Analyzing Howies career. What his psychiatrist wont say.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Sacredcow, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Sacredcow

Sacredcow Member

Reputations:
    ***********************************Warning!!!! Disclaimer*******************************************

Reading is involved!! I have used some large words aswell.Some may not give a shit. This thread is for those that have a theory about why Howie has turned into the sad person he is now. If noone reads this I could give two shits I just needed to get this out, but I am curious of other peoples point of view, and yes Im high *********

**********************************************************************************************

My theory:

He never did what he did for his fans, he did it to satisfy his own ego.

Howard made a decision early in his career that he was going to push the boundaries. He hated authority. So he made it his mission to buck the trend. He was wild, unique and provoking. A big part of show was innuendo he would find creative ways to get around the rules but still fit into the system and be noticed by celebrities, politicians his dad and his fans somewhat. He said he wanted to entertain his fans and give them what they wanted but it was always about pushing the limits and being recognized for doing that, it was never about the fans. He would always rant about the celebrities that didnt give him any attention or he would make fun of everybody to get their attention. Like trying to get attention from his dad by doing whacky things. That video where Ben Stern interviews howie about democrats or something you can see an example of that. He gives some silly answer and he gets a reaction from his dad.It has always been about being accepted to feed his ego. Once he achieved his goal by going to satellite he had his freedom. He had everything he fighted for. But the that novelty wore off fairly quickly. He could do all the nasty and sexy things he had always wanted to do in order to push the limits. But he looked around and all the people that he wanted acceptance from weren't listening to him anymore. He was left with his fans. His lowly fans. These people have accepted him a long time ago and are on the bandwagon but that was boring, that wasn't feeding his ego enough. He doesnt want yes men he wants opposition. Now we come to the AGT bs. He wanted that attention again, he wants to be noticed, to be relevant again. With agt he sees an opportunity to get back into that sphere where he could push the limits and prove people wrong to feed his ego, satellite isnt that anymore. He beast was getting fed. He wasn't satisfied with giving his fans what they have always wanted, free speech, making fun of people who played the game, titties and ass. It was never about that. It was all about being provocative. He never really gave a shit about his fans and now he has ditched the show and the revolution. He is a phony. / end rant

2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Not bad.

3. Sacredcow

Sacredcow Member

Reputations:
    Someone actually read it? You deserve some rep my friend.

4. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    He didn't like that he looked ugly and therefore was always ignored......his act was to get the attention he never got in his personal life..............LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So he acted like an asshole to get people to look at him.................now he's super-rich and STILL an ugly asshole who craves attention...............

UGLY NEVER GOES AWAY................

5. GRATEFUL DEAD

GRATEFUL DEAD Active Member

Reputations:
    And neither does being an asshole....................

6. Sacredcow

Sacredcow Member

Reputations:
    Looks do play a big part in it too. But i think he got enough attention from ladies that it sorta became shtick to talk about how ugly he was. Its all mind games with howie. He lives at the psychatrists he has some deep seeded issues.

7. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This.. His charisma is what made him fawned over by millions...I'm sure he didn't just suddenly become charismatic.

8. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    What his physchiatrist won't say????

'That's it Howard, you're cured. No need to make another appointment ever.'

9. pylod

pylod Member

Reputations:
    :lol: No way his shrink lettin go of this cash cow!

10. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Howard will eventually go the way of Wally George, but with tons of dough. I hope not though. :dontknow:

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    There's charisma (which he does possess in some quantity) and then there's fame (which he has much more of) and fortune (which he has even more of). Women like charismatic men who make them laugh. Women like fame. Women like money. They mostly like famous rich men who can also make THEM famous by association.

If it was just charisma he would have been banging strippers when he worked at those podunk radio stations. I never had so many women tossing themselves at me as when I was the boss of a company that hired a lot of college girls. When that job ended so did the adoration.

12. blottomsup

blottomsup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Break this down into paragraphs and I'll read it. Thanks.

13. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    :crazyup:

14. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Good points - fans were important for ratings in the terrestrial days and for performance bonuses in the early Sirius years. Now that those are done and over with, he will piss on his fans. He couldn't get a job on Idol - although he'll get some attention for AGT, he'll been seen as an old fogey judge of a goofy show, not as an innovative or hip guy.

15. PappYawn

PappYawn Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    His Mommy told him what to wear, what to eat, what to think and be a representative to the world for HER!
    He has been working out this issue for a while. Nobody tell Howie what to do anymore......except Ray.

16. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    judging plate spinners...how the mighty have fallen

17. mapleviewMN

mapleviewMN New Member

Reputations:
    The decision to go the AGT route was Howard's way of saying F.U. to Sirius.

18. Napoleon V2

Napoleon V2 New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    ever heard of paragraphs?

19. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You had me at"some people may not give a shit"

20. Sacredcow

Sacredcow Member

Reputations:
    Its the beginning of the end. Sad but he was always a false idol its just more obvious now. Hes more hollywood than brad pitt and he doesnt even know it.