Another Sirius Firing

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Lou Cypher, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    There were a couple of shows that I'd flip to when I occasionally still turned on my radio and Howard was boring (which was every time I turned on the radio). Rosie's sidekick, Janette Barber got fired weeks ago, so that was out. I turned on "Broadminded" yesterday, a yappy chick program that was tolerable because they had a lot of energy, decent topics, interesting guests and they obviously give a damn about their show. Well, they were saying good-bye because the show got canned and they all got fired.

They'd been there for 7 1/2 years. They had decent ratings (according to them). I didn't hear the reason for the firing, but another one bites the dust. It made me particularly angry because I changed over to their show when Howard was yammering like an old grandpa, leaving dead air, sniffling like he had a head full of snot and just generally being boring, dull and lazy. But lets keep overpaying him and toss the younger and more enthusiastic hosts to the curb.

Assholes.

2. eliasbboy

eliasbboy Insert Witty Title Here Staff Member

Reputations:
    "Assholes" is an understatement.

Everyday it get harder and harder for me to justify my subscription.:facepalm:

3. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    Maybe Howard and Tim can get those yappy broads to do a show on H101 for plugs.

4. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    I'm not renewing when mine's up. I can't justify it anymore.

5. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Shit!! That's too bad.......I listened to the "Broads" Replays on Sunday mornings.............

6. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    :jj: Yeah, because no one needs to make a living except Howard.

7. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    Ah, someone knows who I'm talking about! I thought I was alone.

8. Atomic Wedgie

Reputations:
    I still like listening to O&A, Ellis on occasion, and Frank DeCaro. As soon as O&A jump ship I'm done.

9. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    I'm pretty much down to listening to music channels, but I could do that with my iPod or a regular radio. I've been trying the new Pete Dominick show, but I could take it or leave it.

10. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I've never listened to the show that you're referring to OP...but over the years I have noticed a lot of programming that they've buried or got rid of without notice.

11. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...npr. our station plays great jazz, i can get 101 for free but i couldnt see paying for it 18 months into howards 1st contract and got his payday and quit putting effort into the show. instead he wants to get paid for taped replays. ridic. i bailed out of paying sirius a long time ago.

12. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    no more Martha channel either, now she's just on Stars

13. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    ...and I liked those broads

14. Atomic Wedgie

Reputations:
    The music channels don't do it for me, I'll switch up between six of them and I always seem to be hearing the same 50 songs. I did hear a song from an old British metal band called tank the other day on the boneyard and I was blown away anybody at Sirius had the taste to play it.

The only time I listen to Sirius is on the way into work.

15. DearLawd

DearLawd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think that at the time Sirius hired Howard, the lawyers cemented many ridiculous contracts to attract celebrities.

I'm not positive, but I think I read that someone like Whoopi Goldberg was paid a ridiculous sum...full contract amount....even though her show was cancelled.

I've also read that Howard's salary was supposed to cover the budget for his show....but that was NOT outlined in the contract....so all the marbles went in his pocket...and there is no budget for travel, bits, etc.

16. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    They're VERY quiet and quick about it, aren't they? If I hadn't caught the show by chance yesterday, they just would've disappeared.

I was set to give it up, but my husband renewed it automatically for a year without asking me. But that's the last time.

17. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i stream the show (west coast feed) on my phone if i have to run to the store. the shows gotten to an unthinkable low. good bits or incides are few and far between, just once in a while like when mark cuban comes in and unknowingly describes beth to a T while taking about gold diggers. the slams and insults are good cause howchies bubble gets popped. like today jenny macarthy told him his role play shit with beth was "retarded".

18. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    Seriously? I didn't know that! That's kind of major (and clandestine).

Yeah, they were very likable. Fun, silly, serious sometimes and happy to have a show. :(

19. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard said he met with Mr. Myer and seems like a good guy. This can't be good for the other broadcasters on Sirius. I hope Mr Myer isn't meeting Howard's demands.

20. Lou Cypher

Reputations:
    My kids always leave the radio on channel 35 and I can't be bothered changing it sometimes. But I know what you mean - I'd rather to listen to music that I love and choose myself.