Adam Corolla's show can be pretty good but there are some major problems

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by koclem, Aug 2, 2012.

1. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    - The live shows don't translate to radio
    - David Wild is unbearable and is on every week
    - Dave Dameshek is unbearable and is on every week
    - Alison Rosen is really, really fucking annoying
    - Dennis Pragar?

2. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    - He interrupts guests constantly.
    - He clears his throat every 3.5 seconds.

3. Wangold

Wangold Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agree with you about Alison Rosen. She talks way too much and she thinks she is funny......which she is not.

I would much rather have Adam's friend Ray co-host. They're great together on Adam's other show, Ace On The House.

4. koclem

Reputations:
    He does love to talk thats for sure

5. koclem

Reputations:
    She has her own podcast which I checked out to hear the interview she did with Jim Norton,

before the show begins she goes on a 10 minute emotional chick rant about her feelings and how interviewing Jim Norton affected her so profoundly

6. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I listen to him more often now that I don't listen to HSS. I think he's fine all in all, but I don't think I ever get a laugh out of his show the way you could count on Howard's show to do so (at its peak many moons ago)...

I'll say this much, he does seem to have gotten a bit arrogant now that his is the number one podcast, and the longer you listen to him, the more he comes off as incredibly cheap in a hilarious way that he is completely unaware of. I think the difference between him and howard is that adam still has the sensibilities of a guy who used to work minimum wage jobs, whereas howard is cheap because he wants to horde every dollar he makes.

Also, he fired his dad recently from making a podcast because it was losing money which he himself has harped on repeatedly for weeks now. I think Adam must feel a twinge of guilt for how often he brings it up and tries to justify the decision. It's just interesting to hear someone who should be above something like this get bogged down in it.

Sorry to get off point on your original post, i've read elsewhere the same critiques on david wild and allison....

7. koclem

Reputations:
    I think he rips off all the family anecdote stuff from Stern and my god that David Wilde just kills it for me. the guy just fucking sucks

8. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    Somebody needs to tell Adam that he doesn't need to have 98 bullet points about each and every topic that's brought up on the show, and that he doesn't have to take the scenic route to get to every one of them.

And while someone's telling him that, can they please also tell him to ditch that Rosen chick? Is she supposed to be annoying? She's clearly not dumb, but she's not bright enough to listen to, and she's obviously not funny, either. She was painfully out of her depth on the Artie/Carolla Caroline's podcast.

And what's with him buddying-up to that Dameshek douchebag?

Also, he's got to learn to let a conversation breathe rather than strangle it with too many words.

Adam is definitely in the "small doses" category.

9. GQtaste

GQtaste Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't mind David all that much. What irks me Alison and her "quick monotone wit." She try's too hard to say something blue just for the sake of it. She's ok when she doesn't attempt to come off dirty and whatnot.

Adams has such a particular cadence it can rub people the wrong way and it does me too. What's odd to me also is the format they stick to. Have the guest wait forever and finally come in and get to speak for five minutes and then go into "news." The make the effort to come over and do the show and they're hardly on when they get the chance. I thought the whole idea of podcast was you didn't have the restrictions of traditional radio. It's too confining.

10. vaginapoosie

vaginapoosie black magic woman VIP

Reputations:
    i love adam but his podcasts make me zone out. i think i've posted about this very point before on here, but just to reiterate, he's a funny guy, but there's something desperately wrong with the way the show's produced or something.

penn's sunday school is really good. brings back memories of his podcast from a few years back. *monkey tuesday!*

11. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    I enjoy Adam's show especially when he goes on one of his many rants..

Allison Rosen is kind of cute so I don't mind her. I liked her interview with Jim Norton where he admitted he & his buddies used to all blow each other when they were kids..

What really perplexed me is how in the hell he hooked up with Dennis Prager of all people for a national tour..

12. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    he needs to STFU about pop warner football

it would also help if he made some effort to let his guests say a word or two

I think Allison's great, but her own podcast is a real downer

13. koclem

Reputations:
    at first I thought she was ok but she really has gotten on my nerves as the episodes tick by.

So you must have heard that teenage girl-like intro she did for the Norton interview then?

14. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This

15. koclem

Reputations:
    he also needs to STFU with "Love me some ______"

16. koclem

Reputations:
    You are lucky I let you post here copycat

17. tfresca

tfresca Active Member

Reputations:
    I prefer WTF. Listen to the Big Jay episode, fucking gold. I was dying in the supermarket listening to that shit. It's not always funny but it's more often than not interested.

18. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah. A lot of chicks can still get emotional over ex boyfriends, relationships, etc. I don't fault her for it. She's got her own show so she can talk about whatever she wants. We don't have to listen. I'm a sucker for a pretty face so she doesn't bother me..

19. IHateHoward2

IHateHoward2 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    how about tools/construction...I get that he's among hollywood pussies, but every topic's lowest common denominator is that people today don't know the difference between a miter saw and a sawzall.

20. koclem

Reputations:
    it was pretty funny though the other day when he was calling people listing on craigslist and he was quizzing that guy who claimed to be a contractor