Another Radar Online Article About Hypocrite Howard Stern ...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ExBSEmployer, Jun 25, 2013.

1. ExBSEmployer

ExBSEmployer Member

Reputations:
    http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/06/howard-stern-defends-paula-deen-racism/

Anyone have any more great examples besides those posted in this thread (http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/75178-quot-I-ve-never-used-racial-slurs-quot ) that we can flood the Radar comments with?

Here is today's complete Radar Online article:

Howard Stern Defends Paula Deen: ‘Why Is She Losing Her Job?’

Howard Stern has made a living off of his shocking opinions, but his latest might be the most jaw-dropping yet. During his radio show Monday, Howard launched a long monologue defending Paula Deen’s use of the ‘N’ word, even asking, “Why is she losing her job?”

“I have never used racial slurs in my personal life,” Howard said.

“It was something in my family that we didn’t do. But I know white people and I know black people … racial slurs were thrown around by every racial group. I mean, are we really gonna say that if someone takes the stand and admits to using the ‘N’ word and is being honest … I’m just wondering... Why is she losing her job?”

“I mean, I guess she said the ‘N’ word,” he continued. “A thousand years from now, archaeologists are not going to even know what the ‘N’ word means."

Howard then proceeded to play — and mock — the insincere video apologies Paula released on Friday.

He also played her 2012 interview with the New York Times, in which she said her black friend was darker than a blackboard.

Clearly shocked, Howard then appeared to mend his ways a bit, saying that Paula was so racist, she should open up for comic Lisa Lampanelli, who said in February that she wouldn’t stop using the ‘N’ word in her act.

“I’ve played every comedy club and every theatre across the country for the last 25 years and seen a lot of audience members from different ethnic persuasions,” Lisa said at the time. “I have been using these words since I started in comedy and guess what, people? I won’t stop anytime soon, just because your a** is up on Twitter. I have always used in my act every racial slur there is for Asians, blacks, gays, and Hispanics. To me, it’s acceptable if the joke is funny and if it is said in a context of no hate.”"

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  2. 922Wine

922Wine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, I'm sure "Shvartze" (Sp?) isn't essentially the same as saying "Reggie." I'm sure it was never used in a derogatory way in the Stern household.

Edit: How many times has Howard questioned people who said they wanted to work with Mel Gibson? Maybe people don't want to work with Deen after this. I mean I don't give a shit one way or the other, but as usual, Howard's a hypocritical douchebag when it comes to the targets of epithets.

3. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Beth recently told me that Howard doesn't use racial slurs in his personal life.

At least I think that's what she was saying while I was finishing on her face.

4. cbeefyt

cbeefyt Member

Reputations:
    He just blew off his other foot! Someone needs to tell him what's up, soon... :facepalm:

5. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Howard uses racial slurs to describe Christians to this day . . . :facepalm:

6. ExBSEmployer

ExBSEmployer Member

Reputations:
    Radar Online Comments So Far (Mainly Focusing on Paula and not Howard):

Sarah2 hours ago
    Getting fired from your job over something you said in 1986 is ridiculous no matter how you look at it. People grow up and become more enlightened, societies change. If your boss had access to every single thing you ever said in your entire life, no one would be employed.

Lizzie123456783 hours ago
    I TOTALLY SUPPORT PAUL DEAN!!! Bye, bye to Food Network, as far as I'm concerned & that other DUMB ASS company that dropped PAULA DEAN!!!!! PAULA DEAN WILL COME FINE!!!! WHY can blacks call WHITES anything they want & they get away w/ it, but GOD FORBID visa versa, BULL CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffany3333 Lizzie123456783 hours ago
    Martha Stewart came back and so did Michael Vick, so why is this any different. Food Network is the one probably coming out in the bottom because they jumped on this and fired her as though they or anyone on their network are without fault.

MissKnownUnknown Lizzie123456783 hours ago
    You do know the American history, right? Please enlighten me how white people has suffered by the hand of black people. Black people have been called names for too long, and you think it's right for her to keep doing so? You're just as ignorant as Paula. And I applaud the companies that dropped her like a hot potatoe. Good riddance.

forthelovelofodd MissKnownUnknown3 hours ago
    It's good riddance

MissKnownUnknown forthelovelofodd2 hours ago
    Thanks for the correction, English is not my first language :)

YouBetterBelieveItBabe MissKnownUnknown2 hours ago
    But you know American history? I was once out of town and pumping gas in an area where there happened to be several black people hanging around. I bet I heard 5 people refer to me as a cracker in a span of 6 minutes. I said nothing and just went about my business.

Cherisa Crewe Lizzie12345678an hour ago
    Ah have you seen roots or read a history book I know it's 2013 but THERE IS SUCH A THING AS MORALS AND RESPECTING A DEPLORABLE ACT in history as slavery by joking or even rationalizing how a hate filled word can be used justly is the very hypocritical thinking that broke about slavery.

ShaBerry14 Lizzie123456783 hours ago
    You sound ridiculous. If you haven't noticed, "blacks" can't do anything without being overly scrutinized. Even in everyday situations. So Paula used a racial slur and will be scrutinized just like us "blacks".

YouBetterBelieveItBabe ShaBerry142 hours ago
    Overly scrutinized how? Please explain.

Elizabeth Aspen Lizzie123456782 hours ago
    You're probably another Southern kracker just like Deen is, that's why you support her. She should have been fired years ago when she was hiding diabetes and pushing that junk food on the public. And PS? You're obviously a nutjob with all the endless exclamation points. I mean, seriously, grow the F up. People are laughing at you.

Baby Doll2 hours ago
    if she loses her job over the N wor so should every rapper that uses it, what is fair is fair........

Tracy She'saBrikhouse3 hours ago
    I have many black friends and the whiteness of my skin has been compared to many things as a joke with out offense, so why is it that a black man compared to a chalkboard is racist? Even when I saw the video I cringed at her saying it, it sounded bad, but if it was turned around would I have felt the same? I guess we just never know the relationship between 2 people. Maybe he makes jokes about her being as white as Casper the ghost and that is just their relationship.....but to out side people, because there is such history, it's racist towards blacks. White people DO NOT hold the monopoly on being racist. I live in a place where the population is about 40% asian and I tell you they can be just as bad as folks think white people are. Every race has it's good and bad people but double standards need to stop, but I know they won't. Just because you have been done wrong in the past doesn't make it right or somehow equal to insult someone back, it only makes you just as bad and makes the worlds a worse place to live. And that goes for everything from personal attacks to people who cut you off in traffic. It;s time to grow up.

MissKnownUnknown Tracy She'saBrikhouse2 hours ago
    Yeah it's time for Paula to grow up. You can find rasicm in every culture. The Indians discriminate their own people for being dark skinned or from a lower class. Gypsies in Europe are still being discriminated by other white Europeans. And I'm sure some Asians look down upon other Asians. That's not the point here, this is about Paula and her structural way of thinking. I think she's only sorry because you know, karma.

I'm not that sensitive when it comes to jokes about race. Standup comedy is mainly based on stereotypes, and people use humor to point out those differences. Most of the time it's true and funny :) But Paula was doing more than just jokes. It was the way she treated her black employees. A big difference. And that is not ok.

Can you imagine being treated different at work by your boss just because the way you look? Like a lesser person? And with a long, long history of oppression towards your look? Just think about that for a sec.

7. ExBSEmployer

ExBSEmployer Member

Reputations:
    More Radar Online Comments In Case You're Interested:

Tracy She'saBrikhouse MissKnownUnknownan hour ago
    Yes you can find racism in every culture.....and yes that is not the point, and I was not trying to make that the point. I was solely talking about the video when she was talking with the NY Times and that we do not know their relationship. Yes I can imagine being treated differently at work for the way I look because it has happened, but again, I was just speaking on the video and their friendship.

Elizabeth Aspen Tracy She'saBrikhouse2 hours ago
    White people have no reason to complain EVER, and I'm white and saying this.

lynn Elizabeth Aspenan hour ago
    Yeah in tn 2 white kids was raped and tormented for days by racists black people. "No white person should complain" :/???? Hmmm it was a hate crime but the media didn't touch it because of people like you.

Tracy She'saBrikhouse Elizabeth Aspenan hour ago
    give me a break.

Up the Coast2 hours ago
    So what's the message? She should have lied?

YouBetterBelieveItBabe2 hours ago
    Sheryl Underwood retweeted a comment last night that said Paula's punishment should be to have to be a maid for a black family. How is this not a racist remark? If a white person said that ( that a black person's punishment should be as a maid for a white family ), there would be an uproar!

I wish I had a dollar for every time Sheryl said, "You white people...." The way she uses the phrase always has racial undertones, but nobody ever calls her out. And please don't tell me Sheryl has never ever used the words cracker or honky in her life. At her age, no way she hasn't said it at some point in her life.

And Howard Stern...please don't act like you are above everyone because you've never used the N word. You are trashy and pathetic and low class.

Sami7132 hours ago
    People are blowing this out of proportion and making this into a witch hunt. The way people are hating on her makes them no better.

hm2 hours ago
    Why did Mel Gibson lose his job. Why did that guy from Kramer lose his job. All racist words. Thats why.

Elizabeth Aspen2 hours ago
    The Food Network should have fired her a long time ago when it was discovered she was hiding her diabetes for three years while she shopped around for an insulin endorsement deal. That horsesh!t "food" of hers is probably responsible for a few million new cases of diabetes now.

Sarah Elizabeth Aspen2 hours ago
    I made her fried chicken this weekend and LOVED every bite of it!

Elizabeth Aspen2 hours ago
    I'm listening to Howard's Paula Deen commentary right now. He says that Mel Gibson just offered to hire her as his personal chef. Love it!

Benjy25 minutes ago
    Hypocrite Howard Stern may have “never used the n word in his personal life,” but he’s done it PLENTY of times in his professional life. Remember him wearing “black face” on the old Channel 9 show and making fun of Ted Danson for dating Whoopi Goldberg? He dropped plenty of n-bombs during that episode… Or what about the radio clip when Howard discussed n*gg*r-hating hats? Do some searching on You Tube and you’ll find evidence of both… I have the URLs, but Radar Online's moderators won’t let me post either of them for some reason… You can also visit Dawg Saloon on the web to find TONS of Howie hypocrisy examples... As Stern admitted on that TV show America's Got Talent a couple weeks ago, he's "a compulsive liar" (his words, not mine).

MissKnownUnknown3 hours ago
    Just looking for some extra attention. Controversial bla bla bla. If it was a one time thing, I would say whatever. We are all humans and we all say things that can be hurtful, BUT this is/was a way of thinking for Paula and family. This went on for years and expressed itself in many ways. Not just words, but also in her actions.
    Paula thought she could treat black people like secondary human beings, just because she's from the South and was raised that way. Well, wake up call missy! This is 2013, there is no place for that kind of foolery anymore.

disqus_fULUxtBlLb MissKnownUnknown3 hours ago
    what is wrong with you people she talked about all people (number 1 was jews (2 rednecks (3 blacks (4 hispanics ( 5 asians and as she said many others where is the out rage from jews & others .. 1985 this is 2013 court date 6/24/13 deposition and people in the south call paula a redneck (ok)

Pequalife disqus_fULUxtBlLb2 hours ago
    One would think there should be some kind of statute of limitations when you can sue. 28 years later is ridiculous.

dizzylucy21 minutes ago
    I think this is the risk you take when you get a lucrative sponsorship deal, or any other kind of job that's very much in the public eye- if something happens that they don't like and feel it reflects poorly on their company, they're going to dump you. She still has her own private businesses, but a big corporation is going to want to cover their own butt. This is nothing new, I don't know why he is surprised by it

8. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i'm glad she said the word, because her show's been replaced with giada. she may be a fidget with a big t-rex head and little t-rex arms, but she's fucking hot. those jugs are amazing. thank you paula deen.

[​IMG]

9. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dumb Southern Red Neck Christians don't count :facepalm:

10. SleepingWarrior

SleepingWarrior Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    She knows what brings in the viewers

11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    This.

12. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The Stern's never used any of the various secretive "jewish" words for black people?

Also...they didn't decide to move out of Roosevelt way back when because it was quickly becoming a "whiter" and better neighborhood.

13. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I believe Howard's childhood tapes were dubbed to silent his annoyance toward's Ben.

[video=youtube;A0LiYT1tXhA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LiYT1tXhA[/video]

14. jedimindtricks

jedimindtricks Member

Reputations:
  15. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Needs implants.

16. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    That's shopped.

[video=youtube;kl_vd1k9ztI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl_vd1k9ztI[/video]

This isn't: http://img170.imagevenue.com/img.ph...my_awards_in_beverly_hills_ 02_122_180lo.jpg

People forget: Howard used to tell African (legal) immigrants to go back to Africa and ask if they have ever killed a zebra with a spear or eaten any white people. Same with Hispanics who called in.

In high school, my friends would listen to the show on a radio outside of the school before class started. We'd have to lower that shit if we saw black kids walking by. Howard, in the 90s, was THE most racist entertainer anybody could find. Nobody else came close.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  17. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    And Robin used to call him on his shit and I even remember one time where she blew up on him.

I guess she got a Shut the Fuck Up Payday.

18. 14chimneys

14chimneys Member

Reputations:
    Wouldnt you think promoting "black face" comedy isnt the best idea if your not a racist at all...

Outside of that you can hear just the questions he asked to black guests on the show were stereotypes. The guy has thought that EVERY black person is like those poor people he grew up with in high school.

19. Mr Vengeance

Mr Vengeance Ladies love cool V. VIP

Reputations:
    You mean the same Howard who always goofed on the "blackness" of the skin of people like Wesley Snipes and Seal?

That Howard?

20. DaBUU

DaBUU Active Member

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;xT3yjAyOCrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3yjAyOCrA[/video]