America's Judge Is Wrong Again - Psy's New Song Is A Hit

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Apr 29, 2013.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard sure is desperate to convince everyone that Psy's new song isn't a success after he predicted it would bomb. As usual he was wrong when he said the "fat little Korean" would be a one-hit wonder and today he tried again to spin the numbers. We all know he has plenty of experience with that after the AGT embarrassment last year. It clearly bothers him that Psy is more popular, relevant, and a bigger draw than he is.

2. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    He doesn't understand this is a more polished Weird Al. Al is still around after what? 30 Years. Howard is the definition of a lot of adjectives. In this case myopic comes to mind.

3. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I don't see how "America's judge" could be wrong on this. I'm sur those billboard #s are wrong

4. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    the song is horrible

5. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Got to cut Wigzilla a break on this one. Who would of thought that twit would have had another hit.

6. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Billboard #'s and rankings now include youtube views. Completely nullifying an almost null to begin with list.

7. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    rick dees top 40

8. cokeen

cokeen Active Member

Reputations:
    i can't really hold this one against the pelican. i'm sure it was just wishful thinking. i was really hoping that that asian doofus would go away after one hit too. for his treatment of artie (amongst other things) howard can always fuck off though.
    :wigtip:

9. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Irrelevant since Billboard isn't a measure of good but a measure of popular.

10. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree the song is horrible but a normal person would just admit he was wrong. Wiggy is trying to claim it's not a hit and making up explanations for it's popularity.

11. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In short, Howard is Mike Francesa.

12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Sorry, hetero male over 14 y/o, don't listen, not a fan.

13. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Something else to consider.. Billboard rankings now = youtube views and youtube views now = fake

Many of the music biz's top recording artists like Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Kanye West and Lady Gaga saw their social media impact decrease dramatically as YouTube "cancelled" millions of "likes" and "views" of their videos. Find out why inside... Some of music's biggest viral videos like Beyonce's "Single Ladies," Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" and Psy's "Gangnam Style" saw their social media impressions decrease as YouTube recently cracked down on fraudulent view count-building techniques called "black hat."
    The crack down affects the nations' largest recording companies--Sony and Universal--who were stripped of 2 billion hits after YouTube cracked down.
    So what exactly is black hat? It's "the term used when hackers artificially build up the numbers of views or likes on a YouTube video - enabling them to make clips appear far more popular than they really are and increase their exposure on the site."
    YouTube doesn't come right out and accuse companies like Sony or Universal of hiring hackers to do this. But how else would it have been done? They stated, "This was not a bug or a security breach. This was an enforcement of our viewcount policy."
    Universal, home of Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Justin Bieber, lost a total of one billion views in the video site’s biggest ever crackdown. Alicia Keys and Rita Ora lost 850 million.
    It's well understood that YouTube operates as an unofficial music chart. So for promotional purposes, it sounds a lot sexier to say Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" video got 100,000 likes and 25 million views versus 1000 views and 25,000 likes.
    The longterm impact of the crackdown won't likely hit folks like Justin Bieber in the pocket, but will impact people who rely on their "view count" for advertising purposes on the YouTube channels.
    We guess folks will have to go back to the old hustle and grind of actually asking people to spread the word about their pages and channels. Or just having talent....

14. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    After he predicted the song would flop, then seeing millions of hits on YouTube, he said "Robin, there are just a bunch of YouTube hits from people who are curious to see how badly the song sucks, right Robin."

15. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is just dumb luck for Psy.Novelty acts like his are one hit wonders.Flashes in the pan.He should play a lottery ticket cause he's the luckiest man on the planet.

16. Skyway

Skyway New Member VIP

Reputations:
    Haven't heard it and hopefully never will.

17. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Nor will I.

18. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...not nly does psy have a second hit on his hands hes also doing tv spots for (i think) almonds or some such thing. i dont see howard being asked to be a commercial spokesman for a tv spot.

19. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    I should remind you wig's take on music and politics is always spot on.

[​IMG]
    "wig, he dont know wha street he on, but he do know da street"

20. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    it's #61 on ITunes, how about that for a measure?