Amos 'n' Andy

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Lster, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Last night I had a major Youtube binge of old TV, watched weird shit like a Serial Killer being on To Tell The Truth.

Along the way I stumbled upon Amos 'n' Andy, a show I never watched because Political Correctness killed it because it started as white guys laughing at Urban Americans. Little did I know this show is brilliant.

This episode, with Kingfish duping Amos is exactly what South Park has done many times over with Cartman pulling ludicrous cons on Butters. I haven't watched all of it but if this is an average episode of Amos 'n' Andy I'd say this show was on par with The Honeymooners and definitely some of the best of old television.

Howard related because Howard loved doing Amos 'n' Andy impressions and probably wants you to forget about them.

tired likes this.
  2. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The King Fish whats that u say Andy

Lster likes this.
  3. OneBallBelz

OneBallBelz Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Gilbert and Frank had a long discussion about Amos and Andy on their podcast.

4. loogaroo

loogaroo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    sucks. would rather watch Martin or What's Happening

5. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I have all the episodes. You can download many for free at the internet archives. This incredible site with free content. And the tv shows are awesome. Funny thing this show was number one in the rating even up against Lucy! And the actors were making good money and famous. And the negroes caused a ruckus and had it canceled. Most of the actors never worked again and died in poverty. Fucking saddest thing.