All of a sudden Howard is concerned for the mentally ill?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Getthepoisonout, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    I am not buying this bit at all. If you look back and think about how the show has taken advantage of the mentally ill....admittedly to the great benefit of the listeners....I just don't believe the sudden change of heart. This is a bit and I am betting the eventually Hanzi will attend the birthday show, just like that other wacko Bobo. And now I am using a graphic thingy because I like it! :coffee:

2. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hanzi is out of control. The one thing Howard fears above all things is losing any of his marbles. If Hanzi goes without supervision and harms himself or others it opens Howard up to a lawsuit. Howard sure as hell 'aint gonna let that happen. So Hanzi can go with a guardian and a sworn affidavit absolving Howard of any liability in case of damage or injury to Hanzi or another guest.

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Mental illness is hittin a little close to home for Howchie lately.

4. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember about 5 years ago that Howard said Ben Affleck and Matt Damon wouldn't come on the show because they didn't like the way he treated mentally challenged people on the air. I assume he now cares about the mentally ill to run with his Hollywood crowd.

5. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    His concern for other mentally ill people is Howard's narcissism working overtime.

He'll beat down the mentally ill or he'll pretend to want to "help" them. Either way, it's about Howard being "better" than them.

6. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard could not make it through a radio show without his gaggle of freaks to exploit.
    Hanzi is a Paki.
    Howard takes great joy exploiting him....wink-wink

Hopefully in 10 years some shock jock will be tossing Liverwurst at Ashley Sterns fat inked ass.

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Hopefully Hanzi's violent rampage will be inspired and blamed on Howard Allan Stern.
    :coffee:

8. Rob0729

Reputations:
    Maybe if Howard cared about the mentally ill earlier in his career, both Jesus Twins would be alive, Kenneth Keith might not have gone to jail never mind die in jail, and Hank might be alive and clean and sober.

9. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Awhile back they played a clip of underdog lady crying.
    Howard and Robin thought if was the funniest thing ever!

I will laugh the day Gary wheels Robin into comic-com to sign autographs and pose for pictures to pay their rent.....while Stern is in federal prison for cashing his dead mothers SSI checks after his divorce from Beth!

10. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    Cross to bear

Robo:That's Howard's cross to bear. He built his career making fun of mentally challenged people along with damaged young women.And the people who hated him for that have long memories. They're not gonna change their minds because he choose to adopt some kittens.Additionally, it makes the Howard "make-over" look all the more desperate and phony.This is why he'll never be accepted in Hollywood. There are at least 2 people that hate him for every one will to accept his "change of heart".

11. ohmicah

Reputations:
    Oh, I think the Jesus Twins and Hank would have crashed and burned without Howard's help.

12. Dreamking

Dreamking The dogs of doom are howlin' low...

Reputations:
    Howard would be a fool to let Hanzi attend. And while important, the issue is not really money, it's bad press.If Hanzi goes nuts, it'll be in all the papers. And those stories will harken back to Howard's exploitation of emotionally fragile people over decades. That's the last story AGT Howard wants written.Years of "public image" works and money could be tossed down the drain in a second.

13. Rob0729

Reputations:
    I hate to say it, but his make over is working better than we would like to admit. There is a large segment of the population who will always think he is scum, but he is getting the Hampton and Hollywood elite to accept him and Beth. They may talk behind his back at parties, but ten years ago he wasn't even invited to these parties to have people talk behind his back.

Ironically, it hurts him more with his ever dwindling fan base that he had for decades. A large number of them see him as the fraud he is and turning on him.

14. Rob0729

Reputations:
    Well, if he truly cared about the mentally ill, he would have gotten them help rather than fuel their demons to get them on the air.

Personally, I think Hank's alcoholism was probably worsen by his fame. He needed to get drunk to be on the air or show up at appearances and people cheered on his drunkenness. In between appearances, he probably got even more depressed because when you have a big high like being a celebrity when you appear in the studio or at an appearance, you usually hit rock bottom harder when you are alone with yourself. Hank would have probably drunk himself to death without someone stepping in to stop him and try to get him help, but he probably wouldn't have gone as fast.

15. ohmicah

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

16. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;7dGAgjcAbQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dGAgjcAbQk[/video]

17. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wasn't it Hanzi (when they were talking about giving him a show) that Howard told not to take his meds because it would make him boring? Wonder if someone on his legal or PR team told Wiggy that wasn't a smart thing to say.

18. psyllium husk

psyllium husk New Member

Reputations:
  19. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All these people who came over from sfn, that still listen, are fucking buzz kills.

20. ohmicah

Reputations:
    That's the same Howard who told KC that he needed to keep trying the different "cocktails" the doctors prescribed for him. Eventually, the "mental health professionals" would find the right drugs for him. It was up to KC to be their guinea pig until they got it right. Nevermind all the side effects he may have suffered until they got it right.

That kind of logic is why I scoff at the notion "professional help" would actually help the people in question.