Any Quitter's Remorse? Have You Gone Back to the Stern Show?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Peau de Soie, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    A couple of us were bragging about breaking our Stern show addictions at http://www.dawgsaloon.com/showthread.php/30500-Its-over-Johhny

Everybody seems quite happy to have stopped listening, finally breathing free of the cobwebs and infomercial that is the 2012 Howard Stern Show. (I'm 5 months sober myself.)

But has anyone regretted it?

Has anyone gone BACK to listening after having quit in disgust?

If so, which decision was the right one for you?

Your thoughts.

2. k4D3t

k4D3t Reverse Apache Master VIP

Reputations:
    I occassionally go back -- it usually is a clip I've heard a thousand times or a topic that's been covered a thousand times -- harrible

3. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I lurked at the shitty SFN b/c I hated the TLDR peckertards and the 30/30/30 rule. I really enjoyed the SFSN and Dawg's is pretty cool. So I'd miss the intelligent posters like Peau, FlaFla, Senator Rick, etc.

As far as quitting listening? I don't even remember what month or year I quit. Does that answer the question?

4. j shmuck

j shmuck Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I quit Howard TV at the end of 2011 (I had quit the radio show earlier in the year) and I have no regrets.

The only spots I have heard was the King of all blacks calling out beth and the billy corgan interview

I don't miss the show at all, but I still appreciate all the laughs it provided me. I still like catching old 90s clips on youtube also

5. damuthafnprez

damuthafnprez New Member

Reputations:
    no regrets , no going back, i did it for Chappy
    [​IMG]

6. STR

STR New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    quit listening a few months ago...have never even thought about going back...for what? i listen to o&a now...so much better and they do better interviews...they had neman from seinfeld on the other day and i thought it was gonna suck but it turned out to be a good interview...if howard had him in it'd be nothing but talk about his sex life

7. Jack Shit

Jack Shit Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm a satisfied Ron and Fez listener. :yay:

8. YokoOhNo

YokoOhNo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i usually check the shuffle once a day in case they're playing a jackie era clip i've 'only' heard three or so times before

9. Roberticus

Roberticus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll still turn it on if I'm in the kitchen on the weekends and listen for the week's most-talked-about stuff (as discussed here, I mean).

I almost never even bother on weekdays, and when I do, probably 90% of the time I turn it right back off. This probably started along with the 3-day work weeks.

10. Fuddco

Fuddco New Member

Reputations:
    I listen as filler during my 11/14hr driving day,after O&A/R&F. Since he is on so infrequently I listen to podcast on those times and on weekends. Sat. radio pretty much blows and if it wasnt for a sirius lifetime sub and a discounted Xm sub I wouldn't listen at all,there is too much free(and even not stolen) content.

11. Ice Hole

Ice Hole Active Member

Reputations:
    Nope. Carolla, Nick & Artie, TWIT Pod casts and music have replaced Howard for me. There are plenty of choices out there.

12. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    Don't regret it at all!

13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I quit stern. It was easier than I thought. I listen to opie & Anthony and honestly only tune into Howard in the pm to see how far he's fallen, to see how much of a hypocrite he's become and to soak up the desperation with a sponge.

Opie & Anthony aren't Howard in his prime, but they're entertaining and they're there 5-days a week, don't make me feel like I'm being ripped off, don't take obnoxious vacation days (and then tell me to fuck off) and relate to the average man. The biggest reason though? Easy! They still love what they do. They're not some old, out of touch fuck with a chip on his shoulder.

14. Fuddco

Fuddco New Member

Reputations:
    O&A do a good show but they are starting to show their lack of interest in the show as well. Still a good listen but I think they are being beaten down by the contract negotiations and their inflated egos as to what they are worth in the current radio market.
    Opie has really gotten on my nerves lately with the contract negotiating hijinks and general bitching of how hard his work is,I know some of it is for the radio but it gets tiring after awhile.

And we get it, Erock is a fat lazy man child........day after day we get it.

15. RODFROMBAYSIDE

RODFROMBAYSIDE Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    No havent really gone back but i will check out Marksfriggin to see if there is anything interesting that i could look up on youtube. But mostly just listen to Nick and Artie and my Ipod

16. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I'll listen to old clips and shows but even those are a little ruined because they remind me of how unlikable everyone became (except Fred)

17. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    I finally shut off the HSS the day of the AGT announcement last December, mid sentence. If not for that really disgusting Ashley thread where some of you hard-core, pipe-hittin' m'fuckas posted pictures after blowin' loads on hers, I'd never have turned the shit back on the first week of 2012 just to see if he reacted to that. I bailed on HS, SFRT, Intern Show, and Fitzimmonds all at the same time in January and never went back. Since then, I listen to JT daily...called in a couple of times to try to explain the "God Particle" shit to him but he has a very short attention span. Fucker hung up on me again today because he thought I was bullshitting when I started to tell him about my unconventional (great) marriage. (My in-laws don't even know we're married because I have no room in my life for dysfunctional in-laws...and I don't do "ceremonies" of any kind so we just cabbed over to the courthouse in our sweat pants and cabbed back home...and we did it on Friday the 13th because I figured there'd be no lines that day...there were actually some couples...in white tuxes and shit, no less.)

If I've heard all of the JT shows by Friday, I'll click on H-100 over the weekend, but usually it's every bit as bad as I remember and I check 101 or 104. Nothing I've heard ever made me consider going back...already sorry I wasted my time waiting for it to get better from Jan 2010 to Jan 2012. So far, the only thing I'd like to have heard is the interview with Bubba...but I'm not even sure that was on THSS...was it HS or on Artie's show? Would like to try O&A but it's not on my lifetime plan and I'm never paying Sirius another dime for programming again. Tried Covino & Rich but those guys really sound like two 7th Grade kids discussing their views on the world...their conversations are so infantile it's worse than dead air and it's just unbelievable to me that two guys that stupid actually get paid good livings to talk on the radio.

18. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    i actually haven't listen to many full shows ever :p. i download, then i skim the topics, and just listen to what i like. probably why i am more moderate in my hate than most. when people say, AGT talk and bobo called, i go.... who the fuck is bobo :c

19. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    fuck to the no

20. babybear

babybear r.i.p 8/3/15, Wherewolf of AZ VIP

Reputations:
    i'll go back when Artie and or Jackie go back.