Anyone Else Going to See Artie Tonight in D.C.?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Doberman862, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Doberman862

Doberman862 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I figure I am either going to love him or hate him. Sometimes his standup is spot on, other times not so much. But I have to give the Baby Gorilla a try!

2. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Uh oh...
    Hope he doesn't make a "stop" on the way :coffee:

3. Doberman862

Reputations:
    I was thinking he same thing. It's was someplace in Delaware, right? Although he can score across the street. Ironically, he's playing the Howard Theatre. There's a joke in there somewhere.

4. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    He says "Delaware," but the heroin is probably from Elkton, MD which is right over the state line.

As a local, I know where shit be.

5. Anyonenow

Anyonenow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [h=3]Artie Lange talks Wilmington & heroin[/h]
    On any given day during a four-month period in 2005, comedian Artie Lange found himself frantically driving down the New Jersey Turnpike headed to Wilmington, looking to score heroin -- the drug that cost him his girlfriend and, nearly, his career and his life.

Between March and June of that year, Lange would enter Sirius Satellite Radio's midtown Manhattan studios at 6 a.m., joke around for four hours on "The Howard Stern Show" and then slink out of the office to his Mercedes-Benz and begin his drive to Delaware.

In the midst of heroin withdrawal, Lange would speed south and park a few hours later at an undisclosed spot just off I-95 in Wilmington to meet his heroin dealer, a man he had met months earlier at his Christmas stand-up concert at the former Kahunaville nightclub on Wilmington's Riverfront.

Usually his dealer would show up on time, Lange would snort some of the drug and then drive back to New York. Other times, Lange would wait for hours, making call after call to his contact, who was also a drug abuser.

On a few occasions, he never showed. Lange, in the grip of heroin withdrawal, would then make several calls to his South Jersey drug contacts and buy 100 painkillers to hold him over until he could head back to Delaware to score more heroin.

In a word, his life was chaotic.

6. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    There are some nice parking lots around here so I can see why Artie would make the drive.

7. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie has to be the worst heroin addict in the history of addiction, he never lost weight plus he had trouble getting shit.

8. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    not going. i prefer to better use my cash as kitty litter.

9. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    and he was an asshole. he didn't have to drive all the way to willmington for heroin. it's available up and down the jersey coast. its probably easier to get that than to find a McDonalds in NJ. just find a high school (its not like they're actually teaching the kids in them).

10. Gusbuss

Gusbuss VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I told my husband that up til 2 years ago I'd be going to see Artie tonight. No interest now though. I've moved on to Jeselnik

11. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    let us know if he does his classic "walking to st louis on meth" joke.

12. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Do you think you can video it on your phone and post here?Thanks.

13. Kaii

Kaii Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Maybe he'll tell his basket ball Reggie joke

14. Rev Bob Levy

Rev Bob Levy <b><a href="http://revboblevy.com/">RevBobLevy.com VIP

Reputations:
    dude im on the shows tonight and he has a whole new act and its killing we are both sober now and i swear you will have a great time ..and come up to say hello after ya fuck ha

15. hollywoodrose

hollywoodrose Member VIP

Reputations:

He really was - he lived in one of the easiest places to score on the planet and he drives south to Delaware to get what was most definitely weak, heavily cut crap sold to him by a guy who knew Artie was rich, desperate to look cool and had no idea what heroin was. Most people grow out of that stage at around 15 - Artie was rounding 40 and he was still thinking like he was in the 9th grade. He used to brag about smoking cigarettes, and he'd put an unlit cigarette in his mouth any time he had his picture taken.

Artie was so desperate to tell people he did heroin and at the same time he didn't realize that if you really do become an addict you don't get a prize. You don't magically turn into a comic genius, a gangster, great musician etc. - you just die. And before that happens you get to watch everything you ever loved or worked for just vanish. That's what really annoyed me about him - he was such a fake and so desperate to try on new identities that he never developed one of his own. That's why his "comedy" is so unremarkable and forced. You don't get good by making things up - you get good by having the guts to bare your soul.

16. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Fudge Packer Banned User

Reputations:

I watched his Gotham Comedy Club special on the Axs channel last night and he was pretty funny in his 10 minutes.
    Also, I saw this guy Harris Stanton on the show who was one of the funniest stand ups I've seen in a long time.

17. Greekfreak

Greekfreak New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Having listened to all of his standup, I still think he's a better joke-writer and storyteller than a stand-up. His bit on the Special Olympics was really great.

18. Doberman862

Reputations:
    He is funny! I am also new to and loving Sebastain Maniscalco. His "Whats Wrong With People" is freaking funny. It's on Netflix. Saw him about a month ago - great

19. Doberman862

Reputations:
    Will try!

20. Doberman862

Reputations:
    Bob! I have your Fuck People shirt - always a conversation starter. Would love to see you after! I will punch you in the head if Artie sucks!