Entertainment Anniston is not pregnant and is sick of paparazzi outside her home

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MutteringJohn, Jul 13, 2016.

1. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You idiot, the paparazzi were staked outside your home to photograph SuperModel Beth Ostrosky. They could care less about Justin and you. Anniston editorial from the Huffington Post

Let me start by saying that addressing gossip is something I have never done. I don’t like to give energy to the business of lies, but I wanted to participate in a larger conversation that has already begun and needs to continue. Since I’m not on social media, I decided to put my thoughts here in writing.

For the record, I am not pregnant. What I am is fed up. I’m fed up with the sport-like scrutiny and body shaming that occurs daily under the guise of “journalism,” the “First Amendment” and “celebrity news.”

Every day my husband and I are harassed by dozens of aggressive photographers staked outside our home who will go to shocking lengths to obtain any kind of photo, even if it means endangering us or the unlucky pedestrians who happen to be nearby. But setting aside the public safety aspect, I want to focus on the bigger picture of what this insane tabloid ritual represents to all of us.

If I am some kind of symbol to some people out there, then clearly I am an example of the lens through which we, as a society, view our mothers, daughters, sisters, wives, female friends and colleagues. The objectification and scrutiny we put women through is absurd and disturbing. The way I am portrayed by the media is simply a reflection of how we see and portray women in general, measured against some warped standard of beauty. Sometimes cultural standards just need a different perspective so we can see them for what they really are — a collective acceptance... a subconscious agreement. We are in charge of our agreement. Little girls everywhere are absorbing our agreement, passive or otherwise. And it begins early. The message that girls are not pretty unless they’re incredibly thin, that they’re not worthy of our attention unless they look like a supermodel or an actress on the cover of a magazine is something we’re all willingly buying into. This conditioning is something girls then carry into womanhood. We use celebrity “news” to perpetuate this dehumanizing view of females, focused solely on one’s physical appearance, which tabloids turn into a sporting event of speculation. Is she pregnant? Is she eating too much? Has she let herself go? Is her marriage on the rocks because the camera detects some physical “imperfection”?

I used to tell myself that tabloids were like comic books, not to be taken seriously, just a soap opera for people to follow when they need a distraction. But I really can’t tell myself that anymore because the reality is the stalking and objectification I’ve experienced first-hand, going on decades now, reflects the warped way we calculatea woman’s worth.

This past month in particular has illuminated for me how much we define a woman’s value based on her marital and maternal status. The sheer amount of resources being spent right now by press trying to simply uncover whether or not I am pregnant (for the bajillionth time... but who’s counting) points to the perpetuation of this notion that women are somehow incomplete, unsuccessful, or unhappy if they’re not married with children. In this last boring news cycle about my personal life there have been mass shootings, wildfires, major decisions by the Supreme Court, an upcoming election, and any number of more newsworthy issues that “journalists” could dedicate their resources towards.

Here’s where I come out on this topic: we are complete with or without a mate, with or without a child. We get to decide for ourselves what is beautiful when it comes to our bodies. That decision is ours and ours alone. Let’s make that decision for ourselves and for the young women in this world who look to us as examples. Let’s make that decision consciously, outside of the tabloid noise. We don’t need to be married or mothers to be complete. We get to determine our own “happily ever after” for ourselves.

I have grown tired of being part of this narrative. Yes, I may become a mother some day, and since I’m laying it all out there, if I ever do, I will be the first to let you know. But I’m not in pursuit of motherhood because I feel incomplete in some way, as our celebrity news culture would lead us all to believe. I resent being made to feel “less than” because my body is changing and/or I had a burger for lunch and was photographed from a weird angle and therefore deemed one of two things: “pregnant” or “fat.” Not to mention the painful awkwardness that comes with being congratulated by friends, coworkers and strangers alike on one’s fictional pregnancy (often a dozen times in a single day).

From years of experience, I’ve learned tabloid practices, however dangerous, will not change, at least not any time soon. What can change is our awareness and reaction to the toxic messages buried within these seemingly harmless stories served up as truth and shaping our ideas of who we are. We get to decide how much we buy into what’s being served up, and maybe some day the tabloids will be forced to see the world through a different, more humanized

2. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    nobody read that shit bitch

3. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "I have grown tired of being part of this narrative. Yes, I may become a mother some day, and since I’m laying it all out there, if I ever do, I will be the first to let you know. But I’m not in pursuit of motherhood because I feel incomplete in some way, as our celebrity news culture would lead us all to believe."
    :horns2:

4. thegroovologist

thegroovologist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

lurk, Pickle Jar, deadbeat and 5 others like this.
  6. Hank Douglas

Hank Douglas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I always find it interesting when they act like this a problem of society as a whole.. It's the women who buy into this shit... The magazines and entertainment shows wouldn't exist without frumpy middle aged women.

7. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    It takes her twenty years to do this??? Sounds like Justin said enough is enough

AmishGirl likes this.
  8. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    She's a crybaby. Shut the fuck up, ignore the media and enjoy your easy life, you moron. Always with the victim shit with her. Howard's original assessment of her was spot on. Sour puss.

9. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Zzzzzzzz.....is she done yet?!

SternsEgo and SalsMasterShake like this.
  10. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard, those damn paparazzi won't leave me alone.

11. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Waaaaa! Bitch doesn't mind the flashbulbs going off in her face when she's walking the red carpet to pimp one of her shitty rom-com movies to middle aged housewives. Poor Jen, such a tortured soul.

12. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Curiousity got the better of me and I read through her plight. Tragic indeed. Can everyone who uses the phrase "body shaming" please fuck off.

13. lisac37

lisac37 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Funny now that she's getting older and her body's starting to change and age, she doesn't like that people are photographing her and pointing out her figure "flaws" (I'm not saying she has any)........she didn't mind all the attention and "objectification" when she was younger and everyone talked about her fantastic figure. And she perpetuated the pregnancy talk by constantly being seen holding something (pocketbooks, jackets) over her stomach.

14. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm a famous millionaire!! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Mulletude and RenchFries like this.
  15. Reverend Maynard

Reverend Maynard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's 47 fucking years old. 100% chance that it would be Downs if she got prego.

16. Nick Mondo

Nick Mondo VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  17. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    then i guess she goes back to being a fat turtle

18. Elisa Jane

Elisa Jane Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's never getting pregnant cause Justin is gay.

19. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    OMG, she's so brave.

:rolleyes:

RenchFries and GoshGeeGolly like this.
  20. Dean Wormer

Dean Wormer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    She's #3 on my hot but annoying bitch thread. Also, how fucking old is she? There no way her dusty ovaries are producing eggs.