Amputee war veterans take pics like espn body issue.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JesusTwinsBiggestFan, Jul 18, 2015.

1. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    pretty cool these guys can stay it top physical shape after loosing a limb. click the link if u want to see them all

Some wounded war veterans, above all else, just want to feel normal again.

And when photographer Michael Stokes, 52, gets down to business, they do. That's because Michael doesn't shoot traditional solemn photos, posing amputee soldiers looking grave in their uniforms and prosthetics.

Instead, the Los Angeles, California, resident spotlights these men and women in all their naked and nearly-naked glory with sexy, confident shoots that certainly say: 'I've still got it.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Michael started the project unintentionally in 2012 when he photographed 26-year-old U.S. Marine Alex Minsky, a Purple Heart recipient who lost part of his leg when his truck ran over a roadside bomb in Afghanistan.

Alex had sustained multiple injuries in the incident - including a broken jaw and traumatic brain injury - and suffered from depression and alcoholism when he came home. But after pulling himself out of those dark times, he started bulking up again at the gym - and eventually earned the attention of Michael, who asked to photograph him.

Instead of looking grim or sad in a wheelchair, Alex posed confidently for Michael, showing off his bulging muscles and colorful tattoos in shirtless photos.

'I wanted to approach it carefully,' Michael told Daily Mail Online. 'I was a fitness photographer who had an erotic edge to his images, and I wanted to shoot Alex the same way. But I didn't want him to be in the position where he could be embarrassed.

'But he was strong, he was solid,' Michael continued. 'So I thought, I'm gonna basically shoot him as if he's not an amputee.'

While the photos initially earned some attention, a year went by with no further progress. Then, Michael said, Daily Mail Online wrote an article about Alex and the unique photos - and everything changed.

'If it wasn't for Daily Mail, it would have been another year [before the project progressed],' he explained. 'Within a few hours of the piece being posted, I got calls from Good Morning America, the Today show. Big media. And all of a sudden they all wanted him.'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...es-powerful-picture-series.html#ixzz3gEWu1USC
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Tish, smichal, Cinnaminion and 3 others like this.
  2. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Great photos. I can't imagine the horror these poor people have been through…Good for them..

Shortwave98, Tish, smichal and 3 others like this.
  3. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
  4. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah, taking pictures of what you were able to accomplish with your body after losing a limb in war is gay. the only faggot here is you.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Tish like this.
  5. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations: