An example of why today's parents and kids suck

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No winners or losers, trophy's for everyone, every kid is special

Texas teen’s punishment-free life of drugs and booze revealed in new deposition videos after fatal ‘affluenza’ DUI crash
    BY Tobias Salinger
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Saturday, October 17, 2015, 12:16 AM
    • A
    • A
    • A
    Share this URL
    Texas teen Ethan Couch lived a drug-filled life of privilege with no punishment before he took four lives in the so-called “affluenza” DUI crash, newly-released footage revealed Friday.

Couch, his mother and father and a psychologist appear in deposition videos in a lawsuit filed by a teen who was one of 11 others injured in the June 2013 collision near Fort Worth, ABC News reported.

“I've taken Valium, Hydrocodone, marijuana, cocaine, Xanax and I think I tried Ecstasy once, pretty sure that was it,” Couch said in his testimony, admitting he drank at the family’s second home in Burleson “most of the time.”

All he remembers from the night police said he crashed his dad’s pickup truck with three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system is “waking up handcuffed to the hospital bed,” Couch testified.

[​IMG]
    Couch, who was 16 at the time of the wreck, escaped prison time when he pleaded guilty to four counts of intoxication manslaughter and two counts of intoxication assault. Couch’s sentence of 10 years’ probation and time at a rehab center provoked outrage in light of prosecutors' recommended 20-year prison sentence.

Psychologist Dr. G. Dick Miller used the term “affluenza” during the criminal trial, asserting Tonya and Fred Couch spoiled their son too much for him to know right from wrong. The newly-released testimony marks the first time Couch’s parents have spoken under oath about the case. according to ABC.

“I don’t even know that I believe affluenza is real,” Fred Couch said in the video, saying he “never” told his son that rules didn’t apply to him. Couch’s parents punished him for a summons four months before the fatal collision by making the teen walk to work for a month, Fred Couch said.

[​IMG] ABC News
    Lucas McConnell, now 15, filed a civil lawsuit against the Crouch family and their multimillion-dollar sheet metal business, which caused Ethan Crouch's parents to testify about the case for the first time under oath, according to ABC.
    Yet his son said he never had to walk to work. And Tonya Couch said the teen didn’t complete his required community service in the summons, ABC reported.

Couch’s mom said the parents “sometimes” punished their son but couldn’t recall the last time they disciplined him. An attorney asked her if she realized the lack of consequences after the summons - which included allegations of drunk driving - failed to teach her son a lesson.

“I should have known that,” Tonya Couch said. “I really didn’t think that that would happen again.”

[​IMG] KDFW-FOX 4/AP
    Ethan Couch, then 16, is shown in a file photo from his criminal trial in December 2013. His sentence of rehab and 10 years' probation provoked outrage in light of prosecutors' recommended 20 years in prison.
    But the fatal wreck happened when seven teens piled into the truck after a party and the souped-up truck went careening into a group of people helping a stranded driver by the side of the road. The parents “strongly enabled” it, the psychologist, Miller, said in his newly-released deposition.

The family of Lucas McConnell settled last week with the family and their multimillion-dollar sheet metal firm in the last civil suit in the case. McConnell, now 15 after recovering from his injuries, told ABC the family sued “cause I haven’t seen any punishment.”

He said, “I feel like it needs to be done.”

[​IMG] Tarrant County Sheriff's Office
    Police said Couch was driving with three times the legal limit of alcohol in his system when he crashed his dad's pickup truck into a group helping a stranded motorist by the side of the road near Fort Worth, Texas, in June 2013.

tired and jackieavenger like this.
  2. Skycoaster

Skycoaster Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    If all of that is accurate than it is infuriating and is just one more example of corruption. Somehow, someway there is shenanigans going on.

tired likes this.
  3. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how can someone kill 4 people and just walk away because he's privileged?

4. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    Welcome to the American justice system. If you have money you can buy any crime you want. If you are poor you are fucked.

Just ask the Dupont family.

5. F Timmy

F Timmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. cetiya

cetiya Lunatic VIP

Reputations:

Not just because he's privileged but its also because he was drunk. If you kill somebody while drunk you'll only get a few years. Around 5 years. Best way to get away with murder

7. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    even the kennedy cousin is out and he murdered a girl with a golf club...
    he did some token time then got out under the radar

8. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    Didn't he get life in prison for shooting that athlete.

9. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    If he doesnt have 24 hr guards, something might happen to him. Street justice be a beeeyoitch.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  10. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :pray:

GloriaGrace likes this.
  11. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope somebody cracks his skull open with a bat

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  12. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    But the fatal wreck happened when seven teens piled into the truck after a party and the souped-up truck went careening into a group of people helping a stranded driver by the side of the road. The parents “strongly enabled” it, the psychologist, Miller, said in his newly-released deposition.

:banghead: :tears: Stopped to help someone, get hit by a drunk driver...

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  13. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    being white and wealthy must be pretty sweet

I can verify that being white is sweet
    being rich on top of it can only go your way in times of trouble