Anthony is the quickest, funniest radio personalities ever with no ego!

Discussion in 'The Anthony Cumia Show' started by Hersh, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Hersh

Hersh Active Member

Reputations:
    Some of the dumbest quips he blurts out are insane. The man has no agenda but to be in the moment and be funny. Stern wishes he was 1/1000 as quick and funny. He's friends with Fred and I'd love to be a fly on the wall when those two are hanging out.

2. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It helps that he's really smart and well informed so he can hang with any topic and have a non-pedicatable joke ready.

3. RobinsBedSores

RobinsBedSores VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He does have an agenda.

4. Hersh

Hersh Active Member

Reputations:
    You are correct, but what I meant is he doesn't have one in the entertainment/comedian community.... Unless they are A group of lovely people.

5. Icculus

Icculus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anthony has an agenda, I guess, but it isn't PHONY. how many people in entertainment and the media have an agenda but aren't full of shit? Penn, Anthony, Rogan...not many others.

6. Racerx969

Racerx969 Member

Reputations:
    I love it when Ant gets Jimmy. Ant's batting average is pretty damn high too. I enjoy his rants, even if I don't always agree.

7. KillVampires

KillVampires Racist Banned User

Reputations:
    Ant is the only one who can be unsafe with his politics. He can go the distance without fear of anything happening to his career. He's the only one who guys like Patrice and DiPaolo come into the studio to talk to. Listen to any Patrice appearance....it's almost always him and Ant talking like two guys just having a casual conversation.

Opie wants to become a mainstream entertainer. I know he has reached out to some of the comedy networks because I work in TV (HBO). He wants to host a game show or something like Webjunk or Tosh.0 on the side or after O&A goes off the air. Even a version of Candid Camera. Opie won't have a no holds barred talk about politics if means putting him in the media spotlight or the jackpot again. Too risky at this point in what he wants to do with his career. He's also softened after having kids according to some, personally I don't see it.

Jimmy's always been a sellout. He said he is envious of guys who get major commercial deals. Does almost anything to raise his profile. Bad roasts, lame tv shows, late night talk shows, local radio to plug gigs, and so on. Jimmy will never take the plunge into Carlin or Patrice style routines where he's doing high level political and social stuff because it requires too much research. Anytime they are having a discussion in the studio Jimmy never has any specifics. The callers were killing Jimmy the other day when he was talking about Bush and Bin Laden. He's an armchair politician. Bumper sticker slogans sum up his political fortitude.

Norton is the guy who when a major event happens he runs into the comedy club to be the first comedian to talk about it. He was stealing Paterno and Penn State jokes from twitter and ESPN conversations and putting them into his special without even polishing them or rewriting them and making them his own.

8. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    Don't like Jim Norton much?

9. KillVampires

Reputations:
    He's amazing on the show with interviews. And I love Chip/Uncle Paul and the like. But his standup is good once and then is abysmal the second time around. I re-listened to Nick Dip's albums last week and they were still great.

Norton started his standup career as a backup for Dice. He's closer to Dice than to someone like Patrice or Carlin.

10. Tans Lover

Tans Lover Active Member

Reputations:
    I could give a shit about Norton's stand up or anyone else's for that matter. I have never been to a comedian's show but I like them on the radio. I didn't start listening to O&A until the middle of last year so I missed Patrice but I caught up on him when they ran his tribute. He was great on the show like Jim but I still wouldn't like his stand up.

I, like you, admire Jim for his amazing ability to interview and his quick humor on the radio and his ability to keep the show moving at times.

11. KillVampires

Reputations:
    If you want to really hear Patrice then find his Black Phillip Show that he did on O&A. There's a torrent on The Pirate Bay with it and people occasionally post in on the O&A binary group. It's him hosting an advice show where he talks about relationships. Brilliant stuff. Also if you haven't heard the Patrice tribute:

http://greggtonyandjim.blogspot.com/2012/12/patrice-oneal.html

12. PTRacing

PTRacing Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's a pretty spot on list.:coffee:

13. Franklin

Franklin New Member

Reputations:
    The main thing I love about this show is that they allow each other's jokes to bomb, unlike the Stern show that "saves" bad jokes with phony laughs.

14. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    Them groaning about a bad joke is usually funnier than the good jokes.