News Another Case Of A Nosy Asshole That Could Cost Someone Their Job!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Jul 1, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    This happened in the end of May, but some bitch had to push the issue and take it to the media until this woman's job was threatened.

Spirit Airlines flight attendant under fire after posing for photos inside jet engine well

BY Nina Golgowski
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, May 28, 2015, 4:02 PM

[​IMG]
    Previous Next
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Enlarge
    Spirit Airlines flight attendant Ericka Paige Diehl came under fire after these photos were posted to Facebook, showing her sitting inside of a jet engine well on the tarmac at O'Hare Airport.
    A Spirit Airlines flight attendant is in hot water after posing for photos inside of a plane's engine well — leading to outraged flight attendants from around the world sharing their own snaps in support.

The controversy apparently began when passengers looking out their windows at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport witnessed Ericka Paige Diehl hop inside of the massive well, ABC7 reported.

After apparently striking a number of poses before the immobile blades, the 41-year-old Illinois resident boarded the aircraft and began her regular duties.

[​IMG]
    Previous Next
    • [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]
    Enlarge @hashtaglinZ via Twitter
    While tweeting out this photo, the flight attendant wrote: 'Shame on us for loving & embracing our job! I stand with Ericka Paige Diehl! '

That's when a shocked passenger confronted her and asked what she was doing.

"Taking a picture," Diehl reportedly replied.

Unbeknownst to Diehl, her name was written down by the passenger and she was Facebooked. There the photos were discovered on her page and consequently reported to the local TV station which questioned the photoshoot's legality.

A Spirit Airlines spokeswoman, reached by the Daily News Thursday, said Diehl's behavior was indeed "against Spirit's policies."

Pilots, stews, and engineers have been doing it for years. #crewlife #supportEricka pic.twitter.com/B895b514mi

— Carmi V. B. ♒ (@cvill14) May 28, 2015
    "We investigated it further and we took the appropriate action that goes in accordance to the investigations' results," media relations manager Irisaida Méndez said while declining to say what those actions were.

"Whatever the results of the investigation will stay within our privacy rules for human resources," she said.

Altho I'm personally afraid of the engine photo, I totally #supportericka !! (I'm too chicken to get in!!) pic.twitter.com/q9hmiZHLKW

— kimberly johnson (@kimijtoo) May 28, 2015
    Diehl's fellow flight attendants, however, aren't having any of it.

Across social media similar photos of flight attendants inside engine wells have popped up in support of Diehl with hashtags of #‎StewsforEricka‬ and ‪#‎SupportEricka‬.

Some are calling the photos "a rite of passage."

"Pilots, stews, and engineers have been doing it for years," @cvill14 wrote while tweeting out a photo collage of women individually posing before engines over the years.

"Just crazypants this FA is getting flack for her engine pic! We've all done it!" posted aprilmarie214 on Instagram while sharing a similar uniformed photo of herself.

"Shame on us for loving & embracing our job! I stand with Ericka Paige Diehl!" @hashtaglinZ Tweeted with her own snap.

"…taking photos in airplane engines is something flight attendants from around the world do, and have been doing since jet engines were invented," slammed Larry Knox while sharing several photos of himself in the engine on Facebook. "We disagree with your attempt to ruin her career for doing something that is our tradition."

SEE MORE OF THE #SUPPORTERICKA PHOTOS BELOW:

In support of Spirit F/A Ericka Paige Diehl there is nothing wrong with this pic However the timing could be an issue pic.twitter.com/fu8jdLyYFs

— Andre' Hannie (@dre23akind) May 28, 2015
    Because I love engines too I support Ericka Diehl #supportericka pic.twitter.com/eT1JTF3xcE

— Sheila Montijo (@Aviashey) May 28, 2015

Honkey Donkey likes this.
  2. StRyDeRxX

StRyDeRxX Bling Bling Gold

Reputations:

Shortwave98 likes this.
  3. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Month old news is so exciting.

:rolleyes:

4. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Can anyone have any fun these days?!? :banghead:

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Honkey Donkey like this.
  5. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So silly, and saddening at the same time. It's like no one can have spontaneous fun anymore.

IfTheyOnlyKnew likes this.
  6. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    spirit airline is the worst. have had my flight delayed multiple times with them 6+ hours. i sat at the airport in vegas from 7:30 am for a 9 am flight to san diego that didnt leave until 10 pm two weeks ago. i could have drove back and forth in that time