News Adios Sheldon Silver, you cocksucker

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, May 3, 2016.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This crooked scumbag was El Supremo in NY......Hopefully you die just before your release date

Sheldon Silver sentenced to 12 years for corruption schemes that netted him $4 million
    BY Victoria Bekiempis, Stephen Rex Brown
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Updated: Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 3:44 PM
    [​IMG] Barry Williams/for New York Daily News
    Sheldon Silver arrives at federal court Tuesday ahead of his sentencing.
    For two decades, Sheldon Silver served as one of the most powerful men in New York State. On Tuesday, a judge ordered he serve the next 12 years in prison.
    The allegedly adulterous ex-State Assembly Speaker, convicted of twin corruption schemes that earned him $4 million, was slammed by was slammed by Manhattan Federal Court Judge Valerie Caproni as being one of the most corrupt elected officials the state has ever seen.
    "None involve an official as high up in New York government as you were," she said, reflecting on other convicted pols.
    "None, as far as I can tell, yielded nearly as much in ill gotten gains or lasted nearly as long," she said.
    "Silver’s corruption cast a shadow over everything he has done."
    "Those sorts of doubts end up corroding trust in government and that, Mr. Silver, is discernible harm to the people of New York," she said.
    Caproni also ordered Silver, 72, to pay back more than $5 million and hit him with a fine of $1.75 million.
    Assistant U.S. Attorney Carrie Cohen asked Caproni to hit Silver with a significant sentence, decrying how his actions eroded public trust in government.

"His bribery and kickback schemes were multifaceted and nefarious," she told the court, saying there's "no excuse, just pure greed."
    One of Silver's lawyers, Joel Cohen, said the ex-lawmaker "is crushed" because of his damaged reputation. "His obituary has already been written about it," Cohen told Caproni while asking for leniency.
    Another one of Silver's lawyers, Steven Molo, asked Caproni to hand down a sentence of house arrest and community service, saying that "punishment has already been inflicted" on Silver.
    During Silver's statement, he told the court that he is "truly, truly sorry."
    The sentence likely represents the zenith of Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara’s ongoing investigation of what he’s called a “show-me-the-money culture” in the cesspool of Albany politics.
    "Today's stiff sentence is a just and fitting end to Sheldon Silver's long career of corruption," Bharara tweeted just minutes after the verdict.
    During a five-week trial prosecutors detailed the shady ways the former Lower East Side pol used taxpayer money to maintain his influence starting in 2003 with essentially no oversight.
    [​IMG] Scott J. Ferrell/CQ-Roll Call,Inc.
    Judge Valerie Caproni, seen here in 2007, imposed sentence on Sheldon Silver.
    In one corrupt arrangement, Silver secretly funneled $500,000 in state money to Columbia University Dr. Robert Taub’s mesothelioma research. In return, the decorated doctor gave Silver leads on his patients suffering from the deadly effects of asbestos exposure.
    Silver then directed those patients to the personal injury firm Weitz & Luxenberg, which paid the pol $3 million in referral fees.
    In the second scheme, Silver told two prominent developers, Glenwood Management and the Witkoff Group, to hire the law firm Goldberg & Iryami for litigation challenging city tax assessments.
    Goldberg & Iryami, in turn, secretly handed Silver $700,000 for these referrals.
    When Silver recommended the firm he didn’t tell the developers he would receive a referral fee, testimony revealed.
    Prosecutors had asked Caproni’s sentence for Silver exceed the 14 years imposed on former Assembly William Boyland last year for bribery and theft of public money.
    That sentence would have been longer than any state politician found guilty of similar crimes, federal prosecutors said in court papers.
    [​IMG] Andrew Schwartz/For New York Daily News
    Manhattan U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara has bashed Albany as a ‘cauldron of corruption.’
    “Silver’s crimes corrupted the institution that he led for more than 20 years,” prosecutors wrote in court papers last month. “As a fixture in the legislative leadership, an entire generation of New York legislators served in an institution framed by his corrupt example. His crimes struck at the core of democratic governance.”
    As part of their request for a harsh sentence, prosecutors charged that Silver was in bed with a lobbyist — literally — and a former assemblywoman.
    Silver’s attorneys Joel Cohen and Steven Molo called the affairs “simply unproven and salacious allegations.”
    The lawyers had urged Caproni impose a light sentence of “rigorous community service" and minimal financial penalties. They said the judge should also consider Silver’s good deeds as a public servant.
    Silver himself apologized in a letter to the judge — without getting into specifics because of ongoing appeals of his case.
    “What I have done has hurt the Assembly, and New York, and my constituents terribly, and I regret that more than I can possibly express,” Silver wrote in his first expression of contrition.
    At least 31 Albany pols have been forced out of office due to crime or other scandals since 2004.
    A whopping 15 Albany politicians have been convicted in Brooklyn or Manhattan federal courts since 2009, according to a list compiled by prosecutors.
    Former State Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos is to be sentenced on corruption charges this month, along with his son, Adam.

2. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    im sure this is an excellent read, i will read it when im on flight to Austin, TX

DarkFriday likes this.
  3. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    1 down, about 150,000 to go.

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    You stay with the plane and clean them at every stop?

Ashbeard and reno like this.
  5. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    excellent sentence structure, will modify it when they make me put away my tablet

6. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was gonna make a joke about the coat being the Executive

but it didn't have a belt

7. baltimore mike

baltimore mike I wear panties 24/7 364

Reputations:
    I thought this was about Sheldon Cooper

8. DrSublux

DrSublux Who am dis VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

doughhead63 likes this.
  9. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    He must be a "D" since his party affiliation isn't mentioned in the article.:giggle:

10. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep:up:

11. RaeRae

RaeRae VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fucknut stopped my Jets from getting their own stadium. I hope he rots in jail.

jackieavenger and stanggirl like this.
  12. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I thought this was about Shel Silverstein
    [​IMG]

jackieavenger likes this.
  13. Calloused Shins

Calloused Shins Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A corrupt politician? Only thing shocking about this sentence is that one just like it isn't handed out daily

stanggirl, reno and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  14. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

15. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    I was wondering the same thing myself. :jj:

PI Nate likes this.
  16. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I knew a woman who looked just like her. I mean, what are the odds of finding two women who look like Steven King?

17. Sleep

Sleep I Only Drink Caucasian Water DawgShed News

Reputations:
    Was he David Silver's daddy?

[​IMG]

18. Thrasher-HD

Thrasher-HD Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    u been saving a lots of reading material lately

19. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations: