ALS - 6/12/2013 - Dov Davidoff. Bunny Ranch dude/Drew Magary /music:Brighton MA

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by cwok, Jun 12, 2013.

1. cwok

cwok Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Hey Dawgs. (Holy shit ARM you are fucking awesome!)

now, to tonight's show...

Artie says something like: so what do you think about Dan aykroyd?
    Mike: "Dans great aykroyd"
    -
    Haha. thats what i heard, Artie thought he said "Dans a great actor" I dont think so.
    -
    I miss mike saying "hello america".... past few shows it seems Mike is afraid of/tired of Artie making fun of him for that. Tonight's was like "hey.... Artie.." Very disappointing compared to his usual welcomes.
    -
    entro-pen-ur.
    -
    Im watching the hockey game, the ONE TIME i want Artie to talk about sports. He said "maybe Dovs a hockey fan" It seems Artie would like to talk about sports... theres just nothing to talk about.

2. John

John Member VIP

Reputations:
    I love you I love you I love you

3. cwok

Reputations:
    I had trouble following the Dov interview b/c of the damn 3rd period of the hockey game.. great game, tied atm.

Dov also didnt demand my attention... Be funny.. less attempts to be interesting.

OOOH boxing / MMA talk coming up....?

EDIT: Has anyone seen Arties new act? basically I'm curious what his MMA routine is.. Is he still making fun of it b/c he thinks its gay? I really understand where hes coming from, I thought similar things years ago... then you start understanding the jiu jitsu... there is nothing gay about it. You think their "tight shorts' are gay too? You get over it, or maybe you are gay.

JR says the 3rd goal by Chicago shouldn't have counted b/c it bounced off a skate?
    "If an attacking player has the puck deflect into the net, off his skate or body, in any manner, the goal shall be allowed. The player who deflected the puck shall be credited with the goal."

NHL is the best sports around for fair reffing... I love when they pause the game, get the Ref on the phone with the NHL officials upstairs revewing all the camera angles and then make a decision. I am baffled that other sports don't do this. BTW a goal would not be allowed"When the puck has been kicked using a distinct kicking motion."

Look at me talkin' sports. haha

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  4. Artiessobriety

Artiessobriety Active Member

Reputations:
    Shows been good so far, I'm really liking this band. I like how hostile Bocchetti became towards Dan when they were laughing at him for mispronouncing entrepreneur. He said something like " I read it as I was told/ how it's written". He must have thought Falato purposely sabotaged his cue cards.

Also do you guys think that Debra Wilson phone call was scripted?

5. cwok

Reputations:
    We heard pretty good audio of that call, so maybe. I was wondering whos phone was ringing, then it was like a real "caller" calling into the show... but it was arties speakerphone? Lets get ARM that number!

This Mike vs Dan thing is kinda sad. Dan should lay the fuck off the 'talent' I dont understand why Dan talks with so much attitude towards Mike.

6. Gogol Boobdello

Gogol Boobdello Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Artie hates that MMA fight barefoot.......skeevy.....lol

pretty exciting OT so far. i only watched parts of game b4 this. i did see the goals in 3rd.

7. BenFromClifton

BenFromClifton Member

Reputations:
    Guys, please help...how do I feel about this Scott Thorson? In a way, it's like - we get it...ashpet now. Not sure if this is interesting or sad

8. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Love Artie's random sense of hygiene. Skeeved by bare feet and alarmed when he misses a daily shower, but fucks hookers, lies down on city streets, flicks cigarette ash on his own carpet, carries bags of others' piss, snorts street heroin, etc., etc.

(Responding to Gogol; not up to this episode yet.)

9. cwok

Reputations:
    I think of Jon Jones' broken toe immediately... So Joe Rogan was saying they thought he got his toe stuck in a HOLE in the mat, even Jon said that during the post interview. Then rogan said it was just the way he positioned his foot and the adrenalin in his system make Jones not even feel it... until he noticed... oh man that was classic.. I'd rather not post it b/c not everyone likes to see a broken toe. EDIT: yeah.... that youtube video just skeeeeeved me the fuck out... NO HOLE... he totally broke his toe himself

Second OT Looks like i'll be staying up even longer... Wish I was more interested in this bunny ranch dude.

"unbelieveably facinating stuff" - The coke talk was just getting good, oh well. Go to break!

2 Minutes!

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hahhahhahahah I was given the number (can't tell you by who) and out of massive respect elected not to use it.

I LOVE Debra Wilson as well! I agree with Artie, I think she's one THE best female sketch comics ever! Her Oprah is the best of I've seen.

11. cwok

Reputations:
    Does anyone know what the als twitter just tried to link? I get a blank page

"@ArtieLangeShow: Is anyone hearing this stuff?! Not to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the show but these Scott Thorson... http://t.co/4lsmsKBCsZ"

Hour 3!!!! This drew guys twitter is too random.

Art to mike "u never had a diet lets face it." Sounds right

Hit the post! So...is.there a 3rd ot coming or a shootout?(boo)....triple overtime is.coming? Ill never sleep

Angry boner talk lol

Does artie has control over the 'its so moist' drop? That was seemless

OK. Shows over. Artie rulez Hockey over.. Cya!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  12. Markijuano

Markijuano Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Delonte West Bill belichek gangbang

13. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Don't think Debra call was scripted, if only because it wan't entertaining. Cell phone speakerphone?

"Entrepreneur... Yeah, thank you, you see, Art, Jon is like, the guy who comes in with the Cavalry to save me the last minute (unintelligible gurgling)."

"Jon's what we call a comedy killer."

14. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Artie asking about Mike's genetic heritage.

Mike: "My mom is an amazing person, my dad's an imbecile."

His father's son.

15. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Jeez Jon, EVERY fucking time you have to stop the show dead to explain the mullet was a joke??

Edit: Notice how we don't even bother mentioning anymore when EVERY guest comedian proceeds to not be funny at all? We're just used to it, beaten down I guess. This guy and the last guy sounded like decent people (the magician father stuff on the last guy was interesting) but nothing funny comes out. :(

Similar with the bands. This one had potential - it sounds like there's a decent rock band struggling to get out from under a mediocre song and a whiny lead singer. You can almost hear the musicians champing at the bit to rock out.

Up to the Scott Thorson interview now; interesting stuff.

16. octex

octex Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That "comic" was fucking brutal. I'm sick of these comics bitching about the road. Why the fuck did they get into comedy? Having to tour is not a new concept. I guess they think they will all be discovered within a month and have a sitcom deal.

17. NoddinOff

NoddinOff New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    MMA is fucking gay lots of the time and it seems more and more like its for closeted meat heads, artie is 100% correct in his observations IMO and I used to watch MMA alot when it first got huge and I can't stand that shit anymore. Kickboxing not gay, boxing not gay, wrestling seems gay, MMA seems gay, jui jitsui seems gay. And for the record artie has never said trying to advance your position and get someone in a hold or trying to submit them was gay, I think he's talking more about they guys who just lay their with the other guys dick in their mouth and neither of them do anything to advance the fight they just lay there and hug for 3 rounds and Ive seen plenty of that.

18. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Damn, this was a great show. I was going to post as I start on the podcast, but I ended up getting wrapped up in this one. The interview with Liberace's lover was something I was dreading, and it ended up being one of the best Artie interviews so far. I thought for sure Dennis Hoff would try and take it over (like he used to do on Stern), but he just let the interview go.

19. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    PDS, have you seen the years of MAD TV that Artie was on? They were up and down, but they really were great. Debra Wilson was particularly good back then, I'll never understand how more of the original cast members didn't have bigger careers. I have to say that Mad TV season 1 and 2 dvd sets are really great value for the money, if you've never seen them.

20. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Artie says to Richie "You're getting angry, are you going to get a boner?". Then the guest keeps bringing it up, and calls it a "grudge boner". :artiejj:

EDIT: Also, great subtle dig at Stern with the condom talk, when Artie said "I've heard SOME people say it feels better."