AGT Qustions

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by the Artie Chair, Jul 30, 2012.

1. the Artie Chair

the Artie Chair New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Ever since I dropped Sirius 100, 101, 102 & 103 (and kept the other channels) a few months ago I lost track of what's going on with Howie and AGT. FYI, I can honestly say I haven't watched 10 seconds of AGT. My question is, I remember that things were supposed to "skyrocket" when the live shows started on July 16. 2 weeks into the live shows is there any discernable difference(s) and what are Howie and friends spinning these days on the radio program relating to the live shows? Thanks for any information worth sharing.

2. Smg669

Smg669 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is a discernible difference.

3. the Artie Chair

Reputations:
    We know at least one asshole on Dawg has a spell checker. Congrats you just graduated CUM laude. :cheer:

4. Smg669

Smg669 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I honestly was not calling you out on your spelling. In fact, when I initially typed the word, I spelled it incorrectly - just like you. It's not necessarily what I would call a no-brainer word when it comes to spelling. But, yes, I do have a spellchecking function on my browser.

The point of my brevity is that there has been a difference - just in the wrong direction.

If you have any further comments or qustions, please go down the hall, take the first right, then take the second left and they can help you behind the door labelled "Go Fuck Yourself".
    (You see, that time I was mocking your atrocious spelling)

5. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    The ratings have decreased since the live shows began, including the lowest rating in the seven year history of the show on the 3rd Wednesday of live shows.

6. the Artie Chair

Reputations:
    There is a god!!!! No more Lieberman predicting 16 million viewers or Gary commenting on "thunderdome"??!!!

7. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not so fast. They have decided to add viewers from both nights together to come up with "20 million viewers". Which exceeds Lieberman's estimates of 16 million. Listen, what do you do for a living?

8. the Artie Chair

Reputations:
    Bonus Time Baby!!!! "Don make sure NBC doesn't try and pull any Sirius bullshit with the bonus clauses. I'm the only reason those same 10 million Monday night viewers tuned in for the Tuesday night show.

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No, no, no! Those are new viewers the next night. You have failed Stern Math 101.

10. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    agt questions? Yes, it blows, thats the answer...

11. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i had to laugh when howard said that the judges are allowed to each bring back acts that were voted off.

finally i understand why the mariachi boy wasn't hysterical about being voted off.

in addition to agt being an absolutely horrendous show, it's also a scam. why does the public even bother to vote?

12. Smg669

Smg669 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A single human eyeball is potentially an independent entity whose sole purpose is to "view things". As such, it could be described as a "viewer". Add up both nights, 10 million humans watching the show, that's 40 million "viewers", baby. Record breaking!

13. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Don't watch the new Gong Show, but, allegidly, this is America's Judge.

[​IMG]

14. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:

dEAD mAN wALKING...:marx:

15. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you are blind in one eye, are you counted as 1/2 a viewer? Of course not, you are 1 viewer. Therefore, if you have 2 eyes, you are 2 viewers. Simple.

16. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The AGT show sucks, hard. Only one descent act and even that could end up sucking. But the thing I do find entertaining is that all of Howard's "witty" comments and various insults during the audition weeks were never seen by the public. The general viewing public only saw a very vanilla version of Howard Stern. I wonder if Howard realizes that he got fucked by NBC because they didn't show any of his true personality? Howard and Don may actually want that in trying to set Howard up for other TV work. But for Howard fans NBC made Howard look like a neutered puppy.

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    only howard does the fucking! not nbc.