All-around ‘Talent’.... Linda Stasi...NY POST

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Nemo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/all_around_talent_txp05CJKiStD0KQEIaogdP
    [​IMG]
    Is it even possible that “America’s Got Talent†actually gets more talented with each new year and each new judge?

After watching the first few new episodes this season with the two new judges — Heidi Klum and Mel B — yes, the relentlessly entertaining, flat-out best talent competition show on TV just got even better.

And despite a general dislike of all swollen judge panels anywhere except say, the Hague, the addition of not just the two new judges, but an extra seat at the table, has made the show, yes, that much better.

For one thing, everybody gets along — even with Howard Stern, who has turned into a funny team player and very thoughtful judge. Who knew he’d become Rodney “Can’t We All Just Get Along?†King?

Happily the “AGT†judges have stopped aping for the cameras and have just let the talent fly. In some cases literally.

So far this year, I’ve been amazed, shocked, thrilled, astonished and bewildered. I mean, seriously, a headstand 80 feet in the air without a net?

I still hate any and all ballroom dancing kids who look like deformed adults with those hideous glitter pants and snapping head moves, but still . . .

[​IMG]

2. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Greatest gif of all time Nemo. :D

3. DanMullins

DanMullins New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Oh man!

4. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    :facepalm:

5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard sterns ability to buy his fame makes me question the entire industry. Seriously, if agt was "hands down the best talent show on television", shouldn't it be a le to stand up to competition? How's it doing in the weeklys?

Maybe it's the best talent show on television... Only because there are no other talent shows on television :). I'm sure that such a claim is an aeis sedai answer to the limit of breaking ones oath.

6. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    How much of a payoff did Buchwald give this person for that "article"?

7. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good Lawd...what does Howard have on this woman?

8. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Linda Stasi has been on the Buckwald payroll since Howard let her on the Stern Show to plug her book. Prior to that, she was critical of the show and Howard. Afterwards, Howard was amazing and the show is better than ever.

9. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    i'm america's judge, robin!

10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...when they mentioned this quote this morning howard immediately said "i told them all this year no fucking around this season. i got those judges in line this year robin". what a fucking douche he really thinks hes holding up that fucked up show.

11. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Exactly, a remarkable 180 degree about face after that first scathing review. She now marches to Buchwald's drummer and avoids the clandestine fucking.

12. Rob0729

Reputations:
    BTW, ever notice all the rumors that Howard is being groomed for NBC late night, American idol is actively pursuing Howard, etc. all are leaked to the Post? Why would a NY tabloid get all the scoops for shows run out of the West Coast about a radio personality in NY unless it is being leaked by the radio personality in NY?

Howard is in bed with the Post.

13. rolltide

rolltide Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The NY Post is bought and paid for.....
    Those cunts there are all shills, and Stern fits in there perfectly.
    Ask yourselves how many "notable newspapers" would actually do a review of AGT.
    The NY Post is celebrity driven and the public know it....maybe that why it's almost gone out of business a couple of times over the last few years.

14. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I saw that guy on a pole act when I was a kid at the circus.

15. BethSucks

Reputations:
    The connection probably goes even further to NewsCorp/Rupert Murdoch. How many times does Howard, the liberal, interject Foxnews into discussions. Every time he mentions watching the news it's always Fox.

16. BethSucks

Reputations:
    That's a great point, the show's an eight year old summer replacement version of the Gong Show, why would a department head of a major newspaper waste time reporting on it.

17. Mike

Mike 'Merica Gold

Reputations:
    I've watched both agt shows so far and hardly remember any of the acts. there was that dude that wants to be a one hit wonder and the 10 year old girl that looks 16 and sings like she's 35. otherwise pretty mediocre talent.

18. Rob0729

Reputations:
    Because Howard is the most topical and dynamic talent in showbusiness today. Tell' em Fred.

19. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    AGT ratings are down from even last year's disaster and Linda Stasi is writing as if it is some smash hit. Buchwald must be paying her well to spew these harrible Stern propaganda articles.

20. Rob0729

Reputations:
    The funny thing is that even complimenting Howard, it is also a swipe at Howard:

In other words, less Howard the better and he is a bore when he tries to steal the spotlight. I am sure that is what NBC was trying to accomplish with adding two judges. They wanted to limit Howard's airtime.