Politics Another Day: More Lies from Trump - NOT self funded campaign

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Anyonenow, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Trump Continues To Tell Myth That He Is Self-Funding His Campaign
    Trump is soliciting donations on his website and most of the money his campaign has spent recently comes from donations.
    [​IMG]

In last night’s Republican debate, Donald Trump repeated something that he and his campaign have been saying for several weeks: that he is self-funding his campaign.

In fact, most of money Trump’s campaign has spent recently has come from donations.
    “Mr. Trump revealed in a filing Thursday to the Federal Election Commission that the vast majority of the money he raised and spent this summer as he rose to the top of national polls came not from his own coffers, as it had in the spring, but from about $3.7 million in what he called ‘unsolicited contributions,’” read the New York Times on his filing. “Some 74,000 donors pitched in an average of about $50 to help his campaign, he reported.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczy...h-that-he-is-self-funding-his-cam#.jvVP4zAeA2

Dorb, Ving and sumtexan like this.
  2. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    trumpDonate.jpg

oldpaddy likes this.
  3. Boomer

Boomer Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Reputations:
    If he didn't solicit the funds why not spend it? Not like he needs the money.

4. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  6. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    What about the Vets?
    Today is Veterans Day ...No?

Dorb likes this.
  7. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    This is my favorite, his phony pandering to the religious right. It was very special to him, he used it to keep the headboard from banging the wall when he was cheating on his various wives.

image.jpg

skinvy, jimerer, stash and 3 others like this.
  8. potroast

potroast Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He's using a lot of it to pay for his airline travel expenses.
    Of course he owns the airline. :coffee:

9. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    See the Picture posted above your post or his website https://secure.donaldjtrump.com/donations/make-a-donation/

Make a Donation
    Stand With Donald Trump and Make America Great Again

By clicking "Contribute" I certify that the following statements are true and accurate:
    1. This contribution is made from my personal funds and is not drawn on an account maintained by a corporation, labor union, or national bank, and
    2. I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident and this contribution will not be reimbursed by another person.
    $2,700 is the maximum amount an individual may give for the PRIMARY election to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.

$5,400 is the maximum amount a couple may give combined for the PRIMARY election to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. If a joint contribution is made, both individuals must be listed as account holders or both must sign the check.

Contributions to Donald J. Trump for President, Inc are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes.

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc can also take contributions for the general election at this time. An individual may give $5,400 combined for the primary and general elections. A couple may give $10,800 combined for the primary and general elections.

If you prefer to send a check please make payable to:
    Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.
    725 5th Avenue
    New York, NY 10022

Dorb likes this.
  10. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Who are these clowns that donate to multiple millionaires running for president?

MadWoman777, scoobyla and BethSucks like this.
  11. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    "Hey if Solomon had tons of pussy why can't I? I'm way smarter and richer than that guy."

12. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    TeeDonkey and AllAboutHim Ed like this.
  13. JesusTwinsBiggestFan

JesusTwinsBiggestFan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dorb likes this.
  14. Bosch76

Bosch76 2016 Politics POTY Gold

Reputations:
    Same shitheads who give any money at all to any preacher.

Dorb and Ving like this.
  15. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    Not "my" point...News article

He says that HE IS SELF FUNDING
    Yet the MONEY SPENT was NOT his.

All the OTHERS stated they use contributions. They(others) are NOT lying about it..

Dorb likes this.
  16. HowieHasBeen

HowieHasBeen VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    The Donald has the Dems worried.

17. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    AllAboutHim Ed likes this.
  18. CrucifiedAGT

Reputations:
    Nah, it's another fake hit piece. Look at the data. Trump is crushing it in the polls and his contributions are tiny and non special interest based. Everyone else that matters is big money based except Sanders but he is drawing a large number of individual contributions.

The NPR piece refers to him in the "self funded" category along with of all people Chaffee.

Edit: I tried to cut and paste that passage but my Asian slave labor made iPad wouldn't cooperate. Just read if yourself in my post above you lazy liberal.

DiamondGoddess and Fawkesguy like this.
  19. hypo666

hypo666 Well-Known Member

Reputations:

When I look at the crowds at his speeches, I see a real diverse section of people. The kinds who you would think would vote democrat. I don't actually think trump is a conservative in the traditional sense or a lefty, I see him as more of a nationalist, and his policies seem to be a mix of both ideologies.

I don't think he has just the democrats worried but the entire political establishment.

HowieHasBeen and DiamondGoddess like this.
  20. Anyonenow

Reputations:
    Here is an old article from August 25
    Donald Trump's Evolution On Campaign Fundraising
    ...the report also disclosed that Trump had already spent nearly $22,000 on fundraising. It contracted with Newsmax, a conservative website, to raise money by email. Newsmax has similar arrangements with some of the other Republican presidential campaigns.
    The Trump organization also prepared this spring to solicit wealthy donors, through a new superPAC. It's called Make America Great Again.

That phrase is also the Trump campaign's motto. Trump wears a baseball cap embroidered with the phrase — and Trump also owns the trademark on it. He filed the application less than a week after President Obama defeated Republican Mitt Romney in 2012. Trademarking is a slow process; the phrase was finally registered this July.

This summer, Trump has derided other candidates for courting wealthy donors.
    At a town meeting last week in Derry, N.H., he sarcastically listed some of his rivals:

"All of that money that's going to Hillary, and Jeb, and Scott, and Marco and all of them — the people that are putting up that money, it's like puppets."

The superPAC Make America Great Again has yet to file a financial disclosure report. But this weekend, it got a $100,000 contribution; a family friend said it came from Seryl Kushner, whose husband, Charles, is, like Trump, a developer in New York and New Jersey. The couples are longtime friends, and Trump's daughter Ivanka is married to the Kushners' son Jared.

Trump was interviewed Sunday on CBS's Face the Nation, and he allowed that he wants donors. He mentioned a woman who contributed $7.23 and added, "I would even take big contributors, as long as they don't expect anything."

http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallp...mps-evolving-position-on-campaign-fundraising