Any of you watching Legit?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Mlaw, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    It's the FX show Eric the Midget was supposed to do, it seriously would have been the perfect show for him to have a regular role. It's like an affirmative action TV show for gimps

[​IMG]

BTW--the show is funny

2. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
  3. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    Is it? Maybe we'll give it a try. I saw the promos for it and was a bit underwhelmed, but thought that it could be OK.

4. Mlaw

Reputations:
    I didn't have high hopes for it, but I'm a fan of FX, so I gave it a shot. The pilot was good, the second episode made me :lol:

5. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I like FX. We watch Wilfred, which was good initially and is now just OK. I love Justified, which is also on FX.

6. Mlaw

Reputations:
    I take it from your AV you also watch American Horror Story. What did you think of the finale?

7. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I liked it. The Sarah Paulson storyline ended in a pretty shocking way, and I kind of like that Sister Jude had a few months of normalcy at the end. I absolutely love Jessica Lange. She is such an amazing actress. She and Sarah Paulson will be back next season, I know that.

8. Mlaw

Reputations:
    My only complaint is I wish they had told the story over a couple of episodes, it would have been nice to have savored it. Things got wrapped up so quickly

9. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If you liked Wilfred - I watched the original Austrailian version somewhere on the internet and it was SO much better than the FX version (Had the same guy playing Wilfred) Definitely worth checking out. A little darker and creepier.

AMS was awesome I thought. James Cromwell rocked the house.

10. gridlockd

Reputations:
    Kinda wish we saw more with the alien kids. Other that though, great.

11. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I wanted to watch the original, and thought that it was probably better than the US version, much like the UK version of the office was far superior to the US version. You watched it online? I probably won't do that, but if it was something I could get from Netflix I'd watch it. I think Jason Gann, who plays Wilfred, is one of the creators of the Australian version.

James Cromwell is good in everything he does.

12. Mlaw

Reputations:
    yeah, the whole alien story line really wasn't explored or explained fully. But all in all, a great season. It's awesome to see truly great actors/actresses get such juicy rolls on TV.

13. gridlockd

Reputations:
    If you just matched the pilot episodes; The Office UK and The Office US are pretty even. The first episodes are almost identical, script-wise.

The difference between the two Wilfred pilots is night and day. They completely re-wrote it. A lot worse in my opinion. The original had nothing to do with a depressed guy trying to kill himself and a hot neighbor with a dog. It's just a guy coming back to a girls house after a date and eventually the dog starts hassling him to watch DVD's and stuff. Much more subtle. They definitely dumbed it down for us Americans.

I'm kinda surprised how much Jason Gunn was willing to compromise (or sell-out) his own vision.

14. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    "Shameless" Is my drug of choice at the moment......."Justified", "Mudcats" And waiting for "Southland" to crank up.......I just can't fit in anything else right now.............

15. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    I know the scripts were pretty much the same for both Offices, but I think the UK version with Ricky Gervais is so far superior that I couldn't even enjoy the US version. I stopped watching after Season 1. And Jason Gunn compromised because they probably threw a ton of money at him.

How great is Justified? I love that show so much. The writing is superb, as is the acting. Raylan, Boyd....just great characters. And this is the problem with the Kevin Bacon show The Following. The writing is so mediocre, with the actors spitting out one cliche after another. And when Kevin Bacon threw a chair at the wall because he was mad....

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  16. Mlaw

Reputations:
    I just got on board, I haven't watched any of season 3 yet, I want to watch 1 and 2 first

17. Snotty

Reputations:
    Take my word for it.........You'll love it!!

18. Snotty

Reputations:
    I didn't like the premise of "Following" And I kinda' think Bacon is trying to ride his wife's success from "The Closer"..........

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;2WCGKb8ikRc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WCGKb8ikRc[/video]

[video=youtube;lzjDxGR4AaA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzjDxGR4AaA[/video]

[video=youtube;fr_auJ8w0rA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr_auJ8w0rA[/video]

20. Kamie

Kamie Active Member

Reputations:
    That and he needs the money. You'll recall that he was one of Madoff's victims. I think he cleaned them out.