Adopting a Kid

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dump Button, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Dump Button

Dump Button Former Mall Security Guard

Reputations:
    Have you ever?

2. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No, but my best friend growing up was adopted. He was adopted in 1964. The adoption was pre-arranged, meaning his birth mother knew before he was born that she was giving him up and his adoptive parents were connected to her through some agency at the time. He was 2 days old when his adoptive parents took him from Florida, where he was born, to New York. His adoptive parents were in their early 40's at that time. They never had any children of their own and never adopted any other children. We lived near each other when we were little and since we were close in age (he's 10 months older) we became close friends. His parents became very wealthy through real estate and he had a privileged childhood. But his parents told him he was adopted when he was 7, and he changed after that. There was always something missing in his life. He wanted to know who he really was - who his mother really was, whether he had siblings someplace. I feel this missing piece of his life bothered him greatly. He went through tough times as a teen, flunking out of school, joining gangs, hanging out with lowlifes. My mother felt sorry for him, though, and always welcomed him to our home. He was close to us because he was between my older brother and myself in age and he thought of himself as the third brother. He went through two marriages and a broken engagement by age 30. He was a pariah in our neighborhood - if anyone knew you were his friend, you were thought to be a lowlife too.

There's a happy ending, though. He met his third wife about 15 years ago, a woman much younger than him. He moved to Florida and started a new life where nobody knew him. He had a bunch of kids and now, thanks to the millions his adoptive parents left him, lives in a gated community in Florida with a huge pool and a beautiful home. We text now and then and at age 51, finally seems to be happy. He always said that he was going to find his birth mother and maybe he finally did.

3. Bristol Chicken

Bristol Chicken Free Range and Loving It Gold

Reputations:
    Yes.
    Good kids.
    I don't even have to ask them to mow the lawn.

[​IMG]

4. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    No....but I have a few kids, my kids have a couple adopted friends and knew a bunch of adopted kids growing up.
    Thinking about it?

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  5. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  6. meanredhed

meanredhed Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :haha:

1Vegasgirl and babybear like this.
  7. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    my friend's English husband was adopted. He started doing some digging and found that his biological parents had him when they were very young.
    He was able to find the address of his mother and wrote her a letter- no reply. This must have crushed him.
    His father had a very common name (ex. John Smith) so he wasn't able to find the right one.

8. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I'm in my 40's, but I'm willing to be adopted. It might be awkward around the holidays, but I'm willing to leave my room messy, and you can help me with my homework.

9. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    My ex-girlfriend was adopted, and so am I. I can remember my parents telling me that I was adopted when I was around 5 or 6, and I didn't know what the word meant. They tried to explain it to me, and I asked if that meant I had to leave and they told me no, that they wanted me to stay with them forever. That was fine by me!

My ex-girlfriend was crazy about finding her birth parents, and tried to get me into it. She turned me on to some websites that adoptees use to try and track down their birth parents/siblings, and it was really depressing. There were TONS of stories about people going through all this trouble to find their birth parents/siblings, only to be rejected (again), and told to leave them alone.

I couldn't have asked for better parents. My mom was a saint (RIP), and my dad, who's still around, is a cranky old guy, but has a heart of gold and has always been there for me and my (adopted) brother.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  10. jcounce1

jcounce1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I offered to adopt a friend of mines niece, to rescue from asshole parents and it almost turned into a fist fight.

Droog, DuckDong, GIRLY and 2 others like this.
  11. piledriver123

piledriver123 Wonky hunter and Shed lover VIP

Reputations:
    My wife and I have really put a lot of thought to it and we honestly both can't agree on the age we would like to adopt. I mean I would like a child closer to my biological son's age and my wife would like a new born. My son is happy being the only child but I always had a yearning to help and give a child a life that his or her parent couldn't be able to give. I have been on the government's website, Adopt.gov and it always broke me apart to see how many older children need a good home. But as I told my wife this is an issue that needs 100% agreement from both of us or no deal. I still won't rule out anything. I mean look at my avatar, doesn't that look like a well adjusted child to you???:roll:

Thedomina, Anyonenow, smichal and 2 others like this.
  12. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:
    I was adopted. My biological sisters hunted down on the internet and showed up on my doorstep with no warning. Oprah moment but it didn't turn out too well. My sister's were unwilling to take the time to get to know me and have disappeared into oblivion. That's ok, I always wanted to know who I looked like and they did give me pictures of my bio mom. We're twins!! I wish they had found me while my mom was alive, ill bet she would have taken the time to get to know me.

13. zutroy

zutroy Totally nude. Totally flawless.

Reputations:
    Once. I probably wouldn't do it again. Darn kid drove the nanny to hang herself.

14. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I really hope youre not secretly Jon Hein behind your screen name, breathing like Vader there in the glow of the LCD.

Thedomina, piledriver123 and GIRLY like this.
  15. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kids deserve love

16. Weed

Weed Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I worked an event recently (50th anniversary party) and a couple of women in their late 40's were there. They were being introduced to all of the couple's nieces and nephews and giving them giant hugs and going apeshit the whole time. I came to find out that these were the birth sisters of one of the sibling's wife. They just connected about two months ago as a result of that public records law (don't know specifics) that recently passed. Imagine being close to 50 and just finding out about this whole family you had never known? They were like kids in a candy store! Also, fortunately, the family is very nice and normal.

17. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

piledriver123 likes this.
  18. zutroy

zutroy Totally nude. Totally flawless.

Reputations:
    No, it wasn't him. My kid was Chinese.

piledriver123 and smichal like this.
  19. SalsMasterShake

SalsMasterShake Mouthpiece VIP

Reputations:
    Does your son want a new brother or sister? I bugged the shit out of my parents to get me a kid brother, and they eventually did, when I was around 8 and my brother was 1.

You've really got to gauge whether your son is on board; I think it's really important. You don't want your son resenting the new little nipper when you get him.

Also, I don't know about a new born, but you don't want a kid older than 2, IMHO, unless you guys are all truly committed to helping the kid out as much as possible. I met this chick after I got divorced, and she (and her ex-husband) had adopted this Russian kid from some orphanage over there (I think he was 5) before they split up. The kid was a holy terror. It was really sad, but she was doing everything she could to get rid of the poor kid, because it interfered with her social life. I stopped seeing her largely because of her fucked up attitude towards the kid. This stuff ain't easy.

smichal likes this.
  20. dewshtard

dewshtard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Usually the darker the kid, the cheaper they are. But don't get a Russian one