Politics Andrea Tantaros Sues Fox News for Alleged Retaliatory Benching

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dawg, Aug 23, 2016.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    andrea-tantaros-outnumbered.jpg

After Gretchen Carlson sued Roger Ailes for sexual harassment and Megyn Kelly reportedly backed her up, Ailes was ousted from his role as CEO of Fox News. Then, earlier this month, Andrea Tantaros spoke out. The outspoken host of Outnumbered had disappeared from her show without a peep. It stirred up rumors and questions, but no one knew where she was until a few weeks ago, when she revealed that after she went to executives with her complaints that Ailes harassed her, she was unceremoniously pulled from the air. Only after Carlson came forward did Tantaros share her story.
    Today, she sued, claiming top executives retaliated against her for complaining. According to the New York Times, here’s what her suit says:

Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency and misogyny.

Fox News has maintained since April that she was benched for writing a book without their permission, thus breaching a contract. Tantaros’ lawyer says that during arbitration, she was offered a seven-figure sum if she promised to recant her accusations against Ailes and, interestingly, Bill O’Reilly, who has been defending Ailes against harassment allegations all summer. She refused and her lawsuit says this:

Ailes did not act alone. He may have been the primary culprit, but his actions were condoned by his most senior lieutenants, who engaged in a concerted effort to silence Tantaros by threats, humiliation and retaliation.

Beyond her claims that O’Reilly said inappropriate things to her, Tantaros alleges that Bill Shine told her to “let this one go” when she approached him in 2015, when he was serving as a senior news executive. She went to him to ask if the head of the publicity department, Irena Briganti, was going “after” her. Shine told her that Briganti was like a “rabid dog that” the company could not control, but that she and Ailes worked closely together and Tantaros would be better off not questioning what was going on. This is not the first time Shine has been named as someone who knew about ongoing harassment, did nothing, and then later worked to undermine the woman in question. In Ailes’ absence, he has been named a co-president of the network.

Her lawsuit also claims that the Fox News publicity department operates pseudonymous “sock puppet” Twitter accounts that posted humiliating things about her.

In direct contrast to what has been said by many of her Fox colleagues, her lawsuit includes the accusation that she was not allowed to wear pants on-air. That has been mentioned by others in the past, but has always been shot down by Fox News executives and personalities. Not only were her legs expected to be visible when she was on air, the lawsuit claims, but on multiple occasions, Ailes called her to his office and asked to see her twirl or made comments about how she would look in a swimsuit. When she refused to tolerate that behavior, she was allegedly demoted from a host on The Five to Outnumbered. According to the suit, she wasn’t given any good interviews by the PR department except for one with a “blog controlled by Fox.” The interviewer allegedly asked her about her breasts.

Her lawsuit was filed in New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan today and will undoubtedly be making more headlines in the days to come. We will post more information as it becomes available. We have reached out to Fox News for comment and will update you if we hear back.

http://www.mediaite.com/uncategoriz...es-fox-news-for-alleged-retaliatory-benching/

2. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  3. dawg

Reputations:
    Blank post^^^

4. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    dawg, I tagged you in my new song thread :)

Slow and JameGumb like this.
  5. dawg

Reputations:
    Oh, i thought you were ignoring me.

6. Walygatr

Walygatr Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anybody else wanna sniff that bench?

[​IMG]

agnes and Fawkesguy like this.
  7. garypagetwo

garypagetwo The Gun Gold

Reputations:
    dude I was at the gym yesterday when you randomly asked me if I had watched the resident evil movies yet. No, I haven't, but you'll hear from me when I do

JameGumb likes this.
  8. dawg

Reputations:
    I'll check it out bro

garypagetwo likes this.
  9. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    The allegations are most likely true, but it's funny how they don't do anything until their contract is over or they get in trouble.

10. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits VIP

Reputations:
  11. Fawkesguy

Fawkesguy The sea refuses no river. Gold

Reputations:
  12. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    o
    dawg, Jayla has been sexually harassing me on a daily basis, i to would like to talk to the human resources department at the shed

13. dawg

Reputations:
    :wtf:

14. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    fox stands for family values

15. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It's fun watching Faux News get exposed. That said, I'd sexually harass every one of the whores (except Greta Van Susteren :puke:) they parade out on the sets. They were hired as eye candy.

jrstinkfish, Duck My Sick and dawg like this.
  16. kinneyjames

kinneyjames Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That face will not age well

The Snork likes this.
  17. DDragon

DDragon VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Bullshit. Greek women age very nicely. She already looks younger than her age.

18. lastlaugh

lastlaugh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    FOX is a complete joke. Red Eye was the only thing worth watching. Without Bill and Greg, that's just another show now too.

19. Goodfella

Goodfella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bet she shags like a minx

bznick likes this.
  20. dawg

Reputations:
    This guy knows the answer to that question
    Dave_Navarro.jpg