AGT revived Wiggy's career??? WTF???

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by PelicanWig, Nov 24, 2013.

1. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    I read the following post over on SFN. I'm speechless. This is what people actually think???? Maybe i'm the crazy one.....

The thread title is: "You have to admit AGT has revived Howard's career".
    Here is the OP:

He was starting to wain in when his first SIRIUS contract was expiring , he practically had no celebrity guests and the ones he had were D level like Andy Dick or some other losers. I even remeber his guests asking him why he went off the air after he had already spend 5 years on siruis, MOST people thought he was gone. BUT THEN when he signed up for AGT and basically became an NBC guy and that opened his network to NBC affiiliated guests . NBC TV show celebrities and movie companies that have indirect partnerships with NBC all send their people to be interviewed by STERN. I'm sure his contract stipulated that NBC would throw him a bone and put some celebrities in that studio. And it has paid off because he has been getting some high quality guests here and there, way more frequently than before AGT.

Also his face and name is now out there to the masses again like the old days of public radio - K ROCK, he is in primetime, TMZ even started following him around and talking about him. He basically revived his carrer and his celebrity stock rose through AGT. Althought AGT is lame and really not true to his old character the move was a sucessful one for him and his brand. Again he proved he is the KING and I am happy he is well known again.

GaryPage1inYellow, Oct 8, 2013

:facepalm:

2. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
  3. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    SFN has ringers, interns, and MFP types. Expect the absurd.

4. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Resurrections are a slow build....

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Yep, planted him firmly on the same ground as Sharon Osbourne and Scary Spice. Well done, Howie.

6. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    It's kind of accurate. He was totally gone and forgotten from the public eye. Stern who?
    Now he's on TV and little girls and their mommies know who Howard is. I don't believe they actually
    like the creepy scarecrow, but he 'exists' again and he didn't a few years ago.

The whole 'king' thing is completely laughable however. He's exactly on the same level as a spice girl, retired model and an
    annoying comedian from the 80's. He pumps himself up to try to be bigger then them to save face with himself. Same reason
    he says he did it because it would be 'so outrageous'. I haven't seen a second of this shit, but it sound like there not much
    'outrageous' going on. He's a washed up judge on a stupid talent show.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  7. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Paul McCartney, Lady GaGa, Jerry Seinfeld. Were any of these sent over by NBC? And what other A-list celebrities has he gotten in the last 12 months?

8. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Can't argue. Well put.

9. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

10. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I tend to agree as well. Although I wouldn't say it "revived" his career as much as it just kept him from completely falling off a cliff in terms of the public's recognition of his existence. AGT helps keep the pulse alive, even though the pulse is virtually dead for all long time fans of his radio program. AGT will also help if Howard wants to transition away from radio and into a tv gig to end his career.

11. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    It put him back in the public eye but he sure as hell isn't as as popular as he was during the height of KROCK.

12. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It was always laughable. Nobody crowned him "king" of anything. That was HIS doing. Here's how it works- Call yourself whatever you want - the "King of All Media" or the "Prince of Pop" or the "Duke of Dogshit" and eventually the media will jump on the bandwagon. They start by referring to you as "the self-styled King of All Media..." Everyone thinks it's amusing and it gets repeated over and over.

Finally the "self-styled" part get's dropped altogether and you're the "King of All Media." "King" for short. If you're deluded enough you start to actually believe it and might even go so far as to name your one of your children "King."

Chatsworth, Viscount of Dogshed

13. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    Really? I thought AGT was another nail in the coffin.

14. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The new COO just was smarter than Tim to have the Stern staff tap into the Sirius pool of guests. Most of the bigger names who have been in on the show in recent months were booked by Sirius and did both Howard and O&A.

15. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Agreed. Even serial killers give themselves names and the media goes with them.

16. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yup...just another unoriginal 'idea' of Howard's. This one lifted from another weirdo...Michael Jackson.

17. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    In reality it IS another nail in the coffin. It's just that as far as the greater public was concerned, that coffin had been buried for about 7 years already.

18. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Revived? It may have made more people notice Howard but it's exposed him for the enormous douchebag he is. Did prancing around on the stage with a bunch of gay guys and kissing Howie Mandel do anything to boost his career? Is showcasing his poor taste in clothing and hairstyles, his turkey neck, and his hideous face on nationwide HDTV really a good thing? Everyone else knows that AGT is a joke and Howard is making a fool of himself by acting like it's a big honor to be a judge. He's more of a laughingstock now than he's ever been.

19. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Back when Howie was somewhat honest and self-deprecating, I remember him saying he got the KOAM idea from the Rolling Stones calling themselves "The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band".

20. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    AGT revived Howie's career about the same way as posing nude in Playboy revived the careers of countless number of actresses/singers who's popularity faded.

In other words, it didn't do shit.