airline travel whose responsible for telling the obese the seat situation

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by synch22, Dec 28, 2015.

1. synch22

synch22 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard related....almonds ...portions.

just had return flight for the holidays. Obese lady next to me spilling in my seat, I was not even going to attempt to put the arm rest down. My leg by the flight end was itchy from being pressed up against the whole time.
    Best part is I gave my 6 year old the window seat.... I wasn't going to let her off the hook. Her husband another obese dude took the aisle away across from her. Hey fattys why not sit together?....exactly ..when is enough enough?

whose responsible to call out the situation? An airline employee or me...if me then I'm the asshole causing a scene.
    emailing customer service tomorrow.

be on the lookout holiday air travelers....they were out in abundance tonight.

2. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Fuck you. War fat.

ShutUpSitDown likes this.
  3. chrisfromvegas

chrisfromvegas HOOLIGAN VIP

Reputations:
    With airliners it's all about weight.
    Tickets should be sold by the lb.
    Problem solved.

I'm tall and have to pay for extra legroom.
    Yet I'm squished next to some heifer.

WTF?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  4. synch22

Reputations:
    Sent this note off to customer service, I was telling wife customers should be flagged in the system once a note like this is received. If they are flagged multiple times...the fat list they go needing 2 tickets next time.

Hi,
    Just want to share that I had a very uncomfortable flight tonight. The pax sitting next to me was very large, and as a result I was pressed up against the whole flight and unable to put the arm rest down. I noticed the woman was traveling with her husband who was also large and occupied the aisle seat across from her.
    Whose job is it to ensure comfort for all passengers? Am I as a customer supposed to notify someone , then cause a scene or is it really the job of the airline to notice the situation and take appropriate action? I did notice the woman sitting in front of me was large but purchases 2 seats as there was an empty seat. Why do these 2 obese passengers traveling together not sit next to one another, Only to cause discomfort for another additional passenger rather than themselves.
    Very disappointed paying for a seat and not receiving the same comfort and service as other passengers because of who I sat next to. Perhaps my approach will be different next time.

Thanks

5. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Air travel has become disgusting unless I wanna pop a grand or more for 1st class.
    It's like sky Greyhound.
    I don't want to spend my time with a bunch of losers.
    Sorry you guys, I'm getting really bad.

I'll take my comfy diesel F-350 instead.
    Farthest I ever go is Denver.
    Leave at 6:00am, arrive in time for dinner, scenic drive the whole way.

download (1).jpg

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    Some of us just fly business class. When you fly coach you have to expect to be uncomfortable: "coach" means on an airplane: steerage.

7. YinzerMasshole

YinzerMasshole VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If you don't get the fat bastard next to you... You get the 5'1" Asian in front of you who overreclines and crushes your knees, though she clearly doesn't need the space... Or you get the old disgusting fuck who takes off his shoes and socks immediately after takeoff to share his foot odor... Or you get the small brats that Mom & Dad ignore... Point is, almost everyone sucks on a plane.

My favorite next to me on a plane was the dipshit plastic surgeon who worked on his patient notes on his very high-res MacBook Pro. The man was very prolific at boob jobs. After a few hours of that, he then worked on his taxes. The Ex-Wife was really taking him to the cleaners on the alimony.

8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They don't care if they send your bag to the moon and will happily try to give you no more than a bag of peanuts for the inconvenience. What do you think you'll get with this email?

9. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is really nothing you can do about this. Unless the person can't actually fit into the seat. You could then tell the flight attendant that it's a safety risk and your going to report it to the airline. The person must be seated for the plane to takeoff. I usually buy the big front seat on Spirit for comfort. I'm not fat but I can tell you anyone that is seriously overweight is going to have a real problem on Spirit. They have the smallest seats of any US airline. Unless your about 5ft 6 inches and weigh about 135 pounds you will be in pain the entire flight.

Nikki and FosterKitten like this.
  10. synch22

Reputations:
    This airline used to be pretty solid and throw some credits or vouchers your way. I'll post result, I expect nothing but its worth a damn shot and just letting em know its bullshit.

meanredhed and stanggirl like this.
  11. Fillmore Fingers

Fillmore Fingers Sandy Vag Banned User

Reputations:

More importantly, if they're allowed to carry an extra 100 pounds of fat in their gunt, why am I getting charged for an extra 3 pounds on my luggage? I think a fat tax would be a great idea. And I need to drop a couple.

12. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What would the airline do if your already seated but a ginormous person was assigned the seat next to you but could only fit if you raised the armrest. Could the airline make you raise the armrest and fly squeezed like that the whole flight.

13. chrisfromvegas

Reputations:
    Last time I flew I had to listen to this obese person wheeze and breathe heavy for 2 hours.
    He was spilling into my seat. He smelled like a bottle of 80's Brut. (Gave me a headache)
    I was squished against the window. He kept leaning toward me to see the Rocky Mountains below.
    I was on edge the whole time with this guy in my aura.
    I remained calm and tried not to be mean to the guy.

On the plus side for security.
    I have a bunch of metal and screws in me from a crash.
    They ran a wand around and let me go. I thought it would be a pain, but they must have had decent training.

Man am I a complainer or what.

GloriaGrace and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  14. YodaQuiversStern

YodaQuiversStern Turn and face the strange

Reputations:
    I realized yesterday when watching an obese older person in a wheelchair get loaded onto a plane - obese people in wheelchairs will be an epidemic when I get old. People who are fat already will only get fatter when they are sitting in a wheelchair for their entire day and with modern medicine, most people can be kept alive despite the fact that they should be dying from diabetes and other diseases of poor health. I'm tiny and skinny, so fat people act like they hit the jackpot when they see me sitting on a plane, because they know they can take up their seat plus half of mine. I fly Southwest most of the time and they seem to be pretty good at making large people pay for extra seats and stay out of the exit row (which is where I usually head to sit).

15. JFK

JFK Ask not what your country can do for you. Gold

Reputations:
    Fucking fatties are a real problem in America today. I hope that once Trump is done with the illegals and the terrorists, he focuses on them.

16. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I was in San Francisco and I was stuck in line for a sandwich behind the most obese woman I ever saw. She was walking around just fine.
    Flash forward 60 min. Time to board (I'm flying first class and pay extra to board first) when I see fatty from the sandwich line being wheeled up the gate in a wheel chair.
    I must have been under a lot of stres because I lost my god damn mind. I actually said to the woman, "how come you weren't in a wheel chair whenever I was stuck behind you in line an hour ago?" She pretended not to hear me and I began telling the people around me, "hey, she walks fine! I just saw her walking around an hour ago!"
    I admit I made some people uncomfortable, but I was enraged for some reason.
    My face must have been blood red as I watched them wheel that whale onto the plane ahead of me. Christ. I'm still pissed about it.

17. baci

baci Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    How do you really feel?

18. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Why wouldn't you put the armrest down?? Make it uncomfortable for her.

I was in the exit row once and a big fat guy sat next to me. Needed the belt extender. The armrest didn't keep him from spilling into my seat. Sweaty pig. I took the tray table out of the armrest and put it up as a barrier between us. He was all, "Do you need to put that down?" "Nope. It's fine where it is."

If you need a belt extender, you need to pay for 2 seats!:fil:

19. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    No. You paid for your seat.

20. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I am not a fan of this decision but at least you don't have to be the person sitting next to them. I believe airlines should charge by total weight boarding the plane.....you weigh 185 lbs and your luggage is 63 lbs you pay for your total weight of 248 lbs at $1 per lb. Its the only fair way because weight is directly related to the airline cost.

Obese have right to 2 airline seats: Canada court

Reuters ·

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Obese people have the right to two seats for the price of one on flights within Canada, the Supreme Court of Canada ruled on Thursday.

The high court declined to hear an appeal by Canadian airlines of a decision by the Canadian Transportation Agency that people who are "functionally disabled by obesity" deserve to have two seats for one fare.

The airlines had lost an appeal at the Federal Court of Appeal in May and had sought to launch a fresh appeal at the Supreme Court. The court's decision not to hear a new appeal means the one-person-one-fare policy stands.

The appeal had been launched by Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz and WestJet.

(Reporting by Randall Palmer)