Al Sharpton, FBI SNITCH

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by booybob, Apr 7, 2014.

1. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Known as CI-7

Way to long to post the whole article, here is a link.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...harpton-764312

Al Sharpton's Secret Work As FBI Informant

Untold story of how activist once aided probes of NYC wiseguys

Beginning in the mid-1980s and spanning several years, Sharpton’s cooperation was fraught with danger since the FBI’s principal targets were leaders of the Genovese crime family, the country’s largest and most feared Mafia outfit. In addition to aiding the FBI/NYPD task force, which was known as the “Genovese squad,†Sharpton’s cooperation extended to several other investigative agencies.
    TSG’s account of Sharpton’s secret life as “CI-7†is based on hundreds of pages of confidential FBI affidavits, documents released by the bureau in response to Freedom of Information Act requests, court records, and extensive interviews with six members of the Genovese squad, as well as other law enforcement officials to whom the activist provided assistance.
    Like almost every other FBI informant, Sharpton was solely an information source. The parameters of his cooperation did not include Sharpton ever surfacing publicly or testifying on a witness stand.
    Genovese squad investigators--representing both the FBI and NYPD--recalled how Sharpton, now 59, deftly extracted information from wiseguys. In fact, one Gambino crime family figure became so comfortable with the protest leader that he spoke openly--during ten wired face-to-face meetings--about a wide range of mob business, from shylocking and extortions to death threats and the sanity of Vincent “Chin†Gigante, the Genovese boss who long feigned mental illness in a bid to deflect law enforcement scrutiny. As the mafioso expounded on these topics, Sharpton’s briefcase--a specially customized Hartman model--recorded his every word.
    Task force members, who were interviewed separately, spoke on the condition of anonymity when describing Sharpton’s work as an informant and the Genovese squad’s activities. Some of these investigators provided internal FBI documents to a reporter.
    Records obtained by TSG show that information gathered by Sharpton was used by federal investigators to help secure court authorization to bug two Genovese family social clubs, including Gigante’s Greenwich Village headquaders, and more than a dozen phone lines. These listening devices and wiretaps were approved during the course of a major racketeering investigation targeting the Genovese family’s hierarchy.
    A total of eight separate U.S. District Court judges--presiding in four federal jurisdictions--signed interception orders that were based on sworn FBI affidavits including information gathered by Sharpton. The phones bugged as a result of these court orders included two lines in Gigante’s Manhattan townhouse, the home phone of Genovese captain Dominick “Baldy Dom†Canterino, and the office lines of music industry power Morris Levy, a longtime Genovese family associate. The resulting surreptitious recordings were eventually used to help convict an assortment of Mafia members and associates.
    Investigators also used Sharpton’s information in an application for a wiretap on the telephone in the Queens residence of Federico “Fritzy†Giovanelli, a Genovese soldier. Giovanelli was sentenced to 20 years in prison for racketeering following a trial during which those recordings were played for jurors. In a recent interview, the 82-year-old Giovanelli--now three years removed from his latest stint in federal custody--said that he was unaware that Sharpton contributed in any fashion to his phone’s bugging. He then jokingly chided a reporter for inquiring about the civil rights leader’s past. “Poor Sharpton, he cleaned up his life and you want to ruin him,†Giovanelli laughed.
    While Sharpton’s acrimonious history with law enforcement--especially the NYPD--rankled some Genovese squad investigators, they nonetheless grudgingly acknowledged in interviews that the activist produced for those he would go on to frequently pillory.
    Genovese squad members, however, did not share with Sharpton specific details about how they were using the information m. This is standard practice since FBI affidavits in support of wiretap applications are filed under seal by Department of Justice prosecutors. Still, Sharpton was briefed in advance of his undercover sorties, so he was well aware of the squad’s investigative interest in Gigante and his Mafia cronies.
    Sharpton vehemently denies having worked as an FBI informant. He has alleged that claims of government cooperation were attempts by dark forces to stunt his aggressive brand of civil rights advocacy or, perhaps, get him killed. In his most recent book, “The Rejected Stone,†which hit best seller lists following its October 2013 publication, Sharpton claimed to have once been “set up by the government,†whose agents later leaked “false information†that “could have gotten me killed.†He added, “So I have been seriously tested in what I believe over the years.â€
    In an interview Saturday, Sharpton again denied working as a confidential informant, claiming that his prior cooperation with FBI agents was limited to efforts to prompt investigations of drug dealing in minority communities, as well as the swindling of black artists in the recording industry. He also repeatedly denied being “flipped†by federal agents in the course of an undercover operation. When asked specifically about his recording of the Gambino crime family member, Sharpton was noncommittal: “I’m not saying yes, I’m not saying no.â€
    If Sharpton’s account is to be believed, he was simply a concerned citizen who voluntarily (and briefly) joined arm-in-arm with federal agents, perhaps risking peril in the process. The other explanation for Sharpton’s cooperation--one that has uniformly been offered by knowledgeable law enforcement agents--presents the reverend in a less noble light. Worried that he could face criminal charges, Sharpton opted for the path of self-preservation and did what the FBI asked. Which is usually how someone is compelled to repeatedly record a gangster discussing murder, extortion, and loan sharking.

2. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    HAHAHHA… that fucking RAT!!!!

3. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    One of the less repulsive things I've read about him.

4. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i saw this on drudge and have a side question

for some reason lately when i go on drudge i am getting inundated with pop up ads for some type of anime world of warcraft type game...i use firefox and dont get pop ups for anything else...has anyone else had this issue?

5. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    AdBlock Edge: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/

6. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well there had been rumors of this for years...How else can you explain this douchebag not in Jail????

7. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    No surprise, the only thing Al ever cared about was himself.

8. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Drudge doesn't have pop-ups. Have you checked for Malware?

9. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't read all that sht

10. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    Sharpton was in my neighborhood cigar shop about 3 weeks ago, in town to spread misinformation about "Stand Your Ground" self-defense laws in Florida, using the Zimmerman case -which has nothing whatsoever to do with Stand Your Ground in any way- as a deceptive tool. hey, why let facts get in the way? Obama never does.
    yes hes a deceptive tool (Sharpton too). Smokes Ashton Original Connecticut, a mild cigar

11. skater76

skater76 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hal Turner part 2

12. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    People don't just voluntarily turn rat. Wonder what charges Sharpton was facing to be forced into the life of a snitch.... Maybe a murder Charge against him for inciting the murder of that shopkeeper?

13. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Nope. Al can always pull the:
    [​IMG]

14. skater76

Reputations:
    Do you even know who Hal Turner is if not shut the Fuck Up.

15. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    He's just working off crimes for them. He serves as an informant, they forget to charge him.

16. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    is this why nobody asks him to explain how he obtained the money to buy his brooklyn mansion?

17. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    The FBI informant? This is all coming out just because Al is black.

18. skater76

Reputations:
    Hal Turner did more to hurt Whites then sharpton ever could.

19. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Give him time.

20. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    One of the funniest memories I have of the Stern Show was Gilbert ripping on Tawana Brawley saying "nobody minipsnates me and my family". Gilbert was fucking on fire that day.

I am so amazed that he has a fucking show on MSNBC. The parodies on SNL of him reading the teleprompter are awesome.