Entertainment Anyone else going to get No Man's Sky for PS4 tomorrow?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Daveindiego, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Daveindiego

Daveindiego Confirmed Internet Legend Gold

Reputations:
  2. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Ghey.

:davetoke:

JameGumb likes this.
  3. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    Not really interested in this one, despite the hype. In fact I'm not gonna lie, I hope it is a giant let down.

x76, DonDougie, Tim and 1 other person like this.
  4. bourbon

bourbon Active Member

Reputations:
    Maybe in a few months for PC when it goes on sale if the player base stays high

Deus Ex is my next game

JameGumb, Mr Pink and sstressed like this.
  5. Mojopin

Mojopin Resplendent in his frock VIP

Reputations:
    I'm interested. I'll get it if it doesn't force me to play online with a buncha douchebags.

Mr Sinister, TeeDonkey and sstressed like this.
  6. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Pretty sure it's a single player game.

Fuck douchebags. :grad:

Mojopin likes this.
  7. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    :leavecunt:

8. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    it looks nice. i like exploring but if there aren't things to blow up, eh!

also i don't have a ps4 yet. i can't decide if i want a ps4 or a gaming laptop.

9. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Well, now that I'm using my PS4 as a 'cable box', it simply can't be beat.

But they're going to be coming out with the next generation soon to further support the Virtual Reality (VR). :grad:

10. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If there's shooting I'll get it

11. sstressed

Reputations:
    i really want to try vr stuff but i haven't figured out what's going on with it yet. so ps4 or its next gen will have vr stuff?

i hit the trifecta today!
    30 mg of edibles, 1/4 gram of hash and a gram of a few different genetics! i have to keep rewinding the olymipics!

x76 likes this.
  12. EasyJesus

EasyJesus Pappy Gold

Reputations:
    Not buying anything new until the new Battlefield and Titanfall come out :grad:

13. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    From that link. :grad:

Here is what No Man’s Sky definitely is:

• Exploring a universe of pretty procedurally generated worlds, with beautiful creatures
    • Trading with NPCs
    • Combat against robots/mechs and cool space battles
    • Survival/crafting in a universe sized sandbox
    • An awesome procedural soundtrack from my genuine favourite band (check the NMS album out here)
    • For one small moment, you might feel like you’ve stepped into a sci-fi book cover

Cookie_Puss, JameGumb and sstressed like this.
  14. Mr Pink

Mr Pink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's not on my buy right away list but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

http://www.pcgamer.com/no-mans-sky-maybe-isnt-the-game-you-imagined-says-hello-games-founder/

No Man's Sky "maybe isn’t the game you imagined," says Hello Games founder

Back when we first reported on No Man's Sky in 2013, we mostly had an exciting trailer to go on: we knew you could seamlessly fly from a planet's surface to outer space, that it would be procedurally generated, and we saw a sweet sandworm. It was a fantastic announcement trailer. But Hello Games founder Sean Murray now seems concerned that public perception of No Man's Sky has gotten out of hand.

In a new post—a day before No Man's Sky's PS4 release—Murray tempers some of the wilder expectations. No Man's Sky is a "niche game" and a "very very chill game," he writes. He adds on Twitter that it isn't a multiplayer game—the networking aspects are meant to provide "cool 'moments,'" not a full-blown co-op or PvP experience.

To be super clear - No Man's Sky is not a multiplayer game. Please don't go in looking for that experience.August 8, 2016

As for what No Man's Sky is, Murray says the vision has been the same from the start: a procedurally-generated universe, trading, combat, survival, crafting, a great soundtrack, and the feeling that "you’ve stepped into a sci-fi book cover."

Expectations for games lose parity with reality all the time, and I think it especially happens when there's an air of mystery around multiplayer features. But Murray argues that every bit of game footage released has been representative of the experience they were shooting for, and points to guides about 'what you do' in No Man's Sky put together based on his interviews.

No Man's Sky may not be "the game you *imagined* from those trailers," writes Murray, emphasis his. "If you hoped for things like pvp multiplayer or city building, piloting freighters, or building civilisations… that isn’t what NMS is. Over time it might become some of those things through updates."

In other words, he didn't Molyneux the thing and promise we'd develop a lifelong bond with our alien dog. No Man's Sky has always been about a few specific things, and was never intended to be an MMO or anything like it. Granted, in saying this Murray also calls No Man's Sky an "infinite procedural sci-fi-space-survival-sandbox unlike anything you have ever played before," so the idea that it's incalculably grand and utterly unique remains.

Even so, No Man's Sky "might not be for everyone," concludes Murray. "I expect it to be super divisive, but I’m sat here watching playtesters right now who weren’t supposed to be in, but just wanted to play and chill out. I can’t wait for you to experience that for yourselves."

Hello Games is running its own livestream at 7:30pm GMT (about an hour from now) to offer a better look at what No Man's Sky is and isn't.

15. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Playstation is coming out with VR stuff this year.

You should pick yourself up a Google Cardboard, you can put your phone into it, and it's a real basic VR setup. It's crazy.

You been using edibles for a while? I'm still not a fan of the edibles.

I really enjoy that I'm able to enjoy several different strains these days, instead of the days of whatever my friend had for sale.

sstressed likes this.
  16. sstressed

Reputations:
    i'm in!

17. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    I'm looking for a game to get baked, and then hella lost in the environment.

Not looking for a shooter game.

sstressed likes this.
  18. Daveindiego

Reputations:
    Every speck of light that you see is a planet that can be visited. You can follow the point of light to a planet.

Crazy

sstressed likes this.
  19. TeeDonkey

TeeDonkey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Alienware M18 here, and love hi powered mobile gaming! I travel more often for work now, and I can get my game on anytime.

Cookie_Puss, pope29 and sstressed like this.
  20. sstressed

Reputations:
    i'll grab the google thing.

i made a bunch of coconut cannabis oil and have been eating capsules of it for years but i never knew how strong each capsule was. after some experimenting with store bought brownies etc., i figure that each capsule is 10ish mg. 30 mg is just right for me, it gave a friend the willies :nooo:

i prefer vaping to eating but eating just a bit and vaping is a perfect mix and eating just a bit is excellent for when you are somewhere where you can't smoke or vape.

i had 22 genetics a few days ago. i'm down to 19 or 20. i've found a new favorite dispensary and a few new favorite genetics so i'm pretty happy. i'm a genetics whore!

i sold pot for a long time and tried to have at least 2 different genetics around. when i had 6 at a time while growing i was real happy. now i have 20?? :yay: