AGT Ratings 2013?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Black Sabbath, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Black Sabbath

Black Sabbath Nothing to prove

Reputations:
    Better than last year? Worse? Please Please baby Jesus Bomb! I want to see him play the blame game.....

2. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for the thread. Can this serve as the official over/under/parlay for AGT ratings? JHIG - you the ratings maven. Someone set the line. I'll provisionally take the under until I can research it further...

3. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'd be very surprised if this glorified jerryspringer gongshow shows any improvement over last year, 4 judges means its going to move even slower and there's really no name recognition among them except maybe for Heidi Klum, and people only care about her because she was marginally successful on a judging show about modeling, the rest of that panel is sad B-listers in the twilight of their careers. No clue what the brain trust at NBC was smoking in putting this group together and then believing they're going to connect with the sought after 12-24 demographic.

In any case, it'll be all downhill after the first episode and not in a good way. People will tune in for curiosity factor, realize it stinks and it stinks bad, and never watch again. Only so much jump-roping dogs anyone can stand in a lifetime. To nick cannons credit he knows the game and he's solid in his role but otherwise its a show with an identity crisis that no one can save.

4. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I should add, I have a friend that worked in the same building in london as Simon Cowbell back before he had his reality show successes, and Cowell was seen hand-in-hand openly dating other men at the time so there's no way he didn't handpick those One Direction twinks just to be able to powerfuck them and make their mascara run in the back of his limo or under the waterfall in the backyard or god knows where. Just the thought of it would make Howard wet for three days. ​Allegedly™.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  5. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Your friend is talking shit, he's been around for years way before his reality show success. Punch your friend in the face for telling you a complete and utter lie

6. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    When does it air?

7. Danza

Danza Member

Reputations:
    howard is in a no win situation....if, by some miracle the ratings go up, heidi klum is the savior....when they tank again howard looks like a bigger loser.

8. Evil Clown

Evil Clown 34 VIP

Reputations:
    My guess:

[​IMG]

9. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What did Lieberman and Hein predict for the premiere last year? 20 million?

I predict 9.

10. JB50

JB50 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Even Idols numbers were down and its way bigger than this shit show.

These types of judging shows are on the downturn and I predict AGT ratings will be far worse than last year.

11. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  12. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last year's season premiere had a curiosity factor in what would Howard do? That is gone now since everyone knows that Howard sold out and is playing it straight. No one is going to tune in to see what kind of judges Heidi Klum and Mel B will be.

I expect the season premiere to be down from last year (what will be Howard's excuse be this year considering last year he blamed it going down from premiering against DWTS and Idol) and ratings overall to be way down. I also expect Howard to claim NBC executives are ecstatic about the ratings and the ratings would have fallen off the map without him.

13. Rob0729

Reputations:
    Although he will spin it that if the ratings are a success, it is because of him and that he just didn't have good chemistry with Sharon which hurt the show. If the ratings are a failure, he will say that no one likes four judges and it minimizes his screen time and people want to see him more than the other judges. Also, it will be no one cares about Mel B and Heidi Klum.

14. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    look below....

15. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  16. Cum Burrito

Cum Burrito Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    last year's premiere had 10.48 million viewers and a 3.7 (18-49) rating. i'm gonna guess it's right around there, maybe a tad less!

17. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    "Robin, the reason the ratings aren't higher is that everybody is still confused on what night the show airs. The 2012 Olympics has everyone confused."

18. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It doesn't matter! When the ratings are down it's all everyone else's fault. If the ratings come up it will be all because of Howard.

19. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Massive success. And look what we were up against. CSI Boise and a Biggest Loser knock off. I'm Americas Judge. What next, Robin?"

20. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I would guess it will be down significantly. As I said in a previus post, last year had the Howard curiosity factor. People wanted to see what he would do. Current and past fans of his, checked in to see what would happen. There seems to be zero buzz about the show this year and obviously NBC isn't hyping it nearly as much as last year since they found out Howard isn't a draw after the initial curiosity factor.