Another "I cancelled my subscription today" thread

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Kickenwing, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Kickenwing

Kickenwing Member

Reputations:
    I'm drunk, lets just get that out of the way. So I cancelled my Sirius Canada sub today and uninstalled the radio from my car. I called and waited on hold for around 10 minutes. A lady picked up and I told her I didn't want to renew my sub in May. She asked why and I said I liked the service but I don't want in anymore. In hindsight I should have said that Howard wasn't on the air enough (the real reason I was cancelling) but I just wanted to move the process along as quickly as possible.

She offered me a year and half price but I still said no. At that point she asked said something like, "So there is nothing we can offer you to make you stay with our service?". Which lead me to think that I may be able to ask for a better price, but I said no since I genuinely wanted out of the service.

I had best buy remove the radio for free and had them install an ipod/mp3 adapter in my car. FM transmitters never worked in my car so this is what I needed, they did a good job, it looks great. I'll still be able to listen to the show and that's all I'm gonna say. I'll miss the other sirius programming though but I won't miss the bill.

2. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thank you for sharing.

3. Kickenwing

Kickenwing Member

Reputations:
    I mostly wanted to share the part about the half price deal they offered. I always find that part interesting. Definitely not the best deal I've heard though but I think Sirius Canada isn't as desperate as regular SiriusXM.

4. NiggalissCage

NiggalissCage Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard told us all to cancel several times. I took his advice the first time he floated the idea.

5. Feltspot

Feltspot Well-Known Member

Reputations:

They will still rebill your credit card too!!
    Went through the same thing and they did it anyways?

Did you get a cancel number?

These fucks will renew you, just wait and see and you thought you won the deal and got away..

You cant leave them..

Oh the horror