Answer Me a Question About the U.S. Postal Service

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by MyLazyHand, Aug 10, 2015.

1. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Howard-related since he mails it in.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/250710-postal-service-logs-586-million-quarterly-loss

Postal Service logs $586 million quarterly loss

By Peter Schroeder - 08/10/15 10:20 AM EDT

The U.S. Postal Service reported a $586 million loss in the third quarter of the year.

The new numbers released Monday show that losses are down significantly, as the Postal Service reported a $2 billion loss during the same time last year. However, the lingering issues pressuring its finances are still in place, as overall mail volume declines in an online world.

[​IMG]

When I complain about the Post Office's losses, some people are quick to point out: "It's not supported by taxpayer money!"

OK, so if the Post Office loses a small fortune every quarter, who is giving them the money to stay afloat?!!!

Of course it is being supported by our tax money. That lie is one of the weakest of all government lies. The USPS has shown nothing but red ink for almost every quarter for the last ten years. Who is covering all of that cash?

2. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Obama should make us pay a 50 cent tax on every email. That will fix everything. :grad:

Skipnoid, ElRexican and smichal like this.
  3. Quality Control

Quality Control dove Gold

Reputations:
    My mailperson is the biggest crackhead on earth and he's made me detest the USPS. I don't care if it's funded by Baphomet or the Junior League of Sioux City , it's time for this organization to get got.

4. HypocriteHowie

HypocriteHowie Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    DuckDong, Gusbuss, juleswheel and 9 others like this.
  5. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Maintaining 6 day a week home delivery is insane in 2015, cut it back and concentrate on package delivery and other higher profit services.

6. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    You think the Republicans were worried about financing health programs for retirees? Sounds like a Democratic plank.

My questions stands: who is giving billions to the USPS so they can keep operating? They have been bleeding money for 10 years now.

Gotta be the US Government.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  7. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    to make the agency insolvent, congress forced USPS to pay pensions at an accelerated pace, initially, the republican congress wanted to drive the union friendly/ quasi government agency out of business, and replace it with private sector businesses

DuckDong, Gusbuss, juleswheel and 6 others like this.
  8. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    wait till they try to save money..

here they are stopping all door to door mail delivery.
    each street is getting a darn supermailbox. It is especially bad in winter (unlit, unshovelled, icy), and too far to walk for seniors, handicapped people, etc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  9. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm for (much) smaller government, but in all honesty, the USPS is probably one of the best run government services that exist. We pay almost nothing for a stamped envelope and can get a letter delivered to ANY address in this country in 1-3 days. It's pretty awesome! I ship priority mail all the time. Their flat rate is about $5 where fedex or ups would almost triple that amount.

Yes, the losses are being subsidized by tax payers. But it's a service that everyone benefits from. And a half billion dollar loss is a tiny drop in the bucket compared to the governments total budget.

In regards to government waste corruption and inefficiency, there are a hundred programs I would look at before even touching the USPS.

10. x76

x76 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The government should provide some service other than murdering brown people in the name of "OUR FREEDUMB" with cruise missiles.

Droog likes this.
  11. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love the USPS. It part of the USA. So fuck the haters. I love getting catalogs and mailing letters. Getting catalogs and ads are great.

12. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    I always think that mail service is one of those things that the government should just suck it up and do.. a basic service of a civilized country.

Trophy Knife, Droog, Gusbuss and 7 others like this.
  13. Skipnoid

Skipnoid Lick Me!

Reputations:
    This! :rolleyeup: ... Best deal you're ever going to get. Period.

14. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

All true but it's not the fault of the USPS. It's congress that won't approve any postage increases or any cuts in the number of post offices or hours. It's a republican manufactured problem like every other problem in Washington.

15. lovetalkradio

lovetalkradio Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There are even complaints on this as well. Not going to see a lot of it.

smichal likes this.
  16. SpankSpangler

SpankSpangler Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In defense of the Post Office Its not entirely their fault..... Its basically become a Government jobs / work program so Laquanda, Lequisha & a million other Reggie rejects can have a Job. Also, can you imagine trying to run a business that has to ask permission from Congress for every major business decision you make? It would be a Fucking Nightmare! Yet this is exactly how the USPS has to operate.

They have tried to reduce service to 5 days a week, close unprofitable locations, and make customers who live in the funking boondocks drive to the post office to pick up their mail so they dont have to send mail carriers a hundred miles to the middle of nowhere to deliver what amounts to $1 worth of postage to each house and congress has said NO!

Given what they have to work with and who they have to work for ( US Congress) I honestly think they do a pretty good job.... Plus its MUCH cheaper then Fed-Ex and UPS for most items.

SillyOldMan likes this.
  17. lovetalkradio

lovetalkradio Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A "republican manufactured problem"? Sounds almost as bad as take-a-bullet-for-the-dems Baba Booey or the Hildabeast.

18. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:

You don't see democrats complaining do you?

19. skylarbrie

skylarbrie VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  20. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Here's another reason Congress never approves any changes to the USPS. Now they are tied to UPS and FedEx, who now offer services that hand off packages to the post office for the last leg of the delivery, saving them those hundred mile trips. You know their lobbyists pay to keep everything the same. It's just more corporate welfare that republicans are so fond of.