Another high quality advertiser associated with the most honest man in show business.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mr Pink, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Surprise surprise, turns out this advertiser is a rip-off (as are many/most who advertise on Stern).

The employees of the fantasy sports sites were prohibited from betting on their own site but not from betting on other sites. Some of them made millions on betting with inside info courtesy of their buddies at other sites.

Thanks for turning us on to these services Howard.

http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-...-fanduel-draftkings-hit-class-action-lawsuit/

-----------------

Fantasy sports companies FanDuel and DraftKings are faced with a class action lawsuit alleging their employees used insider information to play on competitor sites, therefore stacking the odds against average players.

Plaintiff Adam Johnson filed the class action lawsuit after he deposited $100 to play on the DraftKings website. He later found out that employees with knowledge of internal data were winning large amounts of money on other Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) websites, acting in collusion with each other.

The fantasy sports class action lawsuit is the first to be filed following an admission by DraftKings employee Ethan Haskall inadvertently leaking private information on contests before the lineups were locked, and in that same week he won $350,000 on competitor FanDuel’s fantasy football competition.

Both companies issued statements that their employees were not allowed to play on their own websites. What they failed to disclose is that their employees were not banned from playing other similar websites and compromised the integrity of the whole operation.

Unlike their season-long counterparts, Daily Fantasy Sports websites allow players to participate in daily competitions in fantasy sports games. Players accumulate points based on the real-life statistics of professional sports players and can play for free or can pay to be eligible to compete for cash prizes.

Statistics showed that in DFS tournaments, 91 percent of all profits were won by 1.3 percent of players, according to data analyzed by Sports Business Daily. Because there is some level of skill involved, DFS is not considered gambling. The gaming tends to favor analytical players who like to research data and trends to forecast their fantasy players’ performance.

DraftKings and FanDuel keep huge amounts of data and information including analytics on winning strategies, return on investment and more that has been complied over years. They keep this information private but understand that those who win the most in the tournaments have figured out many of these strategies on their own. This same information, however, was allegedly used by employees as they played on competitor websites, according to the class action lawsuit.

The fantasy football class action lawsuit alleges that employees of DraftKings have won $6 million playing on FanDuel over the few years they have been in existence which amounts to more than $1 million per year. For some DraftKings employees, their winnings on FanDuel have reportedly surpassed their actual salaries.

Johnson’s class action lawsuit brings forth counts of negligence, fraud and misrepresentation, violation of Kentucky Consumer Protection Act, Civil Conspiracy, violations of the New York Deceptive Acts and Practices Law and New York False Advertising Law and unjust enrichment.

“These material misrepresentations and omissions fraudulently induced plaintiff and the proposed classes to give defendants money, which ultimately went to defendants and their employees through fees and contest prizes,” the fantasy sports class action lawsuit says.

While DraftKings’ Terms of Use agreement contains a provision for arbitration, Johnson argues the contract is not valid or enforceable and refers to the promises made by DraftKings as “illusory.”

The plaintiff is being represented by Jasper D. Ward IV and Alex C. Davis of Jones Ward PLC and Paul C. Whalen.

The DraftKings, FanDuel Class Action Lawsuit is Johnson v. FanDuel Inc., et al,Case No. 1:15-cv-07963, in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.

2. rahboni

rahboni Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    BTLS pumps the shit out of FanDuel as well, so there you go...
    :rolleye2:

3. joemama

joemama Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    These people have no insider access or information. This is just now the media and soon after the government going after two betting sites. This is a joke and a big fuck you to millions of people who use those sites daily.

4. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Next you're going to tell me Howard really doesn't wear Tommy John underwear.

5. Vinegarette

Vinegarette Don't Believe What You Hear

Reputations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. Wiggy

Wiggy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Or shits on a squatty potty.

reno likes this.
  7. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    "Robin, Beth and I met on Ashley Madison. She cheated on everyone she dated you know."

8. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I don't think either company had a policy that said customers couldn't be employed by other fantasy league companies.
    I don't even think they had employee policies that said you couldn't play on other websites, just that you couldn't play on the company website.
    These policies may have been put in place after this scandal broke.
    I don't see how this lawsuit holds up. It's supposed to be a game of skill not gambling. The collusion aspect amoung employees from other companies is the only way this lawsuit holds up. It will be hard to prove if they all stick together, alla Jordan Belfort corruption case, because individually they broke no law or even company policy.
    Regardless, they are opened up now for a shitstorm of regulator scrutiny and bribing.

9. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well, collusion is illegal in many cases, especially if they can prove customers were damaged as a result.

10. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    when you are willing to spend $200 million in advertising, everyone will be pumping you.

According to iSpot.tv, an analytics service that tracks televised advertising campaigns, DraftKings and FanDuel have combined to spend $205.9 million on ads airing nationally across both network and cable from the beginning of the year until Oct. 5. That's when the New York Times broke news on the insider trading allegations.

There Have Been More Than 60,000 DraftKings And FanDuel Commercials This Year
    http://deadspin.com/there-have-been-more-than-60-000-draftkings-and-fanduel-1735516470

funnymoney likes this.
  11. BrulesRules

BrulesRules Just grab 'em in the biscuits Gold

Reputations:
    You knew the government would step in eventually just like they did against the poker sites. All the ads 24/7 for these sites made them way too visible to the government who obviously wants their share of the pie. They will be shut down before long I'm guessing.

12. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    I guess I should cash out the $10 I won playing in a free game on FanDuel 2yrs ago. They gonna be shuttered soon. Hopefully the TV networks get money up front for advertising, not on 30 or 90 days, or else they going to be out a lot of money.

13. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    I know nothing about sports gambling so can someone please explain how an employee could possibly cheat? what inside information would they need to know?
    how could they know who will win or lose a game? isn't that what these bets are all about?
    or are they fixing the games with professional teams for money? this all confuses me much like how TV ratings for AGT work Hahaha

14. funnymoney

funnymoney Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This is the death knell of both companies. I don't even know if they'll make it through the rest of the season. Gubmint seizure and shutdown of all company servers coming soon if I had to guess, I don't know how they made it this long since online poker was given the boot.

15. funnymoney

Reputations:
    That's what I want to know, too. Both sites are primarily weekly fantasy football services with money on the line. You set your fantasy line up - quarterback, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, etc, and the fantasy players make points based on each real life NFL player's game statistics that week. The person drafts their "team" based on salaries for each player and you have a certain amount of virtual money to spend. Touchdowns, yards gained, etc. generate more points for a person's team. The person on FanDuel/Draft Kings makes money if their players have the best stats (most points) compared to other people's teams.

But, employees of one company got some inside information from the other company and made tens of thousands in one week. Stinks to me. I have had no idea how such a thing has been legal and considered a skills game when Texas Hold 'Em Poker was banned.

16. funnymoney

Reputations:
    Continued -- if I had to guess, they might have had inside information about who was the best value in the weekly draft and picked those players because the company sets each players "salary." They were able to stack their teams. I'm not completely sure, but I'm sure there's an investigation coming.

Divorce Chicken likes this.
  17. tao guru

tao guru New Member

Reputations:
  18. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The worst are those financial, investing ones. Anyone plugging their book is fucking annoying.

"I've been so broke, i've had my power cut off nine times!!!!"...and goes off on how easy it would be to make money in real estate. Other god awful one is the investor dick talking how he saw an old man pushing a row of shopping carts in the rain.

Mr Pink likes this.
  19. JerseySlim

JerseySlim Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, but she had good reasons each time

20. aerostern

aerostern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Of course they do! They can see what players people are choosing!