Alex Bennett Show given the boot by Sirius/XM after almost 10 years!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MPVT, Jun 28, 2013.

1. MPVT

MPVT New Member

Reputations:
    THey gave this guy 10 days notice to pack up and get out. What kind of company are we supporting here????

2. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    I recall his daily broadcasts from WMCA, when it turned to a talk-radio format in the 1970's. Its sad, as his annual salary was less than Howard spends on wig glue :facepalm:

3. Bentknee

Bentknee Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They have no money left to pay anybody else after they pay Howard.

4. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Is this the dope with all the conspiracy theories? If so, good riddance.

5. AxlCorey

AxlCorey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who??

6. SMH

SMH Member

Reputations:
    You're thinking of Alex Jones.

This guy is just your general run-of-the-mill geriatric leftard.

7. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;cce0C00pALw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cce0C00pALw[/video]

8. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Oh, ok. Well then... good riddance all the same!

:wigtip:

9. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I tried listening to Alex Jones podcasts...they are tiring. He just screams and rants about the New World Order.

10. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    The unpaid internships are killing Sirius' bottom line. They need to get the DJs to also work for free. After all, its prestigious to work at the only satellite radio company in America.

-------------------------------------

Our internship program will provide you with an opportunity to combine your hard earned book learning with some necessary real world experience. SiriusXM offers one of the most hands-on programs specifically designed to make use of the talent and motivation in every intern. We offer a multitude of exciting opportunities for our interns, from the broadcast booth to behind-the-scenes and everything in between.

Our internships are unpaid and for credit only. You will be asked to provide proof of enrollment at an accredited college or university and documentation that you will receive credit for the internship. Positions generally require 20-40 hours/week.

11. BringBackJackie

BringBackJackie Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I remember Alex Bennett in the 80s in San Francisco. As a talk show host, his biggest strength was that he would invite local and touring comedians into the studio and give them free reign. None of the Stern psychoanalyst bullshit that Stern trots out. Bobby Slayton, Steven Pearl, Bobcat, Will Durst, etc could do whatever they wanted when they were on Bennet's show. It was great radio

12. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I used to listen to him in San Francisco, too. I liked that he had a live audience, and one time he did the show from his bedroom, and invited his fans into his home. Alex was pretty cool and very funny.

13. John Smith

John Smith Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Shit. I often tune to Bennet's show in the morning when Howard is on vacation or sucking. I guess Chistina knew when to get out.

14. TheLACritic

TheLACritic Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Did Howard have him fired (contract not renewed) for embarrassing and showing Howard up?

15. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wouldn't worry about Alex Bennett. He probably took a better job. I hear CNN is bring back crossfire. Maybe he is going to be on that. Alex is actually a well educated political pundit and I listened to him when I had time. Will miss him on Sirius. Hopefully he will be on something else with a larger audience.

16. Art

Art Grandiloquent Bloviator VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

According to his facebook page, he's coming back with a podcast :up:

17. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i use to hear alex on kzap radio way back in the early fm radio days. iirc ksan took over or was in partnership with kzap.

18. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Bringing back Crossfire with Tucker Carlson? I love that guy, he was so dismissive to Jon Stewart, some of the best TV ever (and I don't think the argument was nearly as one sided in Stewart's favor as the media painted it to be, either). [video=youtube;aFQFB5YpDZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFQFB5YpDZE[/video]

Some follow up: [video=youtube;GhiBfmfP_tw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhiBfmfP_tw[/video]

Tucker has enough Swanson's money to never work again, but I'm sure he'd be up for it (the best part of Sirius BTLS was Bubba pissing him off about his family's frozen dinner fortune and asking him if he had a bunch of chicken fried steak dinners in the freezer).

19. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    alex bennett is a far, far lefty but didn't fall into the usual sycophantic worship of obama like many of the other left leaning hosts. in fact he admitted to being an off the charts progressive.
    i remember hearing him talk about meeting john lennon and finding remarkably unintelligent (he had more respect for yoko as far as that couple was concerned). howard's worshipful love for john has gotten me to the point of almost not liking him (i always loved george anyway).

20. Rogue

Rogue New Member

Reputations:
    Good riddance. He deserved to be fired, almost as much as Howard does. He had a political talk show which he showed up for every morning with absolutely no show prep and no idea of the issues of the day. His only information was fed to him on a piece of paper by his board opp as the show started or was acquired through osmosis while staring at the Daily Show the night before.

His entire show's content was reliant on the same small group of idiot callers every day. That was his way of not having to come up with content of his own or know anything about politics. He just picked up the phone and let them direct the show.

He was as big a hypocrite as Howard as well. He hated every single other liberal broadcaster with the exception of Mark Thompson, who he had something to do with getting the job at SIRIUS so he probably viewed him as an extension of himself. This is why right wingers tolerated him, but this wasn't a political thing. It was all simply jealously with manufactured petty reasons.

He was a “computer expertâ€, but didn't know why SIRIUS only upgraded to Windows 7 and not 8. Eight is a higher number, so it must be better right?

If someone edited out the word "Uhm" his show would have been half as long. Literally.

Fuck Alex Bennett. Enjoy your retirement you old curmudgeon. You weren't fired because you were old, it was because you sucked.