Anybody lift? Just cardio threads. lol

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Morrisb, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow. :p

2. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
  3. Morrisb

Reputations:
    For real? That you bro? Wonder how long that took.

4. Nibbler

Nibbler heaven is in your mind Gold

Reputations:
    Good job!
    Did you go to a gym or do you workout at home with a program like Body Beast or Insanity?

5. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    yep that is me. 6 months from the fat picture to now! I used to be a really heavy drinker and although im still an alchy at heart, my diet kinda prevents me from getting too fucked up. I kinda have no life so im pretty dedicated to the gym right now, but the first few months I didnt work out at all. Just biking and running

6. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    I ran/biked the first 3-4 months and just have had about a month or two in working out...its so hard to get into weight lifting when you are eating a low carb diet, it takes a lot longer to recover if you arent on creatine and amino acids. But I work out in a small school gym, I go as soon as its open because I love being alone and not being rushed. One day I hope to build a gym in a room in my house, its such a peaceful way to train.

7. Nibbler

Nibbler heaven is in your mind Gold

Reputations:
    It is. I hope you achieve your goal.
    If you are serious about starting to lift weights, Body Beast is a very good introduction. I'm no expert on nutrition, but you should try to up your protein.

8. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    Thanks. I will not forget body beast & will look into it when I am ready.

Eventually I am going to focus on gaining mass, but I have gotten so close to a shredded six pack I kinda want to get there before I switch my shit up drastically.It was surprising how much I was able to retain while dropping a ridiculous amount of weight. almost to a shredded stomach! :cheer:

9. Engaged Chicken

Engaged Chicken VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Hi! :D

10. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    Hello! I hope you are not a dude. I have enough depression in my life :boohoo:

11. Morrisb

Reputations:
    I lift. But, you might as well be fat if you're not doing enough cardio. So after a situation or 2, I'm finally running and increasing my rest periods. *fingers crossed*

12. digitalbullet

digitalbullet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i lift 4-5 days a week and run about 15 miles a week. i've been doing this for a few years with the only difference being that i switch up my weekly running distances every 3 months or so. Also switch up my lifting routine every 2 or 3 months or whenever i feel like it

13. bdearen

bdearen New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I know this thread is old but had a question. I was always in decent/normal shape my entire life. About 3 years ago I started a job where I am sitting for 10+ hours a day. When I get home I sit for another 3-4 hours finishing up work. I am 5'8 - 5'9 and am around 255-260 lbs. About 6 months ago I tried to diet and workout. I dropped to 240 in about 2 months. I worked at it hard and stayed the same for another 2 months. I got frustrated and basically gave up. Well as you could imagine it all came back and then some. I can hit the gym 2-3 nights a week and normally do 40 min elliptical, various weight training, and another 20 or so on the treadmill. I think my main problem is diet and what I eat. Can you recommend some things to eat or make or a site that has this info that is not too expensive?

14. broccoli rob

Reputations:
    I run almost 30 miles a week. 3.5 miles a day, in fact im going for a run now. But I am trying to religiously work out 5-6 days a week for at least an hour minimum.

bodybuilding.com has good info. Your diet is the most important part.. If you consume enough protein, carbs, and fats at a caloric deficit and consistently train, you should be able to avoid a plateau and continue to cut weight and gain muscle. egg whites, turkey, bison meat, peanut butter and jelly, whole wheat products, fish, quinoa, chicken, and grassfed meat are all good. If you use fruit, try to stick to berries and like bananas. In the morning, not after dinner. Some people think its a good diet to eat fruit as a dessert :facepalm: you just end up sleeping with all that sugar in you. Use it as fuel in the morning, if anything. I have family that is trying to loose weight and struggling, because they insist on starving themselves of fats and carbs, when its the calories that need to be the main focus. Be conscious of your food, and if you look up the nutrition facts you'll notice that a lot of shit food is what has the empty calories with no nutritional value. The fatty foods that I really enjoy, like pasta and chicken wings, I make from scratch and avoid too much oil and use good ingredients. If you cook a lot its really easy to eat healthy. I boil my wings in Heineken for 15 minutes, then bake them, they come out great and very lean. Pasta sauce I make from scratch with organic tomatoes and use either whole wheat pasta or quinoa pasta. Quinoa and kale are my favorite side dishes as they have more nutrition in them than basically anything else u can have as a side. Also quick to fix up! Protein bars are also good if you are in a rush, I like Cliff's builder bars.

I am starting to get some serious progress at the gym, now. My bench is going up every workout, I am starting to grow some titties :cheer:

[​IMG]

as far as supplements I am take L-Carnitine liquid, a basic creatine, a preworkout (RSP Fast Fuel w/ BCAAs), isopure 0 carb protein, and some builder bars occasionally.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013