Amazon Prime for only $72....

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BaldPussy, Jan 24, 2015.

1. BaldPussy

BaldPussy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In Honor of the 72nd Academy awards, Amazon is offering their Amazon Prime for just $72. They are also offering all 10 episodes of their original series Transparent to every for free!

Here is your chance to get Prime at a $27 savings... But only for today.....Check out the link

Amazon Prime annual membership discounted to $72 for one day only http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/androidcentral/~3/cxzgVDrSZAE/story01.htm

If you're looking to become an Amazon Prime member, now is the time to do it as the retailer is offering the annual membership for just $72, down from its usual price of $99. In addition to the discount on the membership, Amazon is streaming all ten episodes of its original series Transparent for free to non-Prime members on January 24.

The discount is in celebration of Amazon's strong showing at the 72nd Annual Golden Globes, where Transparent was awarded the Golden Globe for Best Musical or Comedy Series, with its lead actor, Jeffrey Tambor, picking up the award for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy Series. From now until 11:59 p.m., PT, January 24, anyone will be able to stream Transparent for free on Amazon.

Along with access to tens of thousands of TV shows and movies via Prime Instant Video as well as a catalog of one million songs on Prime Music, Amazon Prime members can take advantage of free two-day shipping on purchases made on the site. There's also free unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos.

The deal is only valid for new members, but you can buy a gift subscription and email it to yourself. The caveat here is that in order to use it, you have to first cancel auto-renew on your existing Prime membership, wait for it to lapse, and then use the gift code to get a year's worth of membership.

Interested? Head to the link below to avail the discount, and also to stream the award-winning series Transparent.

Source: Amazon

Quedee and CrucifiedAGT like this.
  2. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
  3. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    The Amazon Fire (HDMI) stick is fabulous. Much faster streaming viewing that my other methods, including Apple TV

4. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
  5. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:
    What's the story on it?

I use the WD Live and don't have any problems with playback and access to any file I share on windows, or with my server.

6. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    New members only.
    :nocheer:

7. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Has anyone watched the pilot of "Man in the High Castle"?
    Amazing complex show in which the Japs and germans won the war and the germans occupy eastern U. S. and the japs the western half.
    12monkeys is also a good time travel show.

cg256 likes this.
  8. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    Can you get all the Amazon prime videos via your WD live?

That's primarily why I got the Amazon stick. Turns out Netflix and other Apps are much faster through it than with Apple TV or my SmartTV

markluke likes this.
  9. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You should try Fire TV then. Quad core, super fast. Also have set up a Plex server in the house so I can stream just about anything through it.

Alisonsbankacct likes this.
  10. markluke

Reputations:
    I have a WD Live as well (have had multiple ones). The plus - it plays just about any file format you throw at it. I think the Fire TV plays even better, plus you can sideload Android apps or download ones from the Amazon store. I have a couple of gratuitous ones (like the burning fireplace app) but also Plex. Netflix is a lot more responsive too. As a result I'm ditching WD Live.

11. BaldPussy

BaldPussy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The deal is only valid for new members, but you can buy a gift subscription and email it to yourself. The caveat here is that in order to use it, you have to first cancel auto-renew on your existing Prime membership, wait for it to lapse, and then use the gift code to get a year's worth of membership.

I did this, and applied for the amazon credit card for another $30 off,so I only paid $42. Sweet deal!

XaltedSmoke likes this.
  12. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Damn, OP got my inner nerd all hot and heavy. Thought it was a new Transformer. Dont mind me, i dont get out much (fucking parole officer) carry on.

smichal likes this.
  13. HS Cult Leader

Reputations:

I live in Europe, but I still buy all American NTSC 120v. equipment. I hate all the European stuff because often it is defaulted to PAL and a different screen resolution. 80% of all those streaming services are blocked because I'm over here, so I don't even bother with them. If I want to see a show or movie, I just go track down a file. [​IMG]

My main thing is my own home network, I have files of movies, concerts, music, and shows for the kids that I just "share" on windows at the computers without using those "public" files. Then I just sit down and turn on the WD and get the file screen, open and select a movie or show and watch. I'm always interested in improvements for sound and ease. I patch the toslink directly into my sound system and get the digital sound from the files passed through the WD. How does this stick give you the sound? Only into the TV? Or is the Fire the better bet with connections? I have a major home sound system and it's as important to me as the picture quality.

smichal likes this.
  14. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    no but the book was excellent one of the few pk dick stories that isn't paranoid syfi

Dorb likes this.
  15. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Limo Wreck likes this.
  16. markluke

Reputations:
    Fire TV has optical out, so that would work, I think the stick is just plain HDMI so you'd have to use an optical out from your TV if available. I have a souped up HP Mediasmart EX490 (upgraded to low watt quad core a couple of years ago) that serves up the files and runs Plex server. The Fire TV runs the Plex app (think it was a $4.99 download or something like that) so they're all available. BTW, once you run a Plex server you can then also have iPads, iPhones, Android devices, etc. as clients. It'll transcode on the fly (which is why you need something reasonable on the server end).

HS Cult Leader likes this.
  17. ShutupMoron

ShutupMoron Unknown Member VIP

Reputations:
    You need to be logged into your amazon.com account. If you're eligible ypu'll get the following offer to purchase a Fire TV device.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1002406661

We'll charge your first payment when we ship your device. Pay the remaining balance in four equal monthly payments.

• No finance charges
    • No interest or hidden fees
    • No credit check or application required

How it Works

1. Click the "Apply offer" button below

2. Add an eligible Amazon Fire TV to your cart

3. At checkout, we'll charge 20% of the device price

The remaining balance will be automatically billed to your credit card in four equal installments every 30 days. This offer is limited to one Amazon Fire TV per customer. Any applicable tax and shipping charges are charged in full on checkout.

Alisonsbankacct likes this.
  18. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    I'm not going to question your knowledge, because you clearly have a basic understanding of the subject and i'm not looking for one of those internet fights over technology. But i do have one word to say to you... SIM Card.

19. markluke

Reputations:
    You, sir, having the makings of becoming another high-paid technology consultant to Howard. I tip my hat to you.

20. markluke

Reputations:
    If you're not in a rush though they often go down to $79. Best Buy will also price match when it drops.