Another Rare Loss For The Gay Mafia!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, May 16, 2014.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:

SunTrust Reverses Decision On Conservative Benham Brothers

Posted By Alex Pappas
    On 5:11 PM 05/16/2014 In

[​IMG]

After an uproar from conservative customers, SunTrust Banks announced Friday afternoon that the decision to end its relationship with real estate entrepreneurs David and Jason Benham had been reversed.

Earlier Friday, The Daily Caller reported that SunTrust Banks had pulled all of its listed properties with the Benham brothers’ bank-owned property business.
    The move came just a week after HGTV announced it was canceling a planned home renovation show hosted by the Benhams because of their conservative views on abortion and gay marriage.
    By Friday afternoon, SunTrust released a statement saying the decision had been reversed. The bank didn’t go into detail about why they originally cut ties with the Benham brothers, though SunTrust said the decision was made by a third party vendor. TheDC reported earlier Friday that the vendor had told a Benham Brothers franchisee that the bank itself made the decision.
    “We clarified our policies with our vendor and they have reinstated the listings with Benham Real Estate,†SunTrust spokeswoman Beth McKenna said.
    “Mid-2013, we consolidated the management of certain residential assets with a third party vendor, which has the relationship with Benham Real Estate,†McKenna added. “While we do not publicly comment on specific vendor relationships, we don’t make choices on suppliers nor base business decisions on political factors, nor do we direct our third party vendors to do so.â€
    Added McKenna: “SunTrust supports the rights of all Americans to fully exercise their freedoms granted under the Constitution, including those with respect to free speech and freedom of religion.â€
    After publication of TheDC’s story earlier Friday, conservatives expressed outrage at the bank.
    “SunTrust Banks appears to have punished David and Jason Benham by taking action against their business purely based on their Christian beliefs,†said Chris Stone, the founder of Faith Driven Consumer. “This sends a loud and clear message to people of faith in America, you’re not welcome at SunTrust, take your usiness somewhere else.â€

2. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Fags are butthurt over this one.

3. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    I see what you did there...:lmao:

4. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    im supposed to believe these guys arent gay?

5. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
  6. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Wow... Sun trust should be boycotted for pulling the properties in the first place. It's now a crime to have an opinion? Holy fuck.

7. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Agreed. I'm going to open an account there just so I can close it in protest.

8. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like these guys and think their opinions are fine, but what if you had the opinion your boss(or your client) is dumb and his wife is a fat pig? should you publicly state it., or you are a PC liberal, or do you just think its wise to keep some opinions to yourself?
    What you had a sales rep who opinions insulted 1/2 your customers, and another sales rep who opinions insulted the other 1/2. would u just settle for no customers and close the corp and get a paper route?

9. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Not to mention a violation of speech freedoms would involve some kind of jail time or capital punishment ya octogenarian psychopaths.

The same notion that when you're not the boss of the company you better plaster a fake smile & bend over. Gold -> Rules.

10. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    while i disagree with their positions on abortion and same sex marriages, openly cancelling the business because of their stated views is a total violation of the bank's feduciary responsibilities to its shareholders.

i dont think it is a free speech matter because the bank has no legal requirement to enforce free speech in its business transactions (the govt does, but private businesses do not), plus it does not sound like any labor laws were violated because the Benham brothers were never employed by the bank.

11. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
  12. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Totally agree, it iirc, someone "found out" about something they said/did in the past. They didn't just blurt out the item once they got the show. Even then, if you're dumb enough to say something that will tick off your boss, you deserve the consequences. If he fires you, or gives you the shit jobs to do, that's one thing. If, afterward, he stalks you preventing you from getting a job elsewhere, starts putting up flyers in your neighborhood, or launches an advertising campaign among his office about how much of a douche you we're is something completely different.

I have no problem with these guys losing their show. I do have a problem with the bank being pressured to cancel their accounts. If the bank acted on its own, it deserves to be boycotted. If a group (i.e. Sharpton) is pressuring the bank to drop the brothers (as sharp ton is undoubtedly doing to the nba right now), that group should be exposed and severely punished.

13. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I agree, but they knew he said it for years and didn't care. only when it went public and put them in financial jeopardy did they care. same as the sterling thing.
    I agree with that too, but groups(i.e. rush) on both sides pressure companies. it's sad that well meaning people that care about an issue(on either side), always seem to get their ideas hi-jacked by people/groups who just use it for their own gain of money/power/agenda, which ends up hampering the original idea.

14. jimerer

jimerer Active Member

Reputations:
    It's not a crime, but you shouldn't have to do business with homo phobics if you don't want to.

15. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    should you have to do business with gay people if you don't want to?

16. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    this

If it is a privately owned business that does not receive public funds, imo, they shouldn't have to do business with anyone they don't want to.
    Nor should they have to ban smoking in their establishment.

17. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    So they should be able to deny blacks?

18. Chibbs

Chibbs Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a trick question.

Everyone knows that the majority of blacks have no money and are on the dole.

19. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    good question. i'm beginning to think that all of this forcing people on each other is actually making things worse :dontknow:

20. nearly.normal

nearly.normal Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yup

It's obviously not going to work out for them but if they really want to go down that road, sure.

Business success should be decided at the cash register, not in the court of public opinion.