Shop Now At Amazon

Another clue slips about Robin's condition..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HooHoo, Nov 3, 2012.

1. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everyone remembers the Jason Kaplan slip a few weeks ago on BOR about the show "keeping Robin connected to the outside world". Now did anyone catch the next Kaplan zinger on BOR yesterday:

"Howard, to me, was kind of half goofing the entire time; Robin was just.. from her bed, and her apartment by the way, throwing out just vicious, vicous hurls at Gary, at Richard Christy, at some of the rest of us basically trying to paint the picture that all of us are slackers who look for any reason to miss work..'

Whoot, there it is. She's doing the show from her bed. While not exactly shining a light on anything people weren't already suspecting, nevertheless the confirmation is significant. Explains a whole lot about _why_ the secrecy, when factoring everything else we know about her.

Dollars to donuts the gag order is 100% from her, not Howard. This all comes down to her fragile ego and a few remaining shreds of dignity she tries to hold onto. She wants to maintain the illusion that she's still vital and relevant and its all just temporary. Also explains why Howard bought her a TV of all things - he knew she'd be watching a whole lot of it.

Would love to buy Jim McClure a few beers to get the full scoop on the freakshow, you know he's got stories.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At Nordstrom
  3. Time Bandit

Time Bandit New Member

Reputations:
    clip or it didn't happen

4. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. BudBudha

BudBudha Active Member

Reputations:
  6. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BOR must be short form Boring. :dadance:

7. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's been on every Thursday for the past few weeks, though if Robin catches wind of this who knows if it lives to see another.
    Its essentially the wrap up show without the yes-men and dull-as-shit Hein.

8. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    duh-lete.

9. Time Bandit

Time Bandit New Member

Reputations:
    downloading now

10. BudBudha

BudBudha Active Member

Reputations:
    I'll check it out. There will be hell to pay for Wednesday's wrap up show. Finally those dopes spoke their mind.

11. Time Bandit

Time Bandit New Member

Reputations:
    it was at 12:40...anybody on the phone that early could be calling from bed..
    it was a descriptive statement by jason not factual.
    the live audio is accurate, the transcript can be misconstrued

12. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    We listening to the same audio? He definitely punctuates "FROM HER BED, and her apartment by the way" at exactly 13:38. I *guess?* it could be considered merely descriptive but it doesn't seem like an exaggeration or some random thought, he seems pretty pointed as he's referring to statements she made during the show.

Maybe its nothing, on the other hand if she really is bedridden to the extent she does the show from it, it would explain a lot.

13. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Didn't Lennon and Yoko do an album from bed?

14. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    I think there will be hell to pay for the comments said on this show. I heard it yesterday. There appears to be dissension in the ranks! :hhh:

15. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold Poster Of The Year

Reputations:
    The only real clue is the WUS boys were goofing on Robin.
    They would absolutely not crap on her if she was on deaths door.
    That means she is NOT dieing!
    She is now fat, leaky, lazy, and enjoying pain meds too much.
    :coffee:

16. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    :jj:
    Listen to what Jason says at 34:30 as he replies to Teddy during the Douche of the Week segment.

17. killallposers

killallposers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fixed

18. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or they have no clue how close she is because she tries to act business-as-usual and doesn't let on, acting like she's simply "recovering from surgery" and being homebound is a minor inconvenience. If I had to lay money I'd bet its way more serious than she lets on and very few people know the truth - probably just Howard and her agent, but mostly its out of embarrassment and pride that she doesn't want to be seen of as "doing the show from bed." Can you imagine all the "Robin's Bed ROBINS BED!" song parodies. "I wanna spooge in ROBINS BED" I gotta say though her statement about being all into childish fantasy type movies and tv shows lately -- and if I recall Howard confirmed seeing that crap while he was visiting -- makes me wonder if she isn't revisiting her youth and its tied to her prognosis. Few weeks ago she said something to the effect of "my Tivo thinks I'm a kid because its all nickelodeon now"

We had a family friend die of cancer recently, and the last few months all he really did was watch old black & whites, old shows from his younger days in the 60's and 70's, I guess there was some solace there in the nostalgia of those old shows because suddenly they were important to him and he seemed to escape into them. Whether there's an escapism parallel there with Robin who knows, she may have always had a fascination with childish shows and now she's just getting more of them in, but made me wonder. One man's opinion.

19. Nemo

Reputations:
    Stern wants Quivers back in the studio.
    Robin loves 'working' from home.
    She has Wiggles over a barrel.
    If Stern didn't have Howardtv he would be on an ISDN too.
    I predict Stern will begin to occasionally do (Monday) shows on an ISDN line....:cool:

BTW....the way Howard hides behind a microphone Howardtv could really just insert stock footage of Howard...and you wouldn't even know he is not in studio.

20. Nemo

Reputations:
    I disagree.

21. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    The first real update will involve ESU, EMS, the Jaws of Life, and at least one wall cut off her house when it's time for her to start making book apperances...for that masterpiece of reccomendations of nutritious eating and alternative health adventures. She's achieved the Holy Grail of her alternative medicince quack community: sticking with the shit for so long that no "Western" medicine can do anything for you any longer by the time you crawl into a hospital in agony to get help pissing. Pain meds are Western medicine though, so I'm guessing she's still "off" "Western" medicine now the same way she was still "off" non-dietetic fried French food in her her super duper diet in France. Only downside of her dying would be the next week of the most "boringest" phony tributes with calls from all the worst MAFBs, Bobos, and EFH, throughout the show and its sycophant universe of celebrity superfans acting like she was such a wonderful and amazingly talented person. So my feelings about her dropping dead are truly mixed.