And By the Way, Which One Is Cliff?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by hollywoodrose, Sep 27, 2013.

1. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:
    I just listened to the interview with Metallica and I think this has got to be an all-time low point for the wig. The was his 'Mr. Led Zeppelin" moment - I guess here it's 'Mrs. Metallica'. Howard has officially become the guy he used to make fun of, the old man DJ with outdated clothes and hair that interviews a band he knows absolutely nothing about, but tries to hide it to seem 'cool'. And the weird thing is is that Metallica came up at around the same time as wiggy - they're not some gay new teenybopper band in jumpsuits. I mean, he sat there and asked the new bass player about "having his tracks turned down on an album" and there was just dead silence. One of the guys actually laughed at him. "Wrong guy" James or Lars finally said. That's an entry level piece of trivia about Jason Newstead - any fan and most interviewers would know that. Absolutely no preparation whatsoever.

Then he brings up the movie - he goes on and on about marbles. Marbles marble marbles. He's wondering if they're waking up in cold sweats in fear of not making enough money. This is one of the few bands that's still trying to maintain a shred of integrity. They worry about being associated with a shit movie, not making an extra 2 million dollars. They know if they put out something that's good, the rest of it will follow. And then he asks about how excited they are seeing themselves on the big screen? James: "Uh, we've been watching ourselves on tv for 30 years, we're used to it". Embarrassing. Then a mention about avoiding old rehashed video ideas (i.e. clips of the band getting out of a limo, goofing off backstage, folding deli meat, etc.) Basically, we've done that a million times, let's try to do something new - and Stern pipes in, "yeah, any band that's done that stuff, SELLOUTS! HOO HOO HOO! RIGHT?!"

I was actually embarrassed for him. There's no excuse for sucking that bad. He hit bottom a long time ago so he's not going to save his legacy, but at least he could spare himself the misery. It wouldn't surprise me to see him come in next week with a cowboy outfit and fake six shooters. Howard really needs professional help. If he wanted to do the right thing he'd retire tomorrow and check himself in someplace quiet for 6 months and get a real good evaluation by a trained medical team. I don't mean some 85 year old guy spouting wacky ideas across the street from nobu, I mean some solid, direct, honest compassionate health care. Then he can get the help he needs and at least try to do something good in the time he's got left. Sheesh. :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    The funny thing is, he was on WNBC when Cliff Burton died, he had to be aware of it. I'd chalk it up as much to early onset alzheimer's as anything. :dontknow:

3. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:
    That thought did cross my mind - this past week he was asking questions that he had just got the answers to. He either isn't listening or he's starting to lose it. Unlike his hair, there's no "brain system" for when he starts to lose his mind. :c :wigtip:

4. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah it felt kinda strange when he thought Rob was the guy with the low bass tracks on the Justice album :giggle:

For a guy who says that he loves Metallica and cries when they play 'one' and to mistake ROB as CLIFF is pretty embarrassing.

5. Bearcat1

Bearcat1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I cringed when he was asking Robert if Jack Bruce was one of his idols. I thought for sure the next thing he would ask was what Kirk thought of Leslie West.

6. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, Robert Trujillo wasn't even a member of the band in 1988. He was playing with Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves in the late 80s and 90s and his bass was certainly never turned down!

Then asking a man who played in a crossover thrash band called Suicidal Tendencies if Cream's bassist was an idol! Jesus!
    Complete ignorance of the band. Howig thinks the band consists of James, Not-Mustaine, The Guy Who Sued Napster and "The Bassist."

Wasn't he crowing on and on about being a Super Fan who thought Metallica was the Beatles of Metal?

That was just basic level Metallica facts to biff. It'd be like addressing Kirk Hammett with a "So, Dave, tell me how you write a solo?"

7. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    wow that sounds hilarious i might have to watch the htv episode

8. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    come in here dear boy have a gay scarf you're gonna go far :facepalm:

9. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    omwtf he actually thought cliff was there? i thought the title was a play on "Have a Cigar"

10. Partyxanimal

Partyxanimal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I watched it , It was ok but it seemed like he was crow barring his psycho babble on James most of the interview. I don't even think he asked Kirk any questions. And he was clueless about Jason being replaced by Trujillo, And no mention of Trujillo playing Ozzy's gig.

"Was you playing Jimmy Hendrix James , No that was Kirk."
    He was at the concert right? :wtf:

11. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Old douche. Robert Trujillo was huge way before Metallica.

12. WonderWarthog

WonderWarthog Re-Member VIP

Reputations:
    Cliff Burton dying most likely didn't make news on WNBC as Metallica had barely broken on radio then

13. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    My wife and I actually listened to the interview on YouTube - she's always hated wiggy but loves Metallica - and half the time I was pausing it and yelling at the old out of touch queen for his clueless, complete shit questions. At one point she said "You used to listen to him all the time - I thought he was like your hero at one point." I was like I know, I know. :facepalm:

14. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    Yeah, I doubt WNBC was breaking into a Debbie Boone record to report on the death of a bass player from an underground thrash metal band.

15. Marty

Marty New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Used to hate began to dig them again now hate the again

16. Marty

Marty New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The replays killed the appearance

17. Metalheavy19

Metalheavy19 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's rough

18. ItsAWholeThing

ItsAWholeThing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hes fucking famished ,the dudes anorexic and starving himself.Stop picking on Auntie Stern lol

19. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's always been bad with preparing and remembering things. If its not about Howard or his marbles, he doesn't remember. I'm not a fan of brook Burke, but she is spot on with this comment......... Note, I remember the interview and it WAS terrible........ And Howard continued to bash Burke for her comments even a decade later for her DWTS work.

December 25, 2003 - Brooke Burke is on the cover of Stuff magazine, where she revealed her disappointing meeting with Howard Stern. "Probably the rudest person who ever interviewed me was Howard Stern," she said. "He was just boring and rude. It wasn't original, not researched, the same sh** as every interview. It just sucked. World War III, here we come [sighs]." Check out a couple photos from the magazine shoot here.

20. BeerCanThick

BeerCanThick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is Brooke Burke saying that Stern is boring, disinterested in anything not directly related to him, ill-prepared, long-winded and meandering and formulaic to boot?

What does she do for a living? Has anyone informed her that the show has evolved? How big is her cock? 9 inches is perfect!