Any of you slobs into fitness & beautiful cashews?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HooHoo, Dec 22, 2014.

1. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Any of you slobs into fitness - what's your diet and exercise routine? Post em if you got em

Stern related because portion of cashews.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Weight Training: I'm in my fifth month of Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 and results have been great, never been stronger. This is a progressive program where you increase weight every week - there is no lifting for the "pump" or going until fatigue/failure. This program is suitable for Men *and* Women, for anyone that has not been seriously weight training for at least a year.

Cardio: I don't do any. There's no need, it would be counterproductive for my program.

Diet: Ketogenic. High fat, adequate-protein, low carb. Macro ratio is 65/30/5 (65% Fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs). Protein is targeted to 1g per pound of lean body mass per day. Energy/satiety comes from fat (bacon, grassfed butter, avocado, oils, nuts, cheese, coconut oil). Unprocessed/natural food is key. Currently running a 500 calorie/day deficit to cut bodyfat while retaining lean muscle. Have dropped bodyfat % from 23% to 15% in 5 months. Goal is to hit 9-12% by summer (progress becomes vastly harder the lower you get).

Calorie Tracker: www.MyFitnessPal.com

My 2c: Most of my gym life has consisted of fuckaround-itis (wandering around the gym just doing whatever), or "bro splits" meaning targeting a specific part of the body 4-5x per week. Thus I wish someone had slapped me around earlier in life and explained how the big compound exercises are the most important part of weight training for building lean mass, everything else is secondary. Weight training only 3 days a week has also been key to not burning out. Before I knew better, I would have phases where I'd just go to the gym every single day, then slowly come to hate it and burn out and surf the couch for the next 2 years. To quote Crazy Alice "Fuck that shit"

3. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:

I am eating a Pop Tart as I read this. Yum.

Note: we don't care that you had 2 grams of carbs last week. In fact, no one cares at all. Have a slice of pizza and relax. We're all gonna die.

4. Pickle Jar

Pickle Jar Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    All bullshit... In the end we all die. So eat up and drink.. Life is too short.

SternsEgo, Hamster, ARM and 1 other person like this.
  5. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    I don't track anything, nor do I have a set routine.

This works for me:
    I barely eat wheat products, and avoid microwave/deep-fried stuff. I avoid food with additives and any kind of artificial shit. No soda ever, and no booze during weekdays. I drink a ton of water all day, and 4 cups of coffee. I walk as much as possible.

I start my day with 50 push-ups and 50 sit-ups.

Breakfast=an apple & a banana, sometimes cereal
    Lunch= a big salad with tuna or lunch meat + some nuts (no dressing)
    Dinner can be all kinds of things. Basically veggies + meat or fish. I avoid pasta or breading most of the time

I hit the gym 3 times a week. Start out with 15 minutes of intense cardio, and then do whatever-I-feel-like body-weight exercises. They have these TRX straps hanging from the ceiling that you can do all kinds of exercises with. I wear a 10 pound weight-vest. I usually do this for 45-minutes till I can't go on no more. After that, I go sit in the sauna.

I'm fuckin' ripped and in the best shape of my life.

Feels a lot better than being slightly flabby and smoking cigarettes (been there, done that). I'm not neurotic about it, though. There are enough times where I just eat pizza and drink beer. I enjoy those moments immensely, because I don't have a lot lot of them. I really wouldn't want to have it any other way. Sex is a lot better too when you're in top shape.

6. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Getting back to my routine now after surgery, but I eat what I want. I eat pretty much all day long. I just keep the sugar and fried foods low. I skate 5-6 days a week. Lift weights and treadmill about 3 times a week.

Hamster, HooHoo, smichal and 4 others like this.
  7. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I exercise my elbow with 12oz curls down at the pub.

8. blindbella

blindbella Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everything in moderation.
    And I walk everywhere.

9. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Here's an idea: it's Christmas week.

How about being obsessive about making other people happy instead of boring us with details of your narcissism?

10. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    I walk a lot. Living in Manhattan its easy to do. I do at least 10,000 steps a day..I wear a fitbit.
    Like Bethiepoo, I drink a glass or two of wine almost everyday...sometimes enough to get high on it..:giggle:...No cashews and sometimes progresso soup. Don't think Howie would think progresso is beautiful soup..
    I eat pizza once a week...not frozen , but really cheesy yummy NYC delivered kind. I watch what I eat, but not fanatically..

Hamster, HooHoo, Beths Arab and 4 others like this.
  11. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Always have worked out in a gym and walk as much as possible. Used to run on the beach in Santa Monica. Not much garbage food - mostly cook healthy fresh stuff. Love buffets though!

12. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Good stuff man! :up: Unless its a total lifestyle commitment, its a waste of time...:lo5:

HooHoo likes this.
  13. teehee

teehee Friend Of The Friendless VIP

Reputations:
    Morning Vegas Girl..Still can't rep U!!
    I used to run but busted my knees.
    Merry Christmas..

14. Alisonsbankacct

Alisonsbankacct Out to lunch.

Reputations:
    I run 5 days a week and hate it :(

Love hiking with my dog on weekends. Low weight, high rep weights 3x a week (female so I just want to be toned, no bulk)

You weigh what you eat so I try to get a lot of bang for my calories: lean protein, low carb, as many phytonutrients as I can stand

CrucifiedAGT, smichal and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  15. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just started exercising again. Have an elliptical in my home office. It's tight, but it works. There's a wall right in front of the elliptical, and I installed a small shelf so that I can put my ipad on it. I just started streaming Breaking Bad to watch again while I'm exercising. Other times I'll just throw some headphones on and walk around the neighborhood.

Other than that, I do watch what I eat for the most part, especially during the week. I don't get too crazy though, just keep it simple. Calories in, calories out. Burn more than I take in.

HooHoo, smichal and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  16. Buffalo Balls

Buffalo Balls Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    My guess is, rather than a thread about tire tracks, more people will probably care about this thread because it discusses diet and exercise which is something we all could benefit from.

Zelda, HooHoo and 1Vegasgirl like this.
  17. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Cashews?!? Do you know how much fat is in a single cashew? What do you think Howard is a fat pig? He only eats almonds.

18. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Great but I don't get the lunch meat. It's made from pig dicks and snouts and such and loaded with chemicals.

smichal likes this.
  19. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i am genetically gifted and can eat just about anything and not gain weight however that said I am pretty disciplined about what I eat and work out 5 days a week. Been going on ten years and my cock has never been stronger

smichal likes this.
  20. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    Vegas Girl :cheer:

1Vegasgirl likes this.