Alternate Universe: What if Gary Had Never Made the "Baba Booey" Mistake?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by peterfonda, Mar 3, 2014.

1. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about how Bill Parcells would be regarded today if Scott Norwood had made that kick in Super Bowl XXV. And that got me thinking.

What if Gary had properly identified the cartoon character as Baba Looey, back in 1990? What if the topic of Gary's collection of animated cels had never come up, and the phrase "Baba Booey" had never been uttered?

How would the Stern Show developed through the '90s and beyond without Howard being able to hold that over Gary's head? How would Gary's career have evolved? Since his value as a Stern Show stooge would not have been as great as it became in the Baba Booey reality universe, would Howard have kept him on all these years?

Think about it - if Gary had not made that error, there wouldn't be that infamous "Baba Booey" drop for Fred to play, no "Baba Booeys" shouted out at golf courses or mentioned during talk shows and news programs or SNL, no book called "They Call Me Baba Booey".

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gary would no longer be employed.

3. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Oh, Gary ? He's around."

4. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Probably this.

Can't fire the guy whose nickname is the catchphrase of the show. Howard sours on everybody. Fred is still there because he's scary to fire and Howard sees the loyalty angle as something that benefits him. He needs Robin, so despite her being so annoying she stays.

5. jersery

jersery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure Gary's teeth/gums/breath/incompetence/ass-kissing ways would still have evolved his popularity. And with regards to his stupidity, his book "They Call Me Baba Booey" could have just as easily been entitled, "They Call Me "Mac-hine."

[video=youtube;VfwXx-ks5Ec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfwXx-ks5Ec[/video]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  6. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    there is 0.0 chance gary would've been kept with the show. that is simply fact. he'd be a footnote in hss history. anyone remember boy gary? and given what a retard he is, i doubt whatever he would be doing for a living now would cause him to pompously be asking everyone else what they do for a living. he really should've been asking "what do you make for a living?" because few answers to his "what do you do for a living?" are worse than spineless, dancing monkey for a rich jew. fuck you, gary.

7. Quite Frankly

Quite Frankly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His infamous "I want you back/I miss you, man/muh-muh-muh-marriage" videotape (why the fuck is it called the Apology Tape- he's not apologizing) solidified his place in the Stern world....BabaBooey was just a funny little incident.....he wouldn't have been fired, Wiggy prefers having retards on staff.

8. queerface

queerface Un-engaged Dyke Gold

Reputations:
    I think the apology tape would be just another awesome bit to call back on. Kind of like the Gary Puppet being stolen, or Jackie's apology. Part of show history, but certainly not at the level the 'ba-ba' moniker has garnered.

9. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    Robin who's that Gary fella security keeps dragging away wanting us to taste his pizza's?

10. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    isn't that bad-breath gary? the one who stands out front and argues with all the other wackpackers, as if he isn't one of them?

11. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    He'd still be "Boy Gary"

12. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
    It would ruin the game of golf:c although I think booey said baba boy which quickdraw would call him sometimes Wig turned it into baba booey.

13. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This

14. icypussy

icypussy clit finder Gold

Reputations:
    If Fred didn't change his name to Eric it wouldn't of mattered, he's still Fred:grad:

15. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    This. Howard avoids change like I avoid colored hookers w/ dicks. Booey would still be there, because firing him could set off a run of people with too much self respect to put up with Howard's shit. Booey is a perfect combo of just smart enough to get shit done and just dumb enough to not have pride.

16. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The for what it's worth guy

is that showed canned for good?

17. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Without Bababooey he wouldn't have been such a comedic punching bag. Just more or less a staffer like Fred/Scott, except not he'd still be yelled at more because Gary fucked up so much.