Another article about Sirius being doomed...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by OCDlikeaMF, Apr 13, 2014.

1. OCDlikeaMF

OCDlikeaMF Active Member

Reputations:
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/12667491/1/how-apple-will-force-sirius-to-face-the-music.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Shares of Sirius XM (SIRI_) closed Friday at $3.16, down 1.25% for the week. Shares are down almost 10% year to date.

The stock benefited from a couple of catalysts this week. First, Sirius added two new channels to its growing lineup, one being Raw Dog Sirius XM Comedy Hits. The other catalyst, and perhaps more important, Sirius received upgrades from Standard & Poor's and Moody's on the company's 5.25% senior notes.

Moody's upgraded the notes from B1 to Baa3 while Standard & Poor's raised its rating to BBB from BB. These notes were coming due 2022, on which Sirius had granted liens. Now, aside from granting Sirius more liquidity options, these ratings don't materially address my concerns about its future. But all of that can change.

It's been pointed out that my recent Sirius discussions have been too bearish. I've been told that "I'm not seeing the forest for the trees." What I do see, however, is a company being attacked from all angles, especially from Apple (AAPL_). Apple is now in the automobile dashboard. And it won't be just a drive-by. Sirius' first-to-market advantage has no bearing on its fate.

Given Apple's recent agreement with National Public Radio (NPR), Apple is gearing up to give Sirius a run for its money. And I mean that literally. We've all heard, "Content is king." As such, Sirius investors have never taken Apple seriously. Likewise, Pandora (P_) has always been referred to as a "jukebox."

But with NPR in the mix, Apple is now breaking away from its "music-only" status. Plus, very few people aware that has entered the realm of concert sponsorships. The company is promoting a live music event for Maroon 5 on June 20. This is in addition to Apple's international expansion plans. iTunes Radio is now available in New Zealand and Australia.

This means Sirius will need to add more than a few new channels to keep its subscribers from fleeing. There's more to Apple these days than its entry into the automobile. While Pandora has already laid its own ground work, it, too, is on the verge of death. But a Sirius/Pandora union can tackle Apple together. A Pandora acquisition by Sirius should be done for the same reasons Sirius merged with XM. Its life depends on it.

2. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Hmmm....

3. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    why the fuck did i not buy stock when it almost bankrupted - i even said you know i should just buy 100,000 shares at pennies and wtf cares

F******KKKKKKKKKKKKKK

4. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    If Sirius was smart, they would cut excess costs and dump overinflated salaries of DJs that currently bring nothing to the table...i.e. dump the wigged fraud and his bloated contract when it expires..

5. Bungzilla

Bungzilla Active Member

Reputations:
    dont feel bad i was in the same boat. As im sure many were

6. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This. But the company is probably run by idiots.

7. Stevedolphin

Stevedolphin Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Content is Key"is a bad formula."I'll piss on my fans"is the way to future success.Go Sirius!!!

8. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    Can we look forward to the Howard-Apple "rumors" again?

9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Tell Martha and Opera 2 give there $ back. They did shit 4 the product. Ossie channel will bail them out lol. Fuck Sirius and Howard.Mad dog there's another home run channel.Get rid of them all. 500 mill 2 the Wig lol.

10. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I really need a Howard/O/A show, I read rule #2 and realize I'd be a total dumbfuck to post a file sharing site name.

11. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I would delete that , If I were you.

12. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Could Apple be stupid enough to throw money at Howard at this point? They seem to be a smart company that doesn't throw money around at high profile money losers like Sirius does or did.

13. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

The first time Sirius took a huge gamble, and it paid off. The second time it was just stupid.

14. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The smart money is on terrestrial radio :c

15. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did it really pay off the first time? I don't think it really did. The merger was a desperation move by both Sirius and XM to keep the lights on because neither could survive alone. Then they basically gave the company away to John Malone for a short term loan to keep from going bankrupt that gave away controlling shares to him. Howard's bloated salary helped put them in financial peril and I don't think he ever was profitable.

I don't think Howard has ever made money for the company ever. He is a loss leader who gets them publicity that they hope will increase public awareness. I don't think any of these celebrity deals whether it is Howard or O&A who actually provide content or Pearl Jam, Eminem, Ozzy, or Springsteen who just lend their names make any money for Sirius ever, but just are good marketing opportunities.

16. qb123

qb123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sirius is the typical example of a modern American corporation where the goal is to go public so you can bleed the company dry with massive salaries at the top because most investors have no idea what they are doing, other then buying a recognizable name.

17. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dick Nose & Fuckwald are smart enough to know that they are not going to get another big payday from Sirius.

It's over for Old Howie.

18. Rupert Pupkin

Rupert Pupkin That Ass is Attached to Daniela Lopez Gold

Reputations:
    So SXM is going the way of the Blackberry?

I think the doomsday scenario is overblown.

[​IMG]

19. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    no doubt...his third contract offer would be 20-30 million tops (with bonuses..bonuses LOL..)

....Too bad John Malone is still not running the company...No doubt in my mind that he was ready to dump the wigged fraud's ass....

20. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    same here but I did get 8000 when it was about 1.50
    At 3.16 it's still a penny stock and am expecting 15 or 20 dollars a share in a few years.