Airman Spencer Stone, who helped stop French train attack, stabbed repeatedly

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by dawg, Oct 8, 2015.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:

Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone, one of three Americans who helped stop an armed gunman aboard a Paris-bound train in August, was stabbed repeatedly in the torso early Thursday morning in an altercation between his friends and another group of people in Sacramento, Calif., police said.

Stone was found bleeding with injuries that were not life-threatening, but very significant, Deputy Chief of Police Ken Benard said in a news conference. The incident remains under investigation by police, and stemmed from a verbal altercation while and they were visiting a bar in the area, Bernard said.

“It is critical that you know what this act is, and what it’s not,” Bernard said. “This incident is a very unfortunate altercation between two groups of folks who were enjoying the nightlife in Midtown Sacramento. This incident is not related to terrorism in any way.”

Police were called at 12:46 a.m. by a passerby who said a man had been stabbed near 21st and K streets in Sacramento, in an area that includes several bars and nightclubs. Bernard said Stone, who is 23 and grew up near the club, was found there and taken to the UC Davis Medical Center for treatment.

Police said that they are looking for two Asian men in connection with the stabbing. They fled after Stone was injured in a Toyota Camry, Bernard said. Stone was out in a group that included one male friend and three women.

“At this point, we have no reason to believe that Mr. Stone is in any kind of trouble,” the deputy chief said.

The Sacramento Bee newspaper reported Thursday that police initially did not think that Stone would survive. An employee of A&P Liquors, a store near where Stone was stabbed, told the newspaper that the a security camera there showed that a fight occurred. Contacted by The Washington Post on Thursday, an employee there said police had visited and asked for the video.

TMZ published video on Thursday afternoon that it said depicted the fight in which Stone was stabbed. It showed a man in a white shirt, said to be Stone, in an altercation with several other people.

Angelique Ashby, the mayor pro tempore in Sacramento, said in a tweet Thursday that it was “deeply disturbing” to learned that “one of our heroes was stabbed last night.” She did not name Stone.

The Air Force first disclosed the stabbing on Thursday morning. Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James said later in the day on her Facebook page that she was saddened to hear about Stone getting hurt.

“His injuries are serious but he is in stable condition,” she said. “Many of you know that he risked his life weeks ago to save many lives during a French train attack. The circumstances for today’s incident are under investigation by the local law enforcement. Meanwhile, please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.”

In August, Stone and friends Anthony Sadler, 23, and Oregon National Guard Spec. Alek Skarlatos, 22, were are credited with taking down Ayoub el-Khazzani, a 25-year-old Moroccan, after he opened fire on a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris. Their actions averted a possible mass shooting, authorities said.

Stone suffered some of the most significant injuries in the train attack. He told The Washington Post on Saturday that he needed 20 staples and eight stitches to close a knife wound to his neck suffered in the fight with Khazzani, who allegedly slashed at him after Stone pounced on him. A tendon in Stone’s left thumb also was severed in the attack and will require six more months to heal, Stone said.

Stone and Sadler were in New York City on Saturday to receive an award for their valor from the Belgian government. They told The Washington Post in an interview that night that they planned to travel afterward to the West Coast to Roseburg, Ore., where a gunman killed nine people last week before killing himself.

Skarlatos did not make the trip to New York to receive the award from the Belgians with Stone and Sadler, because he wanted to support Roseburg, where he attended high school. Stone and Sadler said they wanted to be there with him to support the city.

Skarlatos asked people to pray for his friend on Thursday on Twitter.

Senior Air Force officials decided to meritoriously promote Stone two ranks for his actions on the train — something that has angered some other airmen. Stone acknowledged that on Saturday but said he couldn’t focus on the negativity. The service planned to promote him to senior airman on Oct. 30 and to staff sergeant two days later, he said.

“I know I didn’t necessarily earn it the same way that everyone else did, but I’m firm believer that respect is earned, not given, so I plan to do whatever I can to meet everyone’s expectations,” Stone said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-who-helped-stop-french-train-attack-stabbed/

2. flonsta

flonsta Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Stabbed three times? What a pussy."

- Artie Lange

DarkFriday and HorseFanNetwork like this.
  3. AcquiringSignal

AcquiringSignal Girthy VIP

Reputations:
    Asians in a Toyota? Sure.

sfgirl and DarkFriday like this.
  4. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Darling, you HAVE to know there's already a thread about this right? :facepalm:

It's your M.O. :giggle:

DarkFriday and Shortwave98 like this.
  5. HorseFanNetwork

HorseFanNetwork Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
  7. dawg

Reputations:
    I searched for one, i didnt see spencer or stabbing? Let me guess, its under some obscure title that has to be clicked to find out what it is?

8. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    :secret: Look up one post....

:hug:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  9. dawg

Reputations:
    Welcome to the bar :hug:

10. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Who the hell are ANY of these fags?!

DarkFriday, Nunz, Ridic and 2 others like this.
  11. dawg

Reputations:
    :fil:

12. FatKidSullivan

FatKidSullivan Smoking Cigars

Reputations:
    Well, that's enough of life for me today.

I'll be in the basement reading a book.

DarkFriday and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  13. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    :omg: Wait, WHAT!?!?!?!?!!?

Help!! I've been kidnapped!!!! [​IMG]

DarkFriday, Shortwave98 and dawg like this.
  14. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    And THAT'S why I don't come in here. :no:

DarkFriday and Shortwave98 like this.
  15. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    Can I touch your vagina

16. DiamondGoddess

DiamondGoddess Born Ready for My Close-Up! Gold

Reputations:
    Story I read said "gay bar".

DarkFriday likes this.
  17. A Succulent Chinese Meal

A Succulent Chinese Meal Oh, that's a nice headlock, sir. VIP

Reputations:
    Go find a new place to live.

18. Ridic

Ridic Too ridic to quit Banned User

Reputations:
    There is already a thread about this in the bar too. On to the next forum!

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  19. FatKidSullivan

FatKidSullivan Smoking Cigars

Reputations:
    I'm thinking about a Unabomber style shack out in the woods somewhere.

DarkFriday likes this.
  20. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    :console:

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.