Any Explanation For The Conflicting Stories On The 3 Dogs Beth Claims Need A Home?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tv910, Mar 10, 2014.

1. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Last week Howard made a plea for someone to adopt 3 senior dogs at NSAL that need a home together. His website says the dogs were turned in when their original owner went into a nursing home and Beth is helping find them a home. However, NSAL's website says the owner sent the dogs to NSAL last summer and they were adopted by new owners in October. I only listened for a few minutes today, was any of this discussed or explained? If they were returned by the new owners, why isn't it mentioned?

Current posting on HowardStern.com:

BETH HAS 3 ADULT DOGS FOR YOU!

North Shore Animal League is looking for a perfect home for 3 great senior dogs. Their owner went into a nursing home and was heartbroken that she could no longer care for them. She loved these 3 dogs so much that she made sure they would be taken care of by North Shore Animal League until they were placed into a loving home.. Beth spent the day yesterday with these dogs and fell madly in love with them! Housebroken and so loving and friendly- ALL 3 !!!!!

They are older dogs but just perfect:

Ivan is a 14 year old Shepherd mix – a very affectionate one! He moves a little slow, but gets along just fine. Housebroken!!

Domino is also 14 years old and is a Pointer mix. She loves being walked and pet. She too is housebroken and loves to snuggle on a soft bed.

Joshua is the youngster of the group being 10 years old. He is a cute Terrier mix who is the independent one of the three. He will take his bone and find a comfortable spot to chew on it and not bother with Ivan and Domino. He is housebroken and loves to walk outside.

From NSAL's website:

Our Texas Trio Has Been Adopted!

This past June, we told you the story of Ivan, Joshua and Domino, three senior dogs who had spent their entire lives together in Texas with a loving adopter. When she moved to an assisted living facility, we took in the trio through our Safe Haven Surviving Pet Care program and have been working tirelessly ever since to find them a home where they could stay together.

In October, New Jersey couple Suzanne and Keith, along with their teenage daughter Ashley, adopted this canine family, increasing their pet-loving household to seven—two cats and, now, five dogs!

Kristine Furnari, Kennel Manager at North Shore Animal League America, is thrilled that Ivan, Joshua and Domino were adopted as a family. “They’re doing great in their new home,†she says. “They have already made themselves very comfortable and are even rolling on their backs when playing with the family’s other two dogs. I’m very grateful that we found adopters like Suzanne and her family to open up their home to these three great companions!€

2. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Pretty sure this was posted earlier…but it is good to bring this BS to light again.
    And if I hear Howard say how they rescued 53 kittens from death's door, I'm going to scream. I volunteer and I know…kittens always go first.

Beff sweetie, try fostering a blind, deaf 11 year ode dog…

3. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Or a human being.

4. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    He started talking about the 12 yr old cat Beef was tweeting staged pics of herself with. And he said "can you believe it RRobin the owner had the cat for 12 yrs and gave it up" Robin interrupted didn't she have to go in a nursing home? and Howard said no that was the 3 dogs and quickly changed the subject to he doesn't think the cat is blind.

Beth haa already tweeted the cat is 15 and blind

she lies and lies, now he is roped into her lies

5. Shamrock12

Shamrock12 Bouncy... Bouncy...

Reputations:
    how anyone still listens to the show is beyond me

6. kippy

kippy Not Safe For Women VIP

Reputations:

How were they at death's door seeing a NSAL claims that it's a "no kill" shelter?

7. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    My county shelter euthanizes about 150 great dogs and cats a week. It isn't an affluent area and sadly no one barely gives a shit. It makes me insane when they talk about North Shore and all the high executive salaries and celeb funding.

8. Phillipmcd

Phillipmcd Active Member

Reputations:
    God I don't know how people can do that as a job.

9. misslady85

misslady85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I noticed, too, when he said the cat was 12.

10. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    At this point, I believe Neil Tyson is an astrophysicist traveling through Space time in the ship from flight if the navigator more than I believe anything Howard says

11. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

so bethie expects someone to take on the responsibility (and vet bills) of THREE VERY SENIOR DOGS!!!!!! if she's so concerned why doesn't she step up to the plate and adopt them???

12. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Or at least set up something with a local vet to cover the bills. That is why many people will not adopt older pets.