Alison Rosen fired from the Adam Carolla Show

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by Night Ape, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Not sure if anyone heard the news, but Alison Rosen is gone from the ACS as of today.

Adam announced at the start of today's podcast that Alison would no longer be a part of the show; that it wasn't personal, just business. He claims she wasn't a good fit as a side-kick.

Which is odd, because she's been exactly that for the last FOUR years...

My guess is Adam finally buckled to the pressure from his loud, loyal, but mostly obnoxious, fanbase who seemed to call for her head almost constantly in Facebook posts, Twitter replies and in the comment section on the ACS website (when it was active).

Guessing it's that most of his fans are right-wing loons and lefty Alison's very presence threatened their constantly questioned manhood? I don't know. I don't care. But I wish she was still there.

I wasn't a fan of hers initially, but grew to really like Alison on the show. She may have differed politically from Ace, but she also kept him honest, offering a counterpoint to some of his insane positions. Which gave the show balanced discourse. Which it needed.

Looks like we're stuck with the beautiful and talented (and stacked) Gina Grad for the time being. Which I'm more than okay with. She has a great radio voice and was who I was rooting for to get the gig back in 2010 anyway..

This story has all the relevant information, including what Adam said, verbatim: http://www.thewrap.com/alison-rosen-adam-carolla-show-podcast-news-girl-sidekick-gina-grad/

Mmmm, Gina..

[​IMG]

shitcunt likes this.
  2. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    Wow. I liked her, but if it makes the show better, I'm all for it. At least he tries to improve his show, unlike some other broadcasters.

3. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    we will see. i liked alison and will miss her voice. she spent way too much airtime this year agonizing over her dog getting killed though. i guess she will be doing her podcast on her own now (once a week? i dont know how her thursday show will go unless it basically recasts)

4. EOMS

EOMS Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a little early to say she was fired from the show. Maybe she just left. Maybe she got pregnant. Maybe she got a better offer. Who knows? The show is evolving...that's a good sign no?

5. oski

oski Jump For Cock

Reputations:
    Bet she asked for an extra nickel per show. Carolla makes wiggy looks like a generous jew

Boomer likes this.
  6. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She was pink-slipped. Said on Instagram she found out last week; that it came as a shock.

I guess some folks on Reddit tried to call the show tonight to ask for more info and the call screener said Adam's won't be talking about it.

The Carolla Gestapo marches on..

7. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is great news! I hated her for years. I may have to start listening again.

8. Ingens

Ingens VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Interesting. She's in a scene in his new movie.

9. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    The problem with the Adam Carolla show wasn't her; the problem with the Adam Carolla show is Adam Carolla. He's an incessant bore who treats his guests like unwanted panhandlers and thinks that his own bizarre circumstances and opinions are compelling and relatable simply because he happens to hold them. I gave up on his show 2 or 3 years ago after hearing him waste one good guest too many.

But as long as he doesn't fuck with Penn's podcast I don't care.

10. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Did she refuse to call him "Ace"?

Assclowns who try to give themselves cool nick names by forcing their employees use it crack me up. The only people that call him "Ace" are required to do so to collect their paycheck.