News Another Cop In Trouble For Doing The Job He Was Hired To Do...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Oct 27, 2015.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    Video appears to show South Carolina school officer tossing student onto classroom floor

Published October 27, 2015

A South Carolina school resource officer was placed on paid administrative leave Monday after video surfaced that appeared to show him tossing a female high school student onto the floor of a classroom.

The incident, which appeared to be captured on a student's cell phone, took place at Spring Valley High School in Columbia. It was not immediately clear how recently the video was taken.

The officer, identified by The State newspaper as Richland County Sheriff's Department Senior Deputy Ben Fields, will continue to work at the department during the investigation, but will not perform duties at area schools. The paper reported that Fields was one of two resource officers employed by the school.

The video shows Fields asking a girl to rise from a classroom desk. Another adult is standing nearby. The girl stays seated, so the officer wraps a forearm around the child's neck. The officer then tips the attached chair and desk backward until she spills to the floor. The officer then tosses the girl several feet across the floor to the front of the classroom where Fields ordered her hands behind her back and applied handcuffs.

Sheriff's Department spokesman Lt. Curtis Wilson told The State that prior to the incident depicted in the video, the female student was asked to leave the classroom and refused. She and another male student were arrested for disturbing the peace. The female student was later turned over to her parents.

Wilson added that neither Fields nor the student were injured in the incident.

At a news conference later Monday, the spokesman said Richland County Sherrif Leon Lott had seen the video "and was very disturbed by what he saw. As a matter of fact, he has questions just like everybody else does. He wants answers to those questions. Once he has those, he will address those."

Wilson said the sheriff was out of town at a law enforcement conference Monday and unavailable to answer questions.

"We cannot and will not accept this kind of behavior from any law enforcement officer," Columbia Mayor Steve Benjamin said in a statement, "and I firmly believe that we need an independent investigation to get to the bottom of this incident and see that justice is done."

“There is no justification whatsoever for treating a child like this,” said Victoria Middleton, executive director of the ACLU of South Carolina. “Regardless of the reason for the officer’s actions, such egregious use of force – against young people who are sitting in their classrooms – is outrageous. School should be a place to learn and grow, not a place to be brutalized."

2. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Thanks. I wondered when someone was going to post this. Why can't any of these idiots just come out and say that if the girl had done what she was initially told to do, none of this would have happened.

We're going down the wrong path.

3. IfTheyOnlyKnew

IfTheyOnlyKnew VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Yep, saw this story several times on our local news yesterday. The only thing that went through my mind every time I watched the video is, "What the hell did that bitch do?" There's a reason they wanted her out of the classroom. If you're told to get up and get out, just friggin' DO IT!! She deserved to be treated like an animal, since that's how she wants to act. She probably deserved a beating, too.

4. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

5. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    That should be standard issue for every teacher in the ghetto. Lord knows I wish I had had one on more than one occasion. :rolleye:

Sickboy, GloriaGrace, WHTHS and 9 others like this.
  6. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    and another activist is born! :yay:

watching how outraged the talking heads on msnbc and cnn are is pretty funny. all the hand wringing. :bigcry:

cops are evil, people who fight cops are heros, vote hillary! :grad:

7. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    For Kindergartners ....o_O

:giggle:

8. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    The FBI director confirmed over the weekend that crime has skyrocketed and that it's related to the attacks on the police. ALL the media including the WH is now trying to explain it away.

Fawkesguy, Slow and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  9. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Saw that too. Crime is up between 40 and 50% from a year ago in places like Ferguson and Baltimore - the 2 main places where the officers have been investigated by obama's DOJ. You'd almost think that obama wants to give criminals a pass so they can commit crimes. These are not difficult problems to solve for someone who thinks right. - like Sheriff Dave Clarke of Milwakee.

10. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Oh, honey, you have NO idea..... :facepalm:

Ok, for the most part, they were still just cute little babies in Kdg. But, trust me, some of the those poor things were already feral animals by 5 years old :rolleye:

Can't even blame THEM, it's their POS parents(s). When momma drank and/or did drugs the whole time she was pregnant, couldn't be bothered to give you any real attention as an infant/toddler, provided zero nurturing, started putting Coke and/or Kool-aid in your baby bottle when you were about 6 month old (because it's cheaper than milk or formula)....ugh, I could go on and on and on....what chance do you have? This vicious cycle will never end.

And, actually, JB, I was thinking about the "big kids" we had to interact with while moving about the building. You know, like the 15 year-old 8th graders. :rolleye:

11. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Oops I hit a nerve....:oops:

:umm: :neener:

1Vegasgirl and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  12. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Worse yet, there is no will to have it end - just to keep throwing more money for more programs that don't work.

I take it you are a teacher aka a saint.:)

13. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    :oops: Sorry....
    :rant:

(but, jftr, that's not even the TIP of the iceberg.... :mad: )

14. IfTheyOnlyKnew

Reputations:
    Aw, thanks, Vegas :flowers:

15. face palm

face palm Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    could have just shot the tires out

16. synch22

synch22 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Where's the body slam?
    I was an unruly kid in 5th grade one day Ms Tan...an old Asian teacher, grabbed my arm flung it behind my back and pulled up until I submitted.
    Boy did she work me over. . taught me a lesson and embarrassed me. It was a good thing!
    No one complained I deserved every bit of force that day.
    Thanks teacher!

17. Javaforgotme

Javaforgotme Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Next time when the teacher says, "Pencils Down!" She will put her pencil down.

18. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    Why the fuck would you "make a stand" for something so stupid as vacating a room? I can understand something like Occupy Wall Street, but this? Now another victim. Apparently anyone appalled has never had a teen child or even fucking WAS a teenager themselves. They are stupid, smart ass fucks that deserve AT LEAST this much treatment.

Humongous, WHTHS and IfTheyOnlyKnew like this.
  19. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    As sort of alarming as it is to see some teenager violently removed from a classroom, WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT THE COP TO DO???
    If he has been brought there to arrest/remove this girl from the class, (I'd like to know what she did too) and he asks her nicely to get up and she doesn't, what should he do?
    Ask again, and again? Bribe her? Just throw his hands up and say "sorry, nothing I can do"
    The guy is there to do a job.
    God damn I would never want to be a cop in today's environment

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  20. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The little shit heads will get a lawyer, sue the school and ruin the officers life. Sad, but the officer should have thrown his arms up and left the room. At least he'd still have a job. It's not like much learning was going on in the class anyway.