Any Navy guys here? I think Howard's guest today is committing stolen valor

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by CaptainFrank, Jul 22, 2014.

1. CaptainFrank

CaptainFrank Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So today Howard had this rich douche on named Dan whatever... his claim to fame is paying whores to hang around him. He also collects lots of guns, and claims to have had sex with 16 woman in 12 days..etc... I think the truth is he is a trust fund kid who pays women, but whatever...

During the interview, he claimed to be a Navy Seal... then he later claimed that he served over 500 days of Seal training, got injured during his first series, and then got thrown out two days before graduation during his second series of training. ( If you don't graduate, are you a Seal?)

Anyway, in the interview he claimed that he joined the Navy and went right to Seal training... I know for a fact that anyone joining the Navy must go to boot camp first, and then if you are lucky, you Might be picked for Seal training. According to the navy website I read, if you get selected, they basically assign you to work out 10 hrs a day in preparation for SEAL training, so you are as fit as possible. This work out period is up to 8 weeks...

Now I am starting to wonder if this guy didn't make up the whole thing.... any Navy guys on here think he was full of crap too? The guy can't be dumb enough to try to fool the whole world can he?

2. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Former NAVY.

Do not listen to the show.

3. Winst

Winst Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  4. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    Was it worth listening to? If so I will check it out :beer:

5. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    When you are in boot, you are given the opportunity to volunteer for SEAL training.

You have to complete boot first. No exceptions.

If you volunteer for SEAL training the CCs will beat you a little more than the rest of the company. They will make you run longer. Do more push ups. Etc.

The guys in my company that volunteered were tiny guys. Full of muscles. Full of endurance and piss and vinegar. I went to boot in San Diego. The amphib base was full of small dudes with lots of muscles. I am leary of anybody that is big and muscular and claims they are a SEAL.

6. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    ( If you don't graduate, are you a Seal?)
    no.

7. CaptainFrank

Reputations:

I know five Navy Seals... none have waist larger than a 32 or so. None are muscle bound, but they have what I would call a "swimmer's body". More lean muscle than big muscle. That being said, they could all kill in 3 seconds without breaking a sweat, but if you saw any of them, you would never think they are "seals"... They also never go around talking about it.

I think this guy was full of shit...

8. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    And if you are indeed a police officer and you are able to bring a stolen valor cunt to justice. You are a good guy in my book.

9. CaptainFrank

Reputations:

It was, until I realized he was probably full of shit, and just paying these whores. He is the American equivalent of the rich Eurotrash guy in Vegas wearing Versace who thinks he is hip because whores are hanging around him, clueless that they are only there for the $$$$....

sammyr134 likes this.
  10. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    Swimmer's body is a good way to look at it. I met lots of SEALS in boot. They punished us if we fucked up - "marching parties" woo.

They do not look like Arnold or Sly.

Which makes them even more scary.

11. CaptainFrank

Reputations:
    I think this guy was a Seal the same time that Beth was a Model in Europe.

12. Stinkfist

Reputations:

I am sure Don Shipley would like to talk to a fake SEAL that boasted about his service on the Stern show.

NotMyBro likes this.
  13. CaptainFrank

Reputations:
    The more i think about it, the more I'm sure this guy is a lying tool... the Navy probably spends $250,000 to train one seal, they arent throwing all that money away two days before graduation because someone called someone else a bad word. They might make your life miserable, but they have an investment in you.

14. CaptainFrank

Reputations:
    Ok, I am a man of my word,,, He apparently did attend the training, but did not graduate.... he must have fucked up big time...

http://sofrep.com/26399/exclusive-dan-bilzerian-talks-to-sofrep-for-the-record/

>>>>>>>

I’ve verified that Dan was in BUD/S 229, 238, and 239 before being dropped from training with class 239 for a safety violation on the shooting range. To address the “no good reason” comment from Dan, in my opinion it’s likely that his instructors felt that he wasn’t a good fit for the SEAL community and were looking for any excuse to drop him from training. This why we call it a “selection” process, and it doesn’t end, even when you get to your SEAL Team. Dan, as a former instructor myself, I know that your instructors did have a good reason. Reflect on the reason and become a better man for it. After all, you did complete 99% of one of the hardest military selection courses in the world.

I’d encourage you to read the full legal complaint here.

About Our Links
    We link to other websites if we find their content compelling. We also link to relevant products on Amazon.com as affiliates. The money we earn from Amazon helps keep the beer cold and the lights on.

About the Author
    [​IMG]
    Brandon Webb
    is a former U.S. Navy SEAL with combat deployments to Afghanistan, and Iraq. During his last tour he served as the west coast sniper Course Manager at the Naval Special Warfare Center. He is Editor-in-Chief of SOFREP.com, and a New York Times best selling author (The Red Circle & Benghazi: The Definitive Report). His writing has been featured in print, and digital media worldwide. You can follow him on twitter her

Read more: http://sofrep.com/26399/exclusive-dan-bilzerian-talks-to-sofrep-for-the-record/#ixzz38GRbJY5e

15. Stinkfist

Reputations:
    There was a rumor in boot that a sunburn constituted damaging US Govt property.

Never saw that enforced. But, damn right, the training is money and it will be well spent.

16. Stinkfist

Reputations:
  17. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    No. If you don't graduate, you're not a SEAL and SEALs do not recognize you as one. They're elite for a reason.

That's like saying that you were in The Godfather because you auditioned for the role of Sonny Corleone, but didn't get it because you broke your ankle and missed a callback.

18. CaptainFrank

Reputations:
    well, the guy did go through almost all the training, I say its like acting in the movie, but being cut out of the final version.

19. Dirty South

Dirty South Large Member

Reputations:
    He served in the same theater as @Feltspot.

WillyBest likes this.
  20. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    He didn't graduate. He wasn't cast in the movie.

I think the movie comparison would more accurately describe a SEAL who was never in any actual operations. Yeah, he's still a SEAL. And that actor still would have been part of the cast of The Godfather.