CCTV an urban storekeeper is slow to produce i.d./ assaulted by cops

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by skylarbrie, Aug 3, 2015.

1. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  2. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Assaulted eh? Looked ok to me. Refused to produce his ID, walked away when he was detained, then struggled when they went hands on

WHTHS and KDK12 like this.
  3. skylarbrie

Reputations:
    it was an act of civil disobedience...he knew the consequence of his actions

4. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    The back story would be helpful

WHTHS likes this.
  5. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Unless the police had a reasonable suspicion that he was committing a crime, he has no duty to produce ID

6. Mlaw

Reputations:
    Published on Aug 1, 2015

Police officers from the NYPD's 25th precinct in East Harlem New York over heard an argument between a shop keeper and a patron. When they approached the shop keeper and asked for his ID, the man informed them that he would provide his identification as soon as he finished "closing up".

While on his way to close the last section of his store, after closing the first section, the shop keeper was grabbed by one of the NYPD officers. When he resisted the officer's attempt to restrain him, another officer can be seen arriving on the scene, immediately grabbing the man by the head, and dragging him down to the ground.

Once on the ground, the man was engaged by 7 officers attempting to handcuff the suspect. As the growing crowd began to verbally protest to the man's apparent assault, an unidentified officer can be seen grabbing his pepper spray, aiming it at the crowd, and threatening to use it on the non-combative audience.

The man is quickly hurled into a waiting police cruiser and driven to the precinct. All the officers involved in the incident disappear from the location in less 30 seconds once he is removed.

The event took place on E 124th and Lexington, in front of the Bottle Recycling Center which is located next to the Rainbow clothing store in East Harlem.

7. skylarbrie

Reputations:
    the shopkeeper was engaged in an argument with a customer, the customer left the scene, shop keeper was angered by the cops slow response , and began to verbally scold the cops...

8. Mlaw

Reputations:
    The footage shows officers confront the small-business owner about an argument between him and a customer before asking for his ID.

The man is seen on the video complaining about problems with patrons as he locks up his enterprise.

“Am I going to be arrested if I don’t give you my ID?” the man asks officers. “When I close up, I’ll give you my ID.”

9. Slow

Slow My name is my name DawgShed News

Reputations:
    "why are there 6 of ya'll" - do people think that every arrest should contain a 1 on 1 fair fight?

people that won't produce ID usually have warrants. how anyone can defend this rowdy asshole is unfathomable.

WHTHS likes this.
  10. MykTide

MykTide Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Completely agree.

Completely disagree. You shouldn't have to produce ID at the whim of LEO. A lot of times they are just fishing for reasons to try to hang you up.

11. ltd86

ltd86 Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Quite the boring story. Lunatic left doesn't have many stories of oppression and racism to choose from lately..

12. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Authority issues. An absent or overbearing father. Daddy needs to be punished.

13. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    exactly....I saw this video a couple days ago and with the title of this thread thought no way was he talking about the same video that I saw!! guy is an asshole! another guy who doesnt cooperate

14. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    how many of you does it take?? 8 against 1??? do these ingrates think an arrest should be a 1 on 1 and a fight to the death or something??? how fuckn stupid are these people in the world today!!! they want a 1 on 1 and when the cop is getting beaten down and fears for his life...shoots the asshole criminal , everyone goes crazy then too