Al Sharpton Accepts, Then Dodges Racism Debate...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Jan 22, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Al Sharpton Dodges Racism Debate at Oxford Union, Will Deliver Prepared Speech

by Breitbart News 21 Jan 2015

[​IMG]
    AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster

This Friday, the Oxford Union in London will hold a debate about race relations in the United States. MSNBC host Al Sharpton accepted an invitation to the event, but after confirming he would be one of the participants to propose the motion that the United States is “institutionally racist,” he did an about face, shocking his esteemed hosts.

Sharpton was supposed to defend his proposition along with Black Panther leader Aaron Dixon and liberal blogger Mychal Denzel Smith, while SiriusXM host, Breitbart News, and Fox News Contributor David Webb; conservative commentator Joe R. Hicks; and BBC radio host Charlie Wolf would oppose the motion in a structured Oxford-style debate.

[​IMG]
    L-R: Charlie Wolf, David Webb, Joe R. Hicks

The Oxford Union has committed to continue with the debate, which will be held this Friday, January 23rd. The debate details are on their website at oxford-union.org.

Sources have indicated that Sharpton, who is an informal adviser to both President Obama and New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, has asked Oxford for an opportunity to speak but not debate the counter argument. “He wants to control the event, because he won’t debate the facts and the real issues including how his own conduct impacts race relations in the U.S.,” stated Webb. “He doesn’t want to be exposed for what he really is – a shakedown artist and racial coward. After years of conning people into giving him money by fanning the flames of racism, he’s just too afraid to have a civil, fact-based conversation about the issues of race in America.”

Oxford will allow Sharpton to speak for 20 minutes before the debate but will also have to answer questions from the audience, Webb, Hicks, and Wolf. The Oxford union, to its credit, is attempting to keep its history of fair debate intact. Webb was assured by the Oxford Union president Lisa Wehden that the opposing side will have an opportunity to ask questions of the Sharpton following his structured remarks. “It would be wrong to allow Sharpton to get away with just his usual thin, inflammatory rhetoric when this is supposed to be a substantive discussion,” said Webb.

Sharpton had a rough year in 2014, with criticism coming from all sides. Most recently, Sharpton’s comments following the Michael Brown and Eric Garner cases came under fire for creating a racially charged environment in New York and elsewhere that has pundits and citizens have alleged led to more violence against police across America. The New York Times investigated the long-rumored issue of tax evasion, claiming that Sharpton owes more than $4 million in back taxes. And, while Sharpton railed against law enforcement, The Smoking Gun reported that he was a paid FBI snitch in the 1980s.

The debate will be taped and aired on David Webb’s SiriusXM Patriot radio show Monday, January 26 at 9PM Eastern time. Additional coverage by Breitbart News, Fox News Network, and worldwide media is expected. The Oxford Union YouTube channel will have the full debate following its conclusion.

2. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    I would love for this inarticulate manatee to show up instead....he can't play with the big boys, he's too stupid....
    [​IMG]

3. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm surprised he agreed to this in the first place, perhaps he realized that since this isn't taking place the US that being the loudest in the room doesn't mean you win the argument.That's out of Al's wheelhouse.

AuntDolly likes this.
  4. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OV, PI Nate, JameGumb and 2 others like this.
  5. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i wish ppl ignore the guy. if no one pays attention to his nonsense then he has no power

reno and markluke like this.
  6. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
  7. Imus O Sternsky

Imus O Sternsky VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I hope the day comes when the only thing he has left to dodge is the IRS and bullets

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    AuntDolly, GIRLY, JumboWop and 2 others like this.
  8. Phantom Lord

Phantom Lord Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He is an extortionist just like Jesse Jackson. He doesn't run a real business that manufactures or sells something for a profit. Instead he goes to businesses asking for a donation. They know if they don't they will be labeled a racist company. That is why he is a multi-millionaire (that doesn't pay his taxes). Jesse did the same thing. Research how Jesse's son was given an unheard of contract with Anheuser Busch because they were scared of Jesse and his racist attack.

If nothing else watch MSNBC at 6:00pm for Al's show Politics Nation. Listen to him mumble, can't complete a sentence, will never say a negative word about Obama or anyone black, mispronounce half the words off the teleprompter, and overall just seems like a mess as a host. Ask yourself, why does this guy have a show? The simple reason is MSNBC knew by giving him a show that generates no rating they will never be attacked by him.

I am all for Civil Rights leaders and the black community really needs one. A good honest one. I live fairly close to Detroit and I see more of what is going on first hand than Rev. Al. They need somebody to not only lead but speak for them. Al is definitely not the one to do it.

AuntDolly and TeeDonkey like this.
  9. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    Funny, I was having dinner with a friend last night from NYC and talking about related "issues." Out of the clear blue, I think segueing from what a load DeBlasio is, he said: "of em all, the one I hate most is Mike Riccardi!" I asked who that was and he said the guy that stabbed Sharpton in the chest in Bensonhurst in '91 "because the stupid fuck only used a small steak knife." Told him he had a point.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/01/13/nyregion/sharpton-is-stabbed-at-bensonhurst-protest.html

10. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    at one point Sharpton could get pure coke

i'm gonna cut him slack in these other matters as a result

John Mahlin and ZosoHitler like this.
  11. captbill

captbill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In this photo Sharpton looks like another looser - High Pitch Eric.

12. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    All he does is stir the shit. It makes everything worse. I'm surprised the media never calls him out. I guess that would be racist.

13. XXXXX

XXXXX Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sharpton is many things - none of them good or positive. Pussy.

14. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    MLK was a great and brave visionary and deserves the accolades and respect he receives. However, like most other people, he certainly had his human frailties like adulterous serial womanizing and plagiarizing his doctorate dissertation. There's also a debate on just how much of his "I Had A Dream" speech he actually "borrowed" from Archibald Carey''s 1952 Republican Convention address.. at least part of it. So yes, let's respect him and maybe even put him on a compartmentalized pedestal for his brave groundbreaking and inspiring stand and convictions, but let's also not forget that he was far from a saint.

15. Micheal Kenyon

Micheal Kenyon Here

Reputations:
    I am now a big fan of this David Webb guy. :cpistol:

16. goldtopper

goldtopper Well Known Heterosexual Gold

Reputations:
    Maybe there was a free buffet?

17. SorryBoff

SorryBoff Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He had gastric bypass I think, a buffet would've worked a few yrs ago.

18. GIRLY

GIRLY OV

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

PI Nate likes this.
  19. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    but after confirming he would be one of the participants to propose the motion that the United States is “institutionally racist”

Um, then go find a country that isn't "institutionally racist." Nobody will miss ya.

Nevermind - no other county on the planet could've make this shit bag a millionaire.

GIRLY likes this.