Anderson gets banned from friend's funeral

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by rory, Mar 16, 2015.

1. rory

rory Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    The family of the late ‘Simpsons’ creator Sam Simon banned one of his closest friends attend a private funeral.

The family of the late 'Simpsons' creator Sam Simon banned one of his closest friends from attending his private funeral.

The TV comedy giant reportedly gave Pamela Anderson an $800,000 ring shortly before he lost his long battle with colon cancer - and his family is furious, according to TMZ.

Simon died last week at the age of 59. Like Anderson, he was heavily involved in animal rights issues.

The two flew to Newfoundland in December to urge the end of seal hunting. He founded the Mercy for Animals' undercover investigations into factory farms and slaughterhouses and the Sam Simon Foundation, which rescues dogs from shelters and trains them to be service dogs.

Celebrity Net Worth estimates Simon was worth around $100 million when he died.

A source close to the family told the Chicago Sun-Times he felt the actress took advantage of him in his weakened state and she should not have accepted the gift.

"The Simon family feels Anderson got Sam to give money to a number of animal causes that are not all that well-vetted or have solid reputations like the Humane Society, for example," the source said. "Then him giving her that ring just pushed them over the edge."

"It's another case of someone thought to be taking advantage of a very sick person near the end of his life," the source told the Sun-Times.

Anderson has not responded to the comments. Simon's private funeral is scheduled for Tuesday.[​IMG]

Shortwave98 and smichal like this.
  2. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Oh wow, so Simon did donate to NSAL after all. I'm surprised.

3. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    You know Sam hit that ass on the way out. Good for him.

4. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:

You sure that isn't Tammy-Faye Bakkers zombie?

[​IMG]

5. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this is sad.
    sam was highly intelligent, if he gave money to a cause the family should respect it.
    he dont seem like the type unduly influenced by a former hot chic.
    they both loved animals

6. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i hate when familys pull this.
    its sams gig, sam would have wanted her there

7. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    This. Sam didn't seem to be losing his mind. If he gave her a ring for a gift, I think he knew exactly what he was doing. I think its despicable how people fight over the estates of people when they die. It goes both ways. On one hand you have Casey Kasem's nut job wife trying to cut his children off, but at the same time you have relatives who see nothing but dollar signs when they hear about impending death. If you have money, make damn sure you spell out exactly how you want it divided up upon your death and make sure no one can contest that shit.

8. Mulletude

Mulletude I'm Big In The Hate Club, Ya Know VIP

Reputations:
    By all accounts, Sam was lucid until the end. His money, his life, his call. If it was a Howard Hughes situation or even Casey Kasem, the family would be on stronger ground, at least in my eyes. Unless there's a whole lot more to this story, it appears that his last wishes were fulfilled. His wishes, not the family's.

stanggirl, blindbella, check1 and 4 others like this.
  9. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    But he's dead, so I guess it doesn't make much of a difference. Sam didn't miss her. Saying goodbye to a corpse isn't that big of a deal to me. My dad died in July. It really sucked, but once he was gone he was gone. I had him cremated with no formal funeral. Instead, we held a wake at his place a few weeks after he died. We said a prayer and spread his ashes in the woods behind his house because he spent most of his time on his deck watching wildlife out back. I said my goodbye to him while he was alive. Once he was dead, he couldn't hear me, so why bother?

10. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Chances are that he couldn't have banged her if he wanted to - his dick probably wasnt even working anymore. Shame because if you dont even have to worry about hep C or anything else, why not bang the fuck out of Pamerlar.

11. wujekcity

wujekcity Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    it wasnt even cash, it was a ring worth 800k which is like me giving someone a penny! his family is just pissed off because Sam hated them and donated all his money to charity!

12. RobsDad

RobsDad Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Everybody wants to think they can spend someone's else's money better than they can. Especially when they had ZERO to do with making that money in the first place.

13. meanredhed

meanredhed Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    I feel the same way. Sam seemed to know exactly what he wanted to do with his money. His death didn't come suddenly, he had more time than the doctors gave him (I think) to sort out his affairs and decide where he wanted his money/belongings to go.

14. itsawig

itsawig Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He loved dogs so much that he would only split Ralph's ass cheeks in the classic doggie style position. And he would spread peanut butter on his genitals whenever berry boy would give him some noggin. Good night dog loving funny man

15. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    who is Sams family?

16. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Eggzactly

Jayla likes this.
  17. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    The story is completely bogus, Pam spoke at the funeral

Canadian actress Pamela Anderson said Saturday she was honoured to speak at the funeral of her friend, The Simpsons co-creator Sam Simon.

“It was a lovely service,” Anderson wrote on her website, “full of laughter and tears.”

Simon, who died March 8 after a battle with cancer, was a close friend of Anderson and shared her passion for animal rights advocacy.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1884130/pam-anderson-among-mourners-at-sam-simon-funeral/

18. Willowglen

Reputations:
    He could have used a little blue pill and Ralpiecakes as a fluffier.

19. Willowglen

Reputations:
    When are people going to stop using the bogus celebritynetworth website as a reference?

20. kingship

kingship Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You just described the federal government!