Another 2 Day Week Coming Up

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Feb 23, 2012.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just heard a promo for "The Satellite Years" on Monday at 6:00 AM on H100. A replay of a complete old show from after the move to Sirius. If it's from the early days it will definitely be an improvement over the live shows we've been hearing lately. Another case of Howard's new primary job taking precedence over his part-time Sirius gig.

2. Lou Skunt

Lou Skunt ____________________ Banned User

Reputations:
    Well that may be the breaking point for me. If it is this bad now, what will the summer be like? That is when Howard usually likes to be off the most. Thanks for fucking us Howard.

3. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The schedule I've seen floating around has him doing a grand total of 4 shows in the month of August. I'm interested to see what unlistenable crap they use to fill the rest of the month (if I haven't cancelled by then).

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Let's think about it another way. Howard is doing all of us hard core fanboyeees a favor, gradually letting us down off of our addiction with the methadone of ever shorter work weeks and crappier and crappier shows.

I'm a very regular listener, haven't intentionally missed a show in years (ever since recordings became available online), and I'm starting not to care.

5. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    If they're going to do that. might as well start with the very first Sirius show in '06 and play them all in chronological order - maybe then I'll actually listen for more than 15 minutes a day.

6. Magnificent Mr. Hole

Magnificent Mr. Hole Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What you don't know is "The Satellite Years" is the times BethO came into the studio for Gift scriptions and with Billy Joel's ex.

7. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I prefer to hear classic shows than the mess today. Money has clouded Howard's judgement, and I'm convinced he's popping pills, especially since it sounds like he's a mess lately.

8. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Are you sure it is a 2 day week or are they just taking the week off again. Geez, they put in a whole 2 days.:facepalm:

9. Yeahnolisten

Yeahnolisten Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Don't worry - the notebook full of ideas is almost done - then he'll REALLY work 24/7 for his employer.

10. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh I really pray this is true. I can't wait for all the suckers who are still holding on to bail on Howard and for Sirius to get out of his contract and throw him out on his wig.

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The promo only mentioned Monday, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did take off the whole week. Nothing about his laziness and lack of interest surprises me any more.

12. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The board of directors at Sirius has to be asleep at the wheel. Mel should be fired for this. They should have sent Howie off into the sunset and focused on developing new talent with all that money. They have two channels with a grand total of 1 1/2 legitimate shows and one of them belongs on a sports channel. This kind of shit would make sense in the startup days when there might have been a half-done plan in progress. But how could a service like Sirius have two channels that resemble a clearance shelf in a dollar store? Can you imagine cable channels or any other subscription based service having this kind of unfinished product? Sure, there's a ton of other channels that are filled with programming, but the H100/H101 channels are considered a premium.

13. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Are your sure there's no live Howard on Monday, Feb 27? He has San Francisco AGT scheduled for Fri, Sat (Feb 24, 25), and he also has AGT shooting on Thurs, Fri, Sat, March 8-10, which means the bastard is likely to at least take Wed, March 7th off.

But, does he really have the balls to do a 2 day week (Feb 28, 29) and then do another 2 day week Mar 5 & 6? Or worse, do the two day week (Feb 28, 29) and then take the next week (Mar 5, 6, 7) off?!?

Otherwise, he'd be taking the week of Feb 27-29 off, and then taking March 7th off ?!?

14. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Doesn't matter any more.

I give credit for Howard's honesty when he pretty much confirmed that his radio gig is now only secondary and will utilized as a promotional tool for AGT and NBC, with a gay rant thrown in here and there for good measure.

As far as I'm concerred, Howard "retired" from radio after the 1st contract, and I'll always be thanful and still enjoy the entertaiment he provided me. Anything interesting or funny that occurs on the show from here on out will be considered a bonus and if then I may check it out via download

15. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I totally agree.

If Howard retired all of a suddenin say 2009 I would have been sad to see him go. If he had retired abrubtly before at the end of or before 2007 I would have been completely distraught.

thanks to Howard, I haven't listened to the radio show since the start of the second contract and noq only catch up on segments that may interest me on htv

Think im cancelling htv at the end of this month.

Just like remember Jordan on the Bulls, I'll remember Howard as the mid 90's shock jock and the guy who from 2006-2007 did some of his best, most creative radio

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  16. Booey Logic

Booey Logic Member

Reputations:
    Howard pisses on us, and we greedily slurp it up...

17. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It must be driving him crazy that a Jewish holiday - Purim - is on March 8, a Thursday. I''d bet my left spleen that he's convinced he's been cheated out of a day off. :cwl:

18. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    He's contractually obligated to do X amount shows
    per year .............and he ain't gonna break his contract :grouch:

19. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Howard invented pissing on his fans.

20. OV

OV Rapscallion

Reputations:
    For anybody who still goes to the trouble of torrenting or alt.newsgrouping (although I can't imagine why), this kind of shizzle should put an end to any possible guilt of being a pirate.