Another example of what a litigious, stinking pile of shit society we've become

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    AT&T fires exec for sending racist texts and images, faces $100M employee discrimination suit
    BY Nancy Dillon
    NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015, 10:59 PM
    [​IMG] Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images for Variety
    Aaron Slator was fired as AT&T's president of content and advertising sales after employee Knoyme King, 50, accused him and other executives at AT&T of subjecting her to discriminatory behavior.
    Telecom giant AT&T has fired an executive who was sued this week for allegedly using his work cell phone to keep and send racially offensive images.

Aaron Slator was terminated after employee Knoyme King, 50, accused him and other executives at AT&T of subjecting her to discriminatory behavior.

"There is no place for demeaning behavior within AT&T, and we regret the action was not taken earlier," the company said in a statement confirming Slator's dismissal.

The images at issue were found in Slator's possession when he asked an assistant to transfer data from an old phone to a new one, the lawsuit said.

One of the images depicted an African child dancing with the racist caption "It's Friday N----s," the lawsuit said.

According to the lawsuit, Slator once sent the image in a text describing it as "an oldie but a goodie."

"Slator harbors obvious and deep-seated racial animus toward African Americans," the lawsuit obtained by the Daily News said. "Slator's decisions regarding hiring, firing, promotions and raises are infected by his racism."

The suit, filed Monday in Los Angeles County Superior Court, names multiple defendants including Slator, company CEO Randall Stephenson, other executives at the company's Los Angeles office and board member Joyce Roche.

[​IMG] Tim Boyle/Getty Images
    According to the lawsuit, Knoyme King, who is African American, was passed over for promotions and given unfair pay at AT&T because of her race and age.
    King's lawyer Louis (Skip) Miller said Tuesday that Slator's termination will not affect the lawsuit moving forward.

"If anything, it's an admission of liability. It proves we're right, that it all happened," Miller told The News.

He said the lawsuit is bigger than one image or one executive.

"The issues in this case are age, race and gender discrimination, and they don't stop with Aaron Slator. These images and issues were reported a year and a half ago, and the company swept them under the rug," Miller said.

He called King a "very nice lady" who spent 30 years building a career at AT&T and deserved better.

According to the lawsuit, King, who is African American, was passed over for promotions and given unfair pay because of her race and age.

"She's a very down to earth, earnest, hard-working and loyal woman," Miller said of King. "And she thought she'd have a career where she could move up. She never had a chance."

IfTheyOnlyKnew and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  2. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
  3. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    It only takes a few good judges to shut this crap down.

4. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There aren't any

Beths Arab, Limo Wreck and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  5. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why can't we cut the bullshit and give every person that's even remotely black a million dollars at birth. It's the only way to make things right.

NyMarkNy, Limo Wreck and RenchFries like this.
  6. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If she hasn't moved up in 30 years, it has to do with her qualifications (or lack of), and not some dumb text.

7. MrWarmth

MrWarmth ADORABLE DEPLORABLE Gold

Reputations:
    And her stupid name

IfTheyOnlyKnew and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  8. ApeFace

ApeFace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That always amuses me too. The thought of evil white men behind closed doors talking about what to do with this woman for 30 years. "Yes, she's smart and loyal and all of that, but she's black. We must oppress her by employing her for three decades. I don't care that she could be an asset to our company. She's black. We must keep her down". All the evil white men have a good laugh as they make Reggie jokes.
    Or is it possible somebody hired this woman in the 80's to add diversity and she hasn't done a thing since. Let's all pretend like we don't know it's all but impossible to fire a black woman without building a fucking dossier on her. Maybe she should have sued after 15 years there with no promotion. Or 20. Not waiting a lifetime to say, "by the way, you racists screwed me this whole time, now pay me."

9. Ashbeard

Ashbeard Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I get this sent to me at least one Friday a month from other guys in the construction industry. Who can I sue?

10. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Holy shit. THAT is a &100 million offense now?

11. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do I have this right? She was never sent any off these offensive stuff but the person who did work on his phone saw it and told her about it? Sorry haven't had my coffee yet if I'm wrong...

12. Limo Wreck

Limo Wreck Aboard the great mothership Staff Member

Reputations:
    I see blacks send this to each other on facebook about twice a month. I would also like to be pointed in the direction of a free handout.

13. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    we've already lost....there will never be another republican president to pick federal and supreme court judges. we've lost the demographic war.

14. they're at it again

they're at it again Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:

This was O'Muslim's plan from day one

15. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    newsflash for morons: everything you write- no matter where- with your name next to it can end up in the newspapers. got something shitty or off-color to say? pick up the telephone

16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    It looks like nobody from Dawgs will ever be a President at ATT now.

17. joe361

joe361 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I could think of a few organizations that some members could be president of.

18. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Birth is too early. Gotta wait till they are old enough to throw dice.

IfTheyOnlyKnew and Beths Arab like this.
  19. PSU Shower Room

PSU Shower Room Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    he deserves to be fired for his pure stupidity. does he not understand how his product and service work? I'm all for freedom of speech, but that's just pure idocy. it was his work cell phone. They have him by the balls.

scoobyla and Beths Arab like this.
  20. Beths Arab

Beths Arab Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    :artiejj: