Anthony Cumia vows to slam Wigward on his first show!

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by ARM, Aug 1, 2014.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I stumbled on to this podcast called DAVIN'S DEN and he had Anthony Cumia on like two days ago. I gave it a listen and extracted the key Dawg's points in 8 minutes. I think Anthony has some established relationship with these dudes. But I don't know why he's not doing other higher profile promotion??

In it, he promises to hit Wigward and SiriusXM pretty hard on his debut Monday.

2. Anfkid

Anfkid Blue Banner Mafia Staff Member

Reputations:
    i hate O&A but I guess i hate them less these days than wiggy.

Wangold, blindbella, XuXu and 7 others like this.
  3. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Big deal. Hitting Stern and Sirius from a point of complete weakness isn't news. It's barely above posters here ripping on him.

4. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It certainly is a big deal if he has dirt that he wasn't allowed to wield on SiriusXM airwaves, and from what I hear he has alot.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Love em or hate em, they're the only consistent detractors of Wigward who he's actually proven to be afraid of for one reason or another.

bznick, Tish, Wainegro and 3 others like this.
  6. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's also the first I'd heard in that clip Anthony's NOT getting paid till October like Norton and Opie are.

smichal likes this.
  7. Chuck Kongo

Chuck Kongo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Lmfao. What can he or anyone else say about Howard that's more damning than the show Howard's been putting on every day since 2010?

It's also rather sad when getting fired from this place or that every few years or talking about Howard is the only way to get anyone to pay attention to you.....

8. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm sure he'll think of something, that's why we all ended up HERE isn't it?

I don't give a shit what his motives are. I'm not on his payroll, and nor will I subscribe, but if he's willing to dish on Howard I will listen and be very riveted as well as very thankful.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  9. Leaflock

Leaflock Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I would listen but I'm not paying for anyone on the radio when there is so much free stuff out there.

He's a fool going behind a pay wall. Small ball thinking.

10. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I totally agree with that! There's too much other free shit out there more established and better than to PAY for MORE radio on top of what we've already been bilked into. Ant will find out the hard way people just aren't willing to part with their dollar as they were 8/9 years ago for radio.

That said, within a week TOPS people will figure out how to get it for free in video or audio anyway.

XuXu and CatParty like this.
  11. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Who else can that douchebag talk about?
    If the only way he can get people to listen is to talk about stern,he has fail written all over him, pretty much like his career.
    It's not like he's a radio star,if he was he wouldn't have lost his job. Not standing up for stern but just calling it like it is

Mlaw, The Snork and Droog like this.
  12. Leaflock

Leaflock Active Member Banned User

Reputations:

It's the Rush Limbaugh Theorem: give away a good product in all markets for free and watch the fans and ad revenue pour in.

Howard went behind a pay wall when he had 20,000,000 listeners and now he has an Arbitron confirmed less than 300K listeners. He lost 19,700.000 listeners while Rush has grown in audience and pay. Rush's pay make Howard's look like JD's.

It's simple, put out a good product, make it easily available and success will follow.

Carolla followed it.

Ant is an idiot. If it were free, I would listen.

13. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Hope he goes after Wiggy for putting a gag order on them! And I hope he goes after Howard's vanity and looks because that will piss him off to no end.

I'm also dying to know what else has Wiggy done at SXM post-merger.

14. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I like some of Anthony's content but I still remember him and Opie obsessed like two faggots when that shithead Crazy Cabbie claimed he had a sextape of Stern.

With a few exceptions I really don't care for Anthony attacking Stern, that's why I come here.

smichal likes this.
  15. Maddysmom

Maddysmom Kunt Banned User

Reputations:
    Yep he certainly is an idiot for turning his firing by SiriusXM into one gigantic cash cow. He got A LOT OF PEOPLE to cancel their SiriusXM subs and sign up for his podcast... again what an idiot.

jgard and I invented that like this.
  16. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know if I've made this clear?? I don't care AT ALL what Anthony's numbers are, what his motives are, what his options are, what his status is. I want SOMEONE free of SiriusXM mgmt to regularly shine a floodlight on that scalp with a microphone.

17. CatParty

CatParty Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He could potentially have a much bigger audience and income if it was free. Free brings in a lot of money as well. As mentioned, Carolla brings in well over $3 million yearly. I won't disagree that he'll have a lot of subscribers at first, but it's also a lot easier to maintain that audience and income if you put out a free product.

I'll give you is that he's going from one pay wall to another cheaper one, but the first pay wall has a lot more content. Granted, the Pests are incredibly loyal, so I'll also give you that.

I like Ant, but I think it would've been way smarter to put out a free product.

Trophy Knife and ARM like this.
  18. Maddysmom

Maddysmom Kunt Banned User

Reputations:
    Oh I completely disagree and this is why, this Ant's podcast, the podcast that will be free and be gigantic is the one all 3 of them do come October.

19. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I may have to check this fellow out.

To me at least, the biggest impediment to paying to listen to ANYTHING isn't the money, that's usually pretty cheap, it's having to give your credit card to multiple people and keep up with who's charging you when, as most of them auto-renew and at some point you may not even be listening anymore. Also, the signing up and logging on gets to be a bit much when it's a dozen passwords and member names.

I tell you, if one company figures out how to become an aggregator of ALL l paid podcasts and other media sources, they'll have something. I dunno, this may be what Apple already does. But I didn't like the way they operated when I tried it, so I lost touch with what they have going on.

The idea of satellite is fast becoming obsolete.

20. CatParty

CatParty Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I really hope so. Opie is waffling, which makes me uncertain. But I hope I'm wrong there, and that you're right. Even though Opie kind of sucks, the best formula is all three together.

Maddysmom and ARM like this.